samsung ebook reader 1.7.20120907 apk for ICS

Search This thread

Pmac25

Jul 14, 2010
MPLS
Locks my tablet up when I try to use it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

rihui

Oct 4, 2009
it works, but doesnt seem to response to pinch and zoom. i need to double tap to zoom.

anyone has the same problem?

himmatsj

Mar 11, 2012
This is by miles the best ebook app on Android, presentation wise at least. It replicates the sensation of reading a real book rather well. No other ebook readers on Google Play can even hold a candle to Samsung's in-house ebook reader.

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
we should give out a rewards if anyone make it work without stock ICS ROM or TW. What I meant if running pure ICS ROM (CM9) or JB.
so far it does installs, but always crashes when you tried import.

decatf

Dec 27, 2011
It is not bad but it is not my preferred reader app. There is no way to disable page flip animations. There is no way to set a default font size. The minimum font size is too large for my liking.

SAUA

Nov 13, 2007
Hello

It works on a P5100 but a question. How can I reset (clear) the bookmarks?

Thanks in advance,
saua

Last edited:

serosis

May 20, 2012
The simple answer is No. You need to use Samsung stock ICS or with Touch Wiz. the book reader needs Samsung's frame work

If this answer helps Please click my Thanks button.

Technically this is correct and incorrect.

The app itself will work but you need Samsung's MyFiles app to import books into the ebook app, which runs off the TouchWizUX framework.

If somebody could find a way to get MyFiles to work outside TouchWiz, then in theory it should work perfectly.

serosis

May 20, 2012
+1! I'd love to get this working on stock JB.

Here is a page describing how to remove the dependencies on TouchWiz: Link

I would try it but I've tried many times to decompile and recompile ICS apps with no success.

My advice to anyone is to get My Files working out of touchwiz, then ebooks would work by default.

coolgame

Jan 27, 2012
Mumbai
This app works on my nexus 7 running non touchwiz framework.tho clicking on import causes it to crash

fixbug

Jul 17, 2009
It's possible to use ebook without touchwizz fw.
Import does not work but if you open the epub file with a file browser, it does not crash.

kpanand

Mar 5, 2012
thank you very much. i am able to install and it is working perfectly well. BTW i am running toldo jellybean rom ics v6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    samsung ebook reader 1.7.20120907 apk
    last ebook reader by samsung.
    install, reboot, enjoy!

http://db.tt/SFgGmyzB
    we should give out a rewards if anyone make it work without stock ICS ROM or TW. What I meant if running pure ICS ROM (CM9) or JB.
    so far it does installs, but always crashes when you tried import.

go here

you also need MyFiles.apk to be able to import books. both Ebook and MyFiles are resigned. tested on my galaxy tab 10.1v (stock ics non-touchwiz rom)

I have made the following changes:
    - to MyFiles.apk (taken from earler honeycomb P7500 touchwiz rom) :
    -- no support for external usb storage as my tab doesn't support it, don't have time to add some try-catch statements to make it compatible with devices that support it.
    -- disabled android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED receiver, so an activity won't show up on boot (we don't need this is anyway)

- to Ebook.apk
    -- default font is changed to DroidSansFallback. CODE2000.TTF removed from assets/fonts/
    -- replaced libadobermsdkwrapper.so with one from P7500's honeycomb Ebook.apk. default library results in crashes on my tablet.
    -- CODE2000.TTF replaced with Roboto-Regular.ttf
    -- small change to com/samsung/elibreader/BookshelfLibraryViewer to make it work with my MyFiles.apk. otherwise it would require newe MyFiles.
    -- disabled tts language detection.
    -- fixed a memory leak due to not implemented native method (related to screen capturing, takeSnapshot in FBSnapshotMaker or something)

as a result of the above TTS will not work at all. LensControl may work or may not work, depends, it doesn't for me

there is still a horrible memory leak in bookshelf's show by title / category / author views. MAT gives some hints that it is related to a ListView instance. I support a layoutinflater.... I may fix that in the future, or I may not fix, depends :))

I have also uploaded modified sources so you guys know what and where has been changed, search for "# " comments.

remember, no guarantees, "works for me" doesn't mean that it will also work for you.

and @Luxor thanks for sharing the apk. I've been fighting some really weird bugs with a newer apk, this one is alot better.
    MyFiles app

Hi Seo,

I appreciate very much your port of Samsung Ebook and MyFiles apps! I use it every day on my Transformer Pad TF300T. The only remaining problem is that I have 800+ ebooks in my micro SDHC card and I always have to copy to the internal card those I want to import into the Ebook app.

I know I may ask too much for you, but would it be possible to modify the MyFiles in order to recognise also the SDHC card? In Transformer Pad the route is '\Removable\MicroSD'.

Thanks a lot again in advance!

Best regards,

Tibor