$3.65 + Registry Hack = TV Out

Search This thread

xternal

Jan 3, 2007
Would be interesting to know if it works with the tv-out cable that came with my old N95 8gb.
I'll give it a go tonight and post back.
I too was dissapointed that it did not come with one in the box, while others have received one, I bet those that did get it also got a MicroSD card...

just tried with a n95 cable, didnt seem to work :( howd you go?

trancer_84

Nov 29, 2008
been having my fuze for a few months now.. and i didn't feel like buying those expensive AV cables.... after reading this post, i just plugged in my Zune's tv out cables, used the cab, and it works great! Thanks for the info! :)

now, the question is, why hasn't this feature been streamlined? It seems simple, cheap, and easy.

forcedv

Mar 7, 2006
Is it possible to buy an adaptor that converts Archos (type) cables to Ipod (type) cables.

What I mean is an adaptor to convert one type of 3.5mm jack to the other.

A friend bought one of those Chinese made "Theater Glasses" (eye glasses that display video) and it came with a small converter cable that did just that.

Is that type of adaptor available to buy on it's own?

Alexander-HTC

Jan 13, 2009
I created a switcher program on native c++. Also I noticed that video becomes more sharp if PAL is chosen. This is because of PAL got the higher resolution. So if yours HDTV supports PAL, I recommend to use it.

I updated the program (VideoOutSetup2.CAB). Now it won't turn on if no cable is plugged. If you run the program the second time, it will ask what do you want to do. Press OK to turn off the TV out. Press cancel to preserve TV out.

I also did a nice custom icon.

VideoOutSetup2TAG.gif

Scan with Microsoft Tagreader

Attachments

• VideoOutSetup.CAB
    31.3 KB · Views: 62
  • VideoOutSetup2.CAB
    32.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

babydown

Jan 18, 2009
Was it adapter which everyone in topic used ? Thanks (sorry for my poor english)
audiocable.jpg

laft2k

Nov 7, 2005
Great CAB. Only weird thing is that whenever I run the TV out, it automatically runs the voice dialler. Weird!

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
work...!!!

It worked for me pretty well.

Is it a way to associate a button or application to quickly udate the registry with a single click?

bg_digital

Mar 17, 2009
whenever I use qTV video mode with core player it shows a very good video quality but has blinking blue line all over every second or so.
Any help?

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Well just purchased my cable so we'll see how this goes. I'm ancy to get this working. I constantly burn DVD's to watch tv shows I cant be bothered to watch when they air (too busy etc) so if I can just transfer them to my phone and watch them on the tv that would be great!

I've been looking at getting a media player that will hook up to my tv but this would be a nice little short cut for me!

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
So got my cable today... I had issues getting the video to go to the tv. I dont think its the issue with the cable though but rather the phone or the actual adapter. I have to wiggle the adapter in order to get the image to appear, and if the cable wiggles again the image disapears and I have to go back into the video out settings and put it BACK to tv out.

Kind of a pain in the butt.

That said. I played videos with core player and seemed to work fairly well. My only issue was it was JUST a bit choppy. I changed the settings to it was direct draw smooth zoom was set to "on" has anyone else had the issues of it being choppy, if so were you able to correct it and how? Or even the issues I discussed with the cable wiggle issue?

Thanks

komani86

Oct 21, 2008
You guys are connecting a CELLULAR phone to a TV.
Be happy it shows stuff and redirects audio through it xD

It doesnt work with the N95(N96) ryw cable, nor with the BY cable of canon. ima try and dig up my oldskool sony camcorder cable soon, should work with that, by the looks of the posts.