[Skins] Manilla 2D - Skins, clocks and wallpapers (new text color and softkeys!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phantomy2g

Jul 3, 2008
M2D message tab issues and temporary solution theory

i mentioned earlier that the xml causes the problem and i think this maybe true. Most themes having issues include designers htchomesettings.xml file that is copied to device and ovewrites entire previous xml. M2D is still beta theres probably different versions on most devices with diff xml floating around...
My solution is that until m2d is a little more universal(meaning most have the most current or same version) designers post what device they use and what m2d build and if users match up(atleast device) a complete cab install should be ok: but if u dont match up as a user wanting theme the designer will also have a zip that includes his theme and hhsettings.xml with adjusted areas highlighted in red/bold or something then users only copy icons and backgrounds to appropriate folder(windows) and for clock the user must edit their own htchomesettings based on the designers highlights in their xml; unless of course designer is willing to edit it for them... this may sound like alot but its really not and beyond invisibles thread explains his very easey weather icon installs. now if the user takes a little time to understand the xml it makes it easy as pie :p

Last edited:

Saschaaa71

Jul 28, 2008
I download this file: TF2D digital clock by pcarvalho, installed it and M2D don't start up anymore:confused:
Damn..this Manila thing drive me mad:cool:

Any sugestions? Thx

phantomy2g

Jul 3, 2008
na..its not that at all..all i did ( i use MSDC as well ) was disable some of the widgets like the ones i never use ( my faves, operator, settings, launcher and internet ) soft reset and BAM..good as new!

good **** meng, works everytime

what do u mean this is not it at all that post has nothing to do with m2dc its about the xml and hangs with message not pointed at m2dc at all... and i know the post u r referring to that i wrote is it at all right becuz i dealt with it for almost a week in creating my theme seeing the difference of message tab hanging and not and it correlated to the location widget not being enabled on my device along with a icon mask... with so many people designing themes and having issues and im trying to find a solution ur contribution is "na..its not that at all..all i did ( i use MSDC as well ) was disable some of the widgets like the ones i never use ( my faves, operator, settings, launcher and internet ) soft reset and BAM" so please read a little more carefully JStar before u go saying its not it at all sir just to confirm M2DC is great which i have already said is great but the problem is oh yeah just read pal

Edit: and for anyone else that thinks i said M2DC was causing message tab problem please read more carefully my post not once did i say this so u dont say things like "na..its not that at all" when im truely just trying to alleviate this message hang issue

Last edited:

azatic

Oct 21, 2007
launching TouchFlo

Everytime i change the skin for the TouchFlo it wont launch. The Today screen says tap here to launch TouchFlo but when you click it it trys to launch and then goes back to the text. Any help??:confused:

phantomy2g

Jul 3, 2008
Everytime i change the skin for the TouchFlo it wont launch. The Today screen says tap here to launch TouchFlo but when you click it it trys to launch and then goes back to the text. Any help??:confused:

read this:

i mentioned earlier that the xml causes the problem and i think this maybe true. Most themes having issues include designers htchomesettings.xml file that is copied to device and ovewrites entire previous xml. M2D is still beta theres probably different versions on most devices with diff xml floating around...
My solution is that until m2d is a little more universal(meaning most have the most current or same version) designers post what device they use and what m2d build and if users match up(atleast device) a complete cab install should be ok: but if u dont match up as a user wanting theme the designer will also have a zip that includes his theme and hhsettings.xml with adjusted areas highlighted in red/bold or something then users only copy icons and backgrounds to appropriate folder(windows) and for clock the user must edit their own htchomesettings based on the designers highlights in their xml; unless of course designer is willing to edit it for them... now this may or may not take M2DC out the picture for complete theme install but maybe necessary for those wanting to try a different themes without issue. this may sound like alot but its really not and beyond invisibles thread explains his very easey weather icon installs. now if the user takes a little time to understand the xml it makes it easy as pie

Last edited:

guevr001

Jan 25, 2008

conflict with skin. th exact why this happens i dont know. i am finding some skins are more compatible with previous version of m2d. to bring m2d back up disable touchflo in today:items and re install m2d. try an older version of m2d.

JCKOTZE

Jun 19, 2008
Please help with digital clock

Can someone please edit xml file ,that digital clock can be in right hand side of analog clock, I'm busy with new theme

PLEASE HELP (Good with skinning ,not xml)
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 149
  • ChronoOrange.zip
    136.8 KB · Views: 28

Ameet

Retired Moderator
Dec 15, 2007
Mumbai
Can someone please edit xml file ,that digital clock can be in right hand side of analog clock, I'm busy with new theme

PLEASE HELP (Good with skinning ,not xml)
Thanks in advance
You didnt post the digits so I dont know what is the width of those png files. But here's how I can help you out

<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_1STDIGIT_POS" id="3" value="135, 60" />
Value 60 is for up and down. This is measured from top of image to top of screen (320pixels-screen ht minus the top bar of 25 and manilla title bar of 25). Value 135 is for the start point of digit from left of screen

<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_2NDDIGIT_POS" id="4" value="145, 60" />
Value 145 is assuming the width of the digits is 10 pixels

<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_SEPARATOR_POS" id="5" value="155, 60" />
Value 155 is assuming the colon is 10 pixels

<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_3RDDIGIT_POS" id="6" value="165, 60" />
<Property name="IDHMWG_CLOCKBTN_4THDIGIT_POS" id="7" value="175, 60" />

You can play around with the values as shown above to make the digits fit in. Or you can check my xml explaination thread to know more (link is in first post here)

Last edited:

JCKOTZE

Jun 19, 2008
Sorry forgot digits

Here they are ,thanks for the fast reply

Attachments

• ChronoOrange.zip
    139.9 KB · Views: 47

schnitzelbrain

Nov 19, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Well, it is a nice theme and as long as you don't use m2dc, it is smooth as silk.

Anyone else have this issue???

Ok used m2dc M2DC_v0.10.130, installed NOVA_by_spacemonkey from zip.
Everything runs perfect, no hungs. even not in messages.
Suprise, suprise also the weather border I mentioned before now works perfect.

What I did, I switched the 2d off in today config and terminated the process.
Maybe this is the clue, dunno.
Also I have already some messages existing before applying the theme.

edit:
Prophet G4 with SPEEDKING 2, Manila 2D+WM6.1 built-20755.1.4.0 on it.

Last edited:

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
This is my latest skin called MobileMatt_Bios, I put this together using bits and pieces of other skins and mine own.

I really love this theme. It installed fine but as soon as I hit the SMS tab it locks up :(

I hope this can be fixed cause I want this to be my new default theme.

joergswa

Jan 31, 2006
www.heroes-cclm.de
Need help with M2DC

Hi@all,

i change the original Digital Clock inside the new R1 Rom from udk, with M2DC to the Analog Clock from the Original "HH_Blue Skin". Actually it works fine but... without enabling the small digital clock i can´t change alarm by tapping the Homscreen. It is not possible to select the clock to go to change the settings Clock and Alarm.

If i enable digital clock in M2DC it is possible to change the clock and alarm settings and i see a small digital clock and additionally the analog clock. But the small digital is on wrong position!! Can someone help to fix this? THX in advance!

EDIT: Fixed by myself. Change the Theme and it works fine! I dont know what was wrong with the other theme.

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen4.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

JCKOTZE

Jun 19, 2008
My Chrono Orange theme so far

The only thing is the digital clock,still tweaking

Attachments

• Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 112

pseudoproto

Apr 23, 2006
Wichita
Clock Face

Could anyone make the attached jpg a clock face. I lack skills in PS or the GIMP.

Thanks.

Attachments

• background52.jpg
    background52.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 68

mchapman007

Nov 23, 2007
Draper
Help Needed!

Can someone post the SMS fix... Maybe what exactly they did with the XML or the Mask to get it working.

I have read several different reasons for this error but I don't have M2DC installed. My latest MobileMatt_Bios has the SMS problem but i can't seem to fix it. Some of my older skins are working!

Thanks for your help....

Ameet

Retired Moderator
Dec 15, 2007
Mumbai
The only thing is the digital clock,still tweaking
I like that clock face. Care to share the colon image? ;)

Hi@all,

i change the original Digital Clock inside the new R1 Rom from udk, with M2DC to the Analog Clock from the Original "HH_Blue Skin". Actually it works fine but... without enabling the small digital clock i can´t change alarm by tapping the Homscreen. It is not possible to select the clock to go to change the settings Clock and Alarm.

If i enable digital clock in M2DC it is possible to change the clock and alarm settings and i see a small digital clock and additionally the analog clock. But the small digital is on wrong position!! Can someone help to fix this? THX in advance!

EDIT: Fixed by myself. Change the Theme and it works fine! I dont know what was wrong with the other theme.
Did you say you can disable the clicking and opening of clock settings? I want to get rid of the option to tap on the clock and open settings. What did you do to remove that feature? :D Tell me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you working on 007 theme:eek:

ya , my 1st so its taking sum time lol, shud be ready in 3 days or so
    Ok, I rebuilt all my skins and clocks to the M2DC theme format. :D

To use, extract the zips and place the .TSK's on the My Documents or Windows folder and the .M2DCT's on the app theme folder.
    Since I installed M2DC_v0.8.111 on my storage card its \Storage Card\Program Files\M2DC\Themes, if you install on the ROM, then its in \Program Files\M2DC\Themes.
    You can change your themes to this format easilly too, just place all the files and xml (if needed) in one zip and rename it to .M2DCT... :)

If you update your theme to a .M2DCT format please PM me with your post link so that I can update the first post.

:confused::confused: i thought M2DC_v0.8.111 takes care off all the files and where they should go. so what is the advantage of the new format when I have to place the files again manual. No critic just dont understand.

Also what is .tsk and .scheme doing ?
    Neon Theme withe transparent tab bar

News Skin : Néon Theme + transparent Manila
    081010084321347602594351.jpg

Install Utopykzebulon M2D Transparent neon skin.cab for skin here

and POLICETF3.cab for the fonts here

For people unless my rom :
    If you want to use this skin your Manila graphic files must be in \windows\ManilaGFX

-> Soft reset after install
    Awsome skin! I am going to download despite my theme issuses

Good, Good work!
    Can someone make a Star Wars theme? With all the geeks in here, I can't believe we don't have one yet. It would great to have one. Thanks.

i concurr..

im a major star wars geek..got the tats to prove it..lol