usb dac

Search This thread

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
I need help getting a usb dac working with my note 8. Usb audio player works but its not a good option for me since it will be a in car install. Anyone with any expirence in this please chime in. Im willing to do whatever it takes. My note 2 had native support so does the note 3. I think it has to do with services.jar. I am not sure exacly what files need to be added but I used basmali on my n7 to input a few lines to the services jar file and it worked great. Thanks for any help. I have a syba dac works fine with android.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I need help getting a usb dac working with my note 8. Usb audio player works but its not a good option for me since it will be a in car install. Anyone with any expirence in this please chime in. Im willing to do whatever it takes. My note 2 had native support so does the note 3. I think it has to do with services.jar. I am not sure exacly what files need to be added but I used basmali on my n7 to input a few lines to the services jar file and it worked great. Thanks for any help. I have a syba dac works fine with android.

I am not sure what you are doing or meaning.

This is a Note 8.0... so if you are side loading an app from a Note 2, things may not work.

I play mp3 files just fine from SD or OTG USB, and don't need an app for playback.

As for pulling mp3 files from tablet... I use Xposed with download to SD for xposed.

I copied all the important folders from the system over to SD and redirected the system paths in the Xposed module to point to the corresponding folders on SD.

Maybe having SD and system folders simultaneously available is causing issues with your cars media player.

Ford Sync works fine and one of my apps has a fix for Sync, but many diff issues with Honda on 9th gen Accords and using media android or not.

GT-N5110 & GT-N5120 - 64GB 633x on board, Status Official on SafeRooted OEM ROMs with Wanam Xposed and RootCloak. The only way to fly 8+ hours!

This badboy don't play with Play & Triangle away!

Last edited:

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
I am not sure what you are doing or meaning.

This is a Note 8.0... so if you are side loading an app from a Note 2, things may not work.

I play mp3 files just fine from SD or OTG USB, and don't need an app for playback.

As for pulling mp3 files from tablet... I use Xposed with download to SD for xposed.

I copied all the important folders from the system over to SD and redirected the system paths in the Xposed module to point to the corresponding folders on SD.

Maybe having SD and system folders simultaneously available is causing issues with your cars media player.

Ford Sync works fine and one of my apps has a fix for Sync, but many diff issues with Honda on 9th gen Accords and using media android or not.

GT-N5110 & GT-N5120 - 64GB 633x on board, Status Official on SafeRooted OEM ROMs with Wanam Xposed and RootCloak. The only way to fly 8+ hours!

This badboy don't play with Play & Triangle away!

A dac isnt a app its a piece of hardware that when connected gives you alot cleaner output for a extenal amplifier. It connects to the usb host then routs the audio signal to the dac the dac amplifies it and send a better signal to your headphones or amplifier. Its very common with car audio guys like myself and will work nativly with many phones and tablets. It seems the note 8 is missing some drivers or libs ect... for this to work. I need a dev to help out. Thanks for the reply.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
A dac isnt a app its a piece of hardware that when connected gives you alot cleaner output for a extenal amplifier. It connects to the usb host then routs the audio signal to the dac the dac amplifies it and send a better signal to your headphones or amplifier. Its very common with car audio guys like myself and will work nativly with many phones and tablets. It seems the note 8 is missing some drivers or libs ect... for this to work. I need a dev to help out. Thanks for the reply.

I am familiar with DAC and processing, just most have app issues not hardware connectivity issues.

The Note 8.0 DAC is very capable of outputting and converting digital, you just need to enable surround and use an HML adapter to HDMI... then you have your pure digital out for processing. Most portable processors are HDMI now whether they are for cars or theatre use. If going from HDMI to multi channel, if your DAC does not have HDMI in, you can get an HDMI converter for connecting TOSLink, Coax, or Balanced audio output.

Do that all the time a home on my Yamaha.

You also have the ability to use Viper4Android HIFI it has advanced CPU processing to clean up MP3 format files for the best analog listening experience since it does the clean up natively, MHL HDMI output will also be cleaned up as well. Highly recommended as it has an Audiophile processing power without all the gizmos and colorization of other types of clean up apps or processors.

Here is the google play store link, though I get the one from the developers site... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android233.xhifi

Last edited:

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
I am familiar with DAC and processing, just most have app issues not hardware connectivity issues.

The Note 8.0 DAC is very capable of outputting and converting digital, you just need to enable surround and use an HML adapter to HDMI... then you have your pure digital out for processing. Most portable processors are HDMI now whether they are for cars or theatre use. If going from HDMI to multi channel, if your DAC does not have HDMI in, you can get an HDMI converter for connecting TOSLink, Coax, or Balanced audio output.

Do that all the time a home on my Yamaha.

You also have the ability to use Viper4Android HIFI it has advanced CPU processing to clean up MP3 format files for the best analog listening experience since it does the clean up natively, MHL HDMI output will also be cleaned up as well. Highly recommended as it has an Audiophile processing power without all the gizmos and colorization of other types of clean up apps or processors.

Here is the google play store link, though I get the one from the developers site... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android233.xhifi

Im very familiar with v4a but i have a arc audio ps8 for processing so i want my signal as original as possible . V4a is a awsome app i use it but not for my needs for this install.Hdmi out is not a aption for me i need optical. An example of a dac i want to use is fiio e17, nuforce udac. I see a few hdmi to optical converters but the are pricey. Thanks for the reply its appreciated.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Im very familiar with v4a but i have a arc audio ps8 for processing so i want my signal as original as possible . V4a is a awsome app i use it but not for my needs for this install.Hdmi out is not a aption for me i need optical. An example of a dac i want to use is fiio e17, nuforce udac. I see a few hdmi to optical converters but the are pricey. Thanks for the reply its appreciated.

Well Toslink has its issues and would be my last option in getting pure data. Though I do not see $40 to $75 being pricey for a converter. If anything I would replace the PS8 for a Lexicon processor, Though a DC-1 being over 10 years old would be too pricey for you as well, so going to a Meridian would be pointless.

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
Well Toslink has its issues and would be my last option in getting pure data. Though I do not see $40 to $75 being pricey for a converter. If anything I would replace the PS8 for a Lexicon processor, Though a DC-1 being over 10 years old would be too pricey for you as well, so going to a Meridian would be pointless.

I spent wayyy to much money as it is.I got a 30$ behringer dac uca202 with optical and it works great with the note8 and the ps8. Optical is by far the best signal i had so far,clean powerful. I couldnt be happier. It has a burrbrown dac built in for the analog outputs but after comparing them optical has more output.as fas as the processors you recommended i need a 8 channel and it has to be small. The ps8 is perfect for my needs it has a 31 band eq for each channnel independent crossovers for each channel, time alignment, a mixer and phase control for blending channels 8 volt out the list goes on. I tried helix dsp and a few others but the output on the ps8 is killer...thanks for the recomendations.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I spent wayyy to much money as it is.I got a 30$ behringer dac uca202 with optical and it works great with the note8 and the ps8. Optical is by far the best signal i had so far,clean powerful. I couldnt be happier. It has a burrbrown dac built in for the analog outputs but after comparing them optical has more output.as fas as the processors you recommended i need a 8 channel and it has to be small. The ps8 is perfect for my needs it has a 31 band eq for each channel independent crossovers for each channel, time alignment, a mixer and phase control for blending channels 8 volt out the list goes on. I tried helix dsp and a few others but the output on the ps8 is killer...thanks for the recomendations.

8 channels ... Both types have 9.1 channels for Theater experience and are THX - EX certified. In fact they are tops in professional equipment.

Rule of thumb car audio is second rate over professional studio equipment. The only time I use fiber optics is through our backbone links. Car and Home Toslink connex are filled with judder. Professionals use hard wired connex, HDMI, Coax, Scart, or balanced analog line cables.

I just find this thread funny to hear you have spent a lot of money on equipment and tablet, and want to use toslink and above all use USB, which IMO cannot pass the bandwidth for true 7.1 sound without judder. Plus you are doing multiple downstream conversions when HDMI allows pure digital to connect, so using a MHL HDMI adapter allows untouched data to be available to your processor. I would not spend top dollar and not have HDMI digital in capabilities or attempt at limiting myself with Toslink. It is not that I am telling you your doing it wrong, as it seems that you expect the processor connection that you chose to be clean, when it is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

http://www.allaboutadapters.com/hddodtsdihdo.html

Enough said about this, you wanted to know how to connect your tablet and make the processor work. I gave all that I can to make it work for you. Its up to you to figure out how you are going to utilize it.

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
8 channels ... Both types have 9.1 channels for Theater experience and are THX - EX certified. In fact they are tops in professional equipment.

Rule of thumb car audio is second rate over professional studio equipment. The only time I use fiber optics is through our backbone links. Car and Home Toslink connex are filled with judder. Professionals use hard wired connex, HDMI, Coax, Scart, or balanced analog line cables.

I just find this thread funny to hear you have spent a lot of money on equipment and tablet, and want to use toslink and above all use USB, which IMO cannot pass the bandwidth for true 7.1 sound without judder. Plus you are doing multiple downstream conversions when HDMI allows pure digital to connect, so using a MHL HDMI adapter allows untouched data to be available to your processor. I would not spend top dollar and not have HDMI digital in capabilities or attempt at limiting myself with Toslink. It is not that I am telling you your doing it wrong, as it seems that you expect the processor connection that you chose to be clean, when it is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

http://www.allaboutadapters.com/hddodtsdihdo.html

Enough said about this, you wanted to know how to connect your tablet and make the processor work. I gave all that I can to make it work for you. Its up to you to figure out how you are going to utilize it.

I understand what ur saying but i am not looking for 7.1 just a clean signal for the ps8 its just that thae tablets dont have enough signalvoltage out maybe .5 volt at max . I have to make my install ps8 based because i have one already and i sell them at my shop and want to make a tablet installs a option for customers. Im not saying its the best solution but its what i needed ..Eveything you said is correct and when i am ready to step it up ill come to u for some suggestions.

nurall

Feb 24, 2011
No luck myself

I haven't been able to get my dac to work with my s8+.
Really miss the sound quality.