[JB+][3.0.8/2.6.32 kernel] CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 for the Defy(+)

Search This thread

knipers

Apr 1, 2009
All new builds not work in Multiboot 0.8:

CM10-20121118-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip
cm-10-20121125-UNOFFICIAL-mb526.zip

Problem:

When inicialize 2-system boot, the phone shutdown and restart.

TerenceWSK

Nov 20, 2012
GZ
All roms using 2ndboot custom kernel do not boot on multiboot, because multiboot uses 2ndinit mode.:D

Sent from my IdeaTab A1107 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sabayjoo_

Posse666

Jun 16, 2010
How can I do this? Thaks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Make a file in data folder via rootexplorer, name it sdcard.sh
Open with text editor, put command that was above and save it. Download smanager from google play, make root permissions, launch sdcard.sh, tap su and autostart icons. Thats all :)

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

KairosDev

Oct 21, 2012
Wellington
Testing 10.1 on Red Lens MB525

For those wanting to know...
I will be updating this regularly with new information I find

INSTALLING:

Backed up everything (Nandroid)
Wiped cache
Wiped data
Installed ROM
Installed Google Apps
Wiped [dalvik] cache
Booted

FIRST BOOT:
'Crashed' on first boot, went back to Motorola logo.
The second attempt worked fine.

The Setup Wizard kept repeatedly crashing, so I restarted the phone.
Same thing kept happening, so I wiped data and cache, installed the ROM but DIDN'T install the Google Apps, wiped cache, rebooted.
Booted fine.

The first thing I did was gain access to SD Card using the Terminal commands.

What DOESN'T WORK:
Google Apps UPDATE Works! :D
WiFi scanning. WiFi connectivity works, but you have to manually add in networks.
SD Card mount. You have to run a command in Terminal for this.
Photosphere, because it isn't available.
Gesture Typing: trace visible, popup doesn't show and no text is created.
Music. Won't play, even after audio fix
Gallery is somewhat buggy.
Bluetooth

That's all I've found out so far.

Cheers

UPDATE 1
I reinstalled Google Apps, works fine. :D
UPDATE 2
Messaging kept crashing after I restored my messages. But otherwise it works great, so just don't restore SMS.
Installed the flashable audio fix, sound works but music doesn't.
UPDATE 3
Gallery sometimes won't display pictures, especially if opened by another app for choosing photos.
Music won't play at all, even with audio fix.
Bluetooth won't turn on.

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
@Quarx, somehow Epsylon managed to fix Panorama (and maybe Video Recording - I didn't tested) on CM9. Can you check his code to see what implementations can help on (finishing) CM10 and (complementing) CM10.1?
are you sure that is true 100%? because when I tried epsylon latest build (18nov) first panoramas I took were ok, then later on (from second day or so) panorama was not working again.. that's why I reverted to JB + camera ics..

Gafanhotz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
are you sure that is true 100%? because when I tried epsylon latest build (18nov) first panoramas I took were ok, then later on (from second day or so) panorama was not working again.. that's why I reverted to JB + camera ics..

Here it worked nicely. I'm now looking into a way to confirm the Epsylon theory that the RIL doesn't need to be ifdefed, and that shoud be the culprit to the RIL problems. But it's not that simple when you're out of time.

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I think we also need to come with mininal gapps coz we are runing out of sys partition

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

yes, but that's also a fail from Gapps in OP. there are many Google crap like maps and earth in the pack.

just try this, huge download but full customizable pack for JB4.2. first I made one minimal pack, but if I see that AROMA Gapps pack it's not needed I think.

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
new Gapps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip

Changelog:
[QUOTE =RootzWiki] Not compatible with 4.1.x.
Installs Photosphere and Picasa sync on Mako (Nexus 4), Manta (Nexus 10), and Tuna (Galaxy Nexus, all variants).
Does not include Grouper (Nexus 7) because it does not have a rear camera.
The GalleryGoogle.apk's for each are different, thus why there is one APK for each.
Overrides custom ROM camera features on all three due to replacing the AOSP camera/gallery APK.
ThinkFree and Microbes live wallpaper removed to save space.
All APKs updated to 4.2.0 versions, where applicable.
Still allows sync between AOSP calendar and Google Calendar.
Does not include non-NEON libraries, as there have not been any non-NEON devices (Tegra and Tegra 2 devices such as the Motorola XOOM) which have received 4.2, and the 4.1 libraries are not compatible with 4.2.
/system/etc/g.prop updated:
Users on 4.1 will not receive GooManager update notifications to 4.2.
Users on any past or third-party GApps packages and 4.2.x will not be recommended the proper package in GooManager when tapping on "Download gapps packages" then selecting to "Download latest google apps".
GooManager recognizes 20121130 (and future 4.2.x packages) as a new platform (jb42 instead of jb). [/QUOTE]

Edit:

I made a minimal Gapps pack, only 25MB.
looks on my Gapps mirror http://gapps.longren.org/ tell me if there is a problem with that pack, it contains same data as Quarx pack for 4.1.*

Last edited:

Sorgue311

Dec 15, 2011
When receiving a phone call, the screen isn't turned on and sometimes it crashes and rings for a while with no possibilty to unlock the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: david.absenta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for Defy and Defy+

Mirrors: http://www.uncledan.it/android-files/CM10.1/
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps

Experimental builds with 3.0.8 kernel:
    Not for daily usage!
    Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.1-nightly-defy+/!!!experimental!!!/
    Works: SD-Card, Bluetooth, Torch, Leds, USB all modes, HW Video decoding, Sensors, FM-Radio (only seek stations+RDS), Sound (only speaker).
    Not work: Headset, BT-headset, FM-Radio sound, Phone, GPS, Camera, FM-TX, WiFi.
    Known problems: Low speed of USB Mass-storage, Display not always wake after sleep, Suspend not work correctly.

Builds on stable 2.6.32 kernel:
    Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.1-nightly-defy+/2.6.32/
    Mirror: http://d-h.st/users/Quarx/?fld_id=14052#files

Problems/TODO:
    1. BT-headset has problems.
    2 .BT will not work, if FM is enabled.
    3. Video recording is not good.
    4. Memory leak after some days.
    5. Delay on wakeup.

09.04.13: Suspend optimizations.
    13.04.13: Fix BT, add Volume Rocker Wake Support and Expanded Desktop preference. 5Ghz WiFi (not tested)
    15.04.13: Fix FM-Radio, Add pie controls, TWRP recovery..

11.05.13 Updated USB-Gadget to native for 4.x, fix mtp/ptp/storage/tethering. Removed usb.apk/usbd. Many minor fixes..
    16.05.13 Very experimental build, contain a lot of updates from kernels 2.6.33 - 3.1. Increased performance, added swap. Memory management updated to 2.6.39(3.0) state. Some parts updated to 3.1. Blechd0se patches for interactive gov.
    07.06.13 Fix 2g/3g data (thanks to Kayant for finding the right way to resolve problem). More safe mount options (should fix problems of random bootloops). Fix Google Messaging service (thanks to ccav2000)
    16.06.13 Updated wifi driver & wpa_supplicant, fix bt-tether by @dh.harald. Improvement in interactive governor by @Blechd0se. Updated kernel with some patches from upstream.
    09.07.13 Stability fixes. Updated bootmenu. This build not contain ZCache/Zram/Swap. Who want use ZRAM and other experimental features, can install @Blechd0se's kernel

F.A.Q
    Good news.. 720p decoding works great, full hw decoding:)
    New build uploaded:
    Sdcard, charging, all sensors, leds+white, all hw buttons, stable 60fps+hwc, sound via speaker, bluetooth/tethering, Usb MTP/PTP/Tethering/MassStorage, 300mhz bug fixed, kill_dss=1, fixed mpu freq on boot, adb icon now is removed after unplug cable.
    Please check bt headset.
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.1-nightly-defy+/!!!experimental!!!/CM10.1-20130210-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip
    Before that happens, Quarx needs a new DEFY. Please donate to him what you can.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    I'm really surprised how community appreciated our work.
    Big Thanks, I hope soon I'll get a defy:)

No, devs not abandoned 3.0 kernel;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    New build uploaded:) http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.1-nightly-defy+/!!!experimental!!!/CM10.1-20130208-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip
    Fix low fps + hwc, fix lags, fix sound in speaker, fix white led and many other small fixes.
    Boot now is more stable..
    After boot, check cpu settings. Max/Min can be 300/300!
    Media Server can affect on performance while scanning.

Please try on defy/defy+ different versions, maybe on some models will be problems.