Forced updated to 8107

Search This thread
A

aghnokneemoose

I have done this repeatedly exactly as directed and I keep getting the unknown error after the successful backup.

Any suggestions?

For whatever reason, when the phone restarts in backup mode, the computer cannot communicate with it, even thought the driver is installed. I had to (upon the phone turning off after being shut down by cab sender) pop the battery out and reinsert it and hold down the vol down button (hence putting it in backup mode myself) and plug the phone in again. This process allowed it to properly communicate with the computer. However, this process, nor the natural way of things yields a successful restore process from successful backup!

Last edited:

StevieBallz

Feb 13, 2010
Linz
Don't know if the AT&T Titan supports multiple UI languages but make sure you install ALL language packs for the languages on the phone or it is likely that your next update will fail as it assumes that all of those are present (that's the issue that led to the "walshed" phones when forcing Nodo).

A

aghnokneemoose

I don't have that issue. But I didn't stop at 7740. I went from 7720-8107. I haven't found any issue nor have I found any changes either. I read that the only differences were in Gmail sync issues and exchange issues.

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To General

Please only post development threads in this section​

disolitude

Jan 12, 2011
I am getting the following issue when trying to update - error 80070013

Seems like this is related to this issue - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481445

However that issue only has a solution posted for Zune updates. Since AT&T is screwing us for that, does anyone have ideas for how to bypass this problem with the cab sender?

titanerror.jpg

Last edited:

winnebago

Jul 28, 2007
Just forced my AT&T Titan to 8107 from 7740 and now the "Phone" tile doesn't work. I cannot bring up the keypad to make a phone call. Any one else experience this issue?
Backing down to 7740.
I had the same issue. You are missing a language file. Looks like some of the Titans have more than English installed. Revert to 7720 and grab the languages cab. Unzip them all to the cab sender folder. Then run the update. No more phone tile issue!

Also, be sure to place the cab sender folder in the root of C drive. Use an elevated command prompt to start "WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat" after starting the UPDATEWP.EXE for your OS version.

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
I am getting the following issue when trying to update - error 80070013

Seems like this is related to this issue - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481445

However that issue only has a solution posted for Zune updates. Since AT&T is screwing us for that, does anyone have ideas for how to bypass this problem with the cab sender?

titanerror.jpg

To update you have to be on 7720.68.. Your on 7720.03.. You need to download and install the 7720.68 update

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
I keep getting a "driver needs updated" error. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

:confused: Are you using the latest Zune? When you phone is connected to Zune (PC) when you do an Update Check from "Windows Update" does it show an optional update for a WP7 driver?

In the past windows update has given the option to update to a newer driver... Not with the titan but you never know

adam_wingert

Nov 18, 2010
Chambersburg
I do have the newest Zune on my PC. I've tried using the windows phone support tool. It goes through rebooting the phone twice before giving me that error. I'll have to try Windows update
I appreciate your response and ill let you know how I make out. Thanks

Sent from my Titan using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Top Liked Posts