2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Search This thread

Andrew149

Jul 17, 2010
Modesto CA
Just saw new nexus owners are getting a free additional 2100mah battery and cover: http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=57405142&cid=null&bcid=&bid=-94

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Ok guys just got my korean battery to comfirm i had to cut the tabs to make it work with the phone but the promblem is that you need to cut almost all the tabs on the side so the sides kind of bulge anyways i got it good enough to stay on and fit the phone correctly but now it wont fit in my Case-mate Tough case so the solution was to take the cover off the back of the phone and leave the 2000mah battery in..So theres no random reboots to confirm battery life seems excellent so far but i can t really say anything since ive only had it in the phone for a few hours.

shiftkenny

Nov 17, 2006
I really want this Korean battery but I'm not a fan of bulking up the phone then again I'm useing the pop case lol

Sent from my SGH-I777

Andrew149

Jul 17, 2010
Modesto CA

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Why exactly did the international one not fit you? Did the tabs not line up?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Ok, i put the battery in, then tried to put the cover on by starting with the bottom tabs, then the side tabs and then the top. Problem was one of the top corners would always pop out, if i applied enough pressure on that corner out would close but then the other corner would pop out. So that is why it does not fit. I compared the tabs from my original cover to the international version and i did not notice much of a difference, maybe the tabs were a bit longer or shorter on the international version, i really couldn't see what needed to be modified. Anyways i tried some cutting but it didn't work out. And trust me, i did buy the exact same kit that you mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Dimatchka

Dec 18, 2011
Brooklyn
Ok, i put the battery in, then tried to put the cover on by starting with the bottom tabs, then the side tabs and then the top. Problem was one of the top corners would always pop out, if i applied enough pressure on that corner out would close but then the other corner would pop out. So that is why it does not fit. I compared the tabs from my original cover to the international version and i did not notice much of a difference, maybe the tabs were a bit longer or shorter on the international version, i really couldn't see what needed to be modified. Anyways i tried some cutting but it didn't work out. And trust me, i did buy the exact same kit that you mentioned.

The problem is in the bottom tabs I believe when you place the cover on it feels a bit stiff and prevents the cover from going down fully. This creates the tension in the back that prevents the cover from gong down in that area. Try shaving the two tabs on the bottom that go into the phone in the phone hump area. Hope this helps. When you compare the international cover notice how the bottom cover tabs are made below the cover while in the international it is coming from the middle of the cover.

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Hope this helps. When you compare the international cover notice how the bottom cover tabs are made below the cover while in the international it is coming from the middle of the cover.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately i got frustrated and threw out both the international and Korean covers, just kept the batteries :)

I'm thinking on buying those ones i posted links to, maybe they will work out?

Cryosx

Jul 19, 2010
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately i got frustrated and threw out both the international and Korean covers, just kept the batteries :)

I'm thinking on buying those ones i posted links to, maybe they will work out?

Test it out for us, please :p should probably press the seller if the cover really works for our phone. We know Korean and international don't work for us. If the seller is advertising any combo compatibility... it just seems too shady/unreliable

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Test it out for us, please :p should probably press the seller if the cover really works for our phone. We know Korean and international don't work for us. If the seller is advertising any combo compatibility... it just seems too shady/unreliable

Well, if i buy one from Amazon and one from Ebay, I'm sure i can get back my $$ this time because both seller's actually mentioned "compatability i777". Then we will know for sure. I don't see anyone else stepping up to give it a try, i have no choice, i will be the one!

Last edited:
Reactions: anikiup and Cryosx

Cryosx

Jul 19, 2010
Well, if i buy one from Amazon and one from Ebay, I'm sure i can get back my $$ this time because both seller's actually mentioned "comparability i777". Then we will know for sure. I don't see anyone else stepping up to give it a try, i have no choice i will be the one.

We love you, haha :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's better than how my 2 year old stock had become, but it isn't as good as stock was in the beginning. We discussed this over the last page and a half; take a look there for more info if you need it.

Sent from the i777
    No the actual battery not the battery cover. That's what I'm looking for.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Images can be found on the i9100 thread... a lot of pictures there . Just for you I took a few snap shots
    44a152f4-bccb-c984.jpg

44a152f4-bce6-03de.jpg

44a152f4-bcfb-f150.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

video:

you can see my tabs are not modified and they click into place
    http://youtu.be/0mlULvK1PrY

Korean (left); international (right):
    IMG_0148.jpg

korean (left) EB-K1A2EBSG ; international (right) EB-K1A2EBEGSTD :

IMG_0150-copy.jpg

korean ver side tabs dont match:
    Korean ver on top; stock on bottom
    IMG_0155-k-copy.jpg

IMG_0156-k.jpg

international side tabs match
    Note: non of my tabs are modified:

international ver on top; stock on bottom
    IMG_0159-i.jpg

IMG_0160-i.jpg
    That looks so nice. So to clarify, you are rocking the Korean NFC battery and the elusive perfect fit international cover, right? Where did you get your international kit seems to be the million dollar (or $40 dollar) question!

yup! international cover with no modification needed and korean battery with no boot loop.

im also using the international battery as a spare. i just charge it with the samsung cradle.

here are the 2 places ive ordered my kits:

international:
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-...r-galaxy-s2-2000mah-eb-k1a2ebegstd-p31732.htm

korean:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260899780576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649