[APP][2.3+] personal HTTPproxy for Android - block ads without root

Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Hi community.

Just stopping by to inform you, that the app/tool personalHTTPproxy has a new home.
New releases will come soon.

What is personalHTTPproxy?
It is a tool for Java enabled devices and an Android app that can filter all your HTTP traffic to block ads - no root needed.
The app/tool is open source software and is free of charge. No paid extended or premium version.

Check out

http://personalHTTPproxy.org

for more info...

140erkg.png

Kind regards

t-ryder

Last edited:

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Adblocking runs good for any Browser used on Android, but we are facing problems when it comes to block ads in apps.
This is caused by ads that just bypass the HTTP(s) proxy to download the ads from Google AdMob and other Google ad services.
There are apps (and this is as it's oughta be) that respect the proxy settings and the ad filtering is done right.
And there are apps that just ignore the proxy settings to fetch the ads from various hosts.
Without a VPN, a real global proxy (root) or messing with iptables on a rooted phone or the hosts file itself (using another app) those ads can not be blocked.

Last edited:

jgoff1995

Oct 26, 2016
I will give this application a try, thank you for throwing this information out here on the world wide web!

Mattiapk

Sep 7, 2018
How can I add new hosts in personal dns filter?
I tried to go to hosts-file.net but I don't understand what I have to do and what I have to download.
:confused:

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Reactions: AntonVermeulen

Top Liked Posts