can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Search This thread

Soul_Est

Dec 17, 2007
I didn't realise that, I've been selecting it each time I use my controller. I only use it to play modern combat upto now. Tried playing gta vice City but the button configuration isn't that good.
Ah. Good point. I usually use mine for emulators (Mupen64Plus AE, GBAoid, GENSoid, and SNESoid) with custom button profiles in each emulator.

Doyle

Jul 7, 2008
I'm a bit confused. Do you need a Cable to pair the PS 3 Controller to a android unit ? Or does it work "out of the box" with the sixaxis app + root ?

Soul_Est

Dec 17, 2007
I'm a bit confused. Do you need a Cable to pair the PS 3 Controller to a android unit ? Or does it work "out of the box" with the sixaxis app + root ?
You do need a USB -> Mini-USB cable to pair the PS3 controller to the SGN 10.1. I use such a cable to connect the controller to my computer. I then execute this command in the terminal in Arch Linux:
Code:
sixpair <mac address shown by SixAxis Controller>

There is also the pairing application for Windows.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have one but there are cheap ones on ebay for around £10, would i just need this adapter for it to work:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-OTG-G...s=63&clkid=4413612001375734009&_qi=RTM1089356

I currently don't have a usb adapter so would need to buy that too, not sure if them cheap ones are ok though?

I use a wireless ps3 contoller and the sixaxis app but you need to be rooted i believe.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Odp: can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Yes, you have.
    You can use siaxis app without root but only with usb cable
    Red Samurai by Gamestop.

884486b.jpg

Just picked this up from GS today. Works like a charm. Have it paired to My Note 10.1, Note 2, & Nexus 7. Works perfectly with all three.
    Tested working on ShadowGun/DeadZone, Dead Trigger, Shine Runner Beach Buggy, RipTide, and sort of on Samurai Vengeance(roll/evade doesn't map)
    Does not work on Bat Man TDK, or NFSMW
    I use the ps3 controller works great.. Just have to make a custom profile and it will work with every game

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    This. You need the OTG adapter + MiniUSB cable to pair it though (but once paired you dont need the adapter, it'll remember the pairing) I dont do a lot of gaming but when using it, it's been quick and responsive. (it does require root - and remember to change the input method after its paired and change back when your done or the onscreen KB wont show up)

You don't have to change the input method. You just have to select "Enable Gamepad" under Preferences -> Gamepad Settings. The gamepad buttons will work as long as the checkbox for "Sixaxis Controller" under "Language and input" in "System Settings" is checked. Pressing the start button will act as the home button even if you have the Samsung Keyboard set as the main IME.

Written on my Galaxy Note 10.1