Missing AdbWinApi.dll

Search This thread

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
i don't know if you've figured this one out yet, but here's the solution to a potential cause.

You need to add the directory containing the "adbwinapi.dll" to windows' path under environment variables, so windows know where to look for the necessary files when you enter commands in the shell.

For this exercise i'm going to assume that you have installed the android sdk in the directory called "android-sdk-windows" on your c: Hard drive. If you have it installed somewhere else, change the path i'm mentioning below accordingly.

Go to the windows "control panel".
Click on "system and security".
Click on "system".
Click on "advanced system settings" in the left column of the window you're in.
Find the button called "environment variables" in the window that opens (it's at the bottom on the first tab).
Scroll down in the "system variables" box until you find "path".
Select "path" and click the "edit" button.
At the very beginning of the input field called "variable value" enter the following:
"c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools;" (without the quotes).
Do not remove any of the other paths, and make sure you have a semi colon at the end of the new path you're adding.
Reboot.

Now the windows command shell knows where to find the necessary dll's and whatnot.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you soooooo much! :d

jellileo

Apr 1, 2012
I had the same problem. twice...
for me it was because I extracted adb straight to C:\android-tools using winRAR.
This created ANOTHER folder within that folder "adroid-tools" and extracted the files there. I just took the files out of the folder and made that folder redundant. This completely solved the problem for me twice now.

Hope this helps.

bashali

Mar 5, 2010
Thanks a Million

Thanks Brother and your tip worked like a charm. I wasted 3 hours and with your help my problem solved in 2 minuts. Thanks Bro
I don't know if you've figured this one out yet, but here's the solution to a potential cause.

You need to add the directory containing the "AdbWinApi.dll" to Windows' path under Environment Variables, so Windows know where to look for the necessary files when you enter commands in the shell.

For this exercise I'm going to assume that you have installed the Android SDK in the directory called "android-sdk-windows" on your C: hard drive. If you have it installed somewhere else, change the path I'm mentioning below accordingly.

Go to the Windows "Control Panel".
Click on "System and Security".
Click on "System".
Click on "Advanced system settings" in the left column of the window you're in.
Find the button called "Environment Variables" in the window that opens (it's at the bottom on the first tab).
Scroll down in the "System variables" box until you find "Path".
Select "Path" and click the "Edit" button.
At the very beginning of the input field called "Variable value" enter the following:
"C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools;" (without the quotes).
Do not remove any of the other paths, and make sure you have a semi colon at the end of the new path you're adding.
Reboot.

Now the windows command shell knows where to find the necessary DLL's and whatnot.

gothicasshole

Nov 23, 2010
Try this.

Shift + Right Click on folder C:\android-sdk-windows\tools, go to command mode option from there, and you should see it coming up with a command screen, type in adb devices with your phone plugged into the computer. If it shows your daemon is killing server, don't kill the window yet. Just wait...

It was meant to do this someway or whatever since I have a custom built PC for gaming and other purposes. I just didn't get the tech nerd answer right away for every problem solved, but it was all from you guys in XDA-developers, so I had this same error from trying to run 'adb' from start panel, and it didn't work because it was telling me my adb was needed to be re-installed and my AdbWinUsbApi.dll was missing from my folder, and It didn't tell me what folder, so I remembered my old way of learning how to run adb for the first time with my device.

Shift + Right Click tools folder from C:\android-sdk-windows as in C:\android-sdk-windows - Shift + Right Click RUN COMMAND PROMPT MODE. It should be fine after running this commands for your devices to show in the list.

type:

adb devices
adb remount - This is if your connected to a device already after.
adb install C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\setcpu.apk - example of your first apk file install.

Running the daemon killing server isn't gonna do anything to your phone like technically ruin it or trash it but its not, honestly, I never seen my phone ruined from this daemon killing server part, so if anyone cared to explained?
i coppied everything to my c drive folder itself the fastboot.exe adb.exe winapi.dll and the winusbapi.dll from the sdk tools and bingo adb access :)

Gliuk_er

Nov 11, 2013
Bucharest
it's working

I don't know if you've figured this one out yet, but here's the solution to a potential cause.

You need to add the directory containing the "AdbWinApi.dll" to Windows' path under Environment Variables, so Windows know where to look for the necessary files when you enter commands in the shell.

For this exercise I'm going to assume that you have installed the Android SDK in the directory called "android-sdk-windows" on your C: hard drive. If you have it installed somewhere else, change the path I'm mentioning below accordingly.

Click on "System".
Find the button called "Environment Variables" in the window that opens (it's at the bottom on the first tab).
At the very beginning of the input field called "Variable value" enter the following:
Reboot.

Now the windows command shell knows where to find the necessary DLL's and whatnot.

===
The error was fixed.
thanks!

usmraz

Feb 2, 2014
Ghotki
Google Pixel 2 XL
OnePlus 8T
AdbWinApi.dll missing Solved

i don't know if you've figured this one out yet, but here's the solution to a potential cause.

You need to add the directory containing the "adbwinapi.dll" to windows' path under environment variables, so windows know where to look for the necessary files when you enter commands in the shell.

For this exercise i'm going to assume that you have installed the android sdk in the directory called "android-sdk-windows" on your c: Hard drive. If you have it installed somewhere else, change the path i'm mentioning below accordingly.

Go to the windows "control panel".
Click on "system and security".
Click on "system".
Click on "advanced system settings" in the left column of the window you're in.
Find the button called "environment variables" in the window that opens (it's at the bottom on the first tab).
Scroll down in the "system variables" box until you find "path".
Select "path" and click the "edit" button.
At the very beginning of the input field called "variable value" enter the following:
"c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools;" (without the quotes).
Reboot.

Now the windows command shell knows where to find the necessary dll's and whatnot.

thank you very much .........

daniraindroid

Apr 8, 2014
None of this works

I've tried everything on this forum.
I really need to get this to work.
I don't have a folder called "Android" in Program Files.
The default file name for the folder isn't "android-sdk-windows". It is "adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321" and I downloaded it from "developer.android." (won't let me type dot com) and unpacked it with WinRAR and saved it to the desktop.
"fastboot-win" was also saved to the desktop and unpackaged in the same manner. I have the .dll in the platform-tools folder but after everything I have tried on this forum, nothing. please help.

Reactions: tootall163

Adambolic

Jun 26, 2012
Thank you!! Solved HTC One Bootloader issue

This worked perfectly and was easy to follow. Thank you so much for posting this.

highper

Feb 7, 2008
I've tried everything on this forum.
I really need to get this to work.
I don't have a folder called "Android" in Program Files.
The default file name for the folder isn't "android-sdk-windows". It is "adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140321" and I downloaded it from "developer.android." (won't let me type dot com) and unpacked it with WinRAR and saved it to the desktop.
"fastboot-win" was also saved to the desktop and unpackaged in the same manner. I have the .dll in the platform-tools folder but after everything I have tried on this forum, nothing. please help.

Search for your AdbWinApi.dll and use that file path for it instead. That's what I did and it worked.

reekum@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2014
Anyone or just you

Hi guys. I was wrestling with the same ‘missing DLL’ issue and reading this made me realizing what is the problem in my case. Could be useful for others to know…
When you install the Android SDK, the installer gives you the option to make the resource available to all users of your computer or just for you. Depending your preference, the installer puts the resources in different directories.
When you choose to have it available for anyone using your computer, they’ll be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk; but when it’s just for you, they’ll be installed in C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk
Obviously, your editing of the path in ‘Environment Variables’ should correspond to these locations, or the executable won’t be directed to the proper location and report a missing DLL.
*whistles*

monkicalee

May 27, 2015
How to Fix Missing AdbWinApi.dll ?

Hey,
As a matter of fact, jinit13122.exe missing/ not found error can be removed in many different ways.

Method One: Troubleshoot jinit13122.exe Missing Error On Your Own.
Step 1. Find out the full name of the DLL file that you require. Write this down in a notepad document or on a piece of paper.
Step 2. Use Google, or some other search engine, to locate the DLL. You can usually find these types of files on DLL collection websites (see Resources).
Step 3. Follow the on-screen steps to download the file to PC. Save it in an easily accessible location such as your desktop, or your “My Documents” folder. Make sure not to rename the DLL file while downloading.
Step 4. These files usually come within a .zip document. Right-click on the .zip, and choose the option “extract here.” This will place the .dll file just outside of the .zip file, so that you can access it.
Step 5. Right-click on the .dll file, and select “cut.”
Step 6. Navigate to your root drive (usually C:), and then to “Windows” and “system32.” Anywhere in this folder, right click on the screen, and choose “paste.” This will copy the DLL into the registry folder for Windows.

Method Two: Uninstall the newly installed program on your computer system

Method Three: Solve DLL missing Problems Automatically.
Download and install SmartPCFixer to remove DLL missing error.
:eek:
Read More >>blog.dllmissingrepair.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Click on "System".
    Reboot.

Alot easier fix, go to google type in adbwinapi.dll and download it.

Put it in sdk/tools

Done

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    An easier way

[fastboot does not work, adb works]

No need to fiddle with environment variables. This should do it:

cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    ..\tools\fastboot.exe devices
    etc.

Explanation: the dll's (along with adb) were moved to platform-tools. Issuing fastboot from this directory, using '..', which means "up one directory level", with 'tools' then picks up the dll's.
    I installed the SDK and have run my ADB scripts for my samsung Vibrant before, I got home today and got a "The Program can't stat because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer" error. I uninstalled the SDK and reinstalled it rebooting my computer after each just to make sure. I also tried moving the AdbWinApi.dll file to my Windows/System32 folder along with the Adb.exe.

I am running windows 7 64bit
    Core I7 920 @2.67 GHz
    6 GB ram
    ATI 5750 Vid card

Any help would be great.
    Cheers,
    Thanks espentan. That worked for me.