[APP][4.0+] World Factbook 1.0.131216.32

Search This thread

GeorgijSapkin

Nov 20, 2010
b5L2

World Factbook

m1xK

I've been working on this small app in my spare time. It's called World Factbook and, predictably, is based on data extracted from CIA World Factbook :)
World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.

Data sources:
The World Factbook 2013-14. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency, 2013.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html

App has both phone and tablet UIs, does not require any special permissions and is completely offline. However, it requires about 15 megabytes of additional space for a database to be unpacked from internal assets. Which is done on the first run, hence a loading message.

Want to test latest features and help develop this app? Join the beta program and receive latest beta builds. Join the beta

Or just fetch the latest public build from Play Store:

Please report which device you tested the app on an whether it had any issues.

App has been tested on following devices:
  • Nexus 4, Stock 4.4.2
  • Nexus 5, Stock 4.4.1
  • Nexus 7 2013, Stock 4.4.4
  • Nexus 10, Stock 4.4.2
  • Asus TF300T, Stock 4.2
  • Galaxy Note 3, Stock 4.3

Last edited:

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Waiting to get my request approved, have a noye 3 to test with Android 4.3

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Tested it, looks great so far, no issues of any kind :)

GeorgijSapkin

Nov 20, 2010
New version 1.0.131210.24 has been published to store.

- Feedback can now be sent from main menu (still testing)
- Fixed date not fitting in ranks on phones in portrait orientation

GeorgijSapkin

Nov 20, 2010
New version 1.0.131215.25 has been published to store. UI has been simplified and responsiveness has been improved. Also, feedback menu item was not working properly and has been removed.

GeorgijSapkin

Nov 20, 2010
New version in Play Store

App has now been published to Play Store and is available to everybody. Members of the beta community will continue to receive Beta builds with new features when they become available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b5L2

World Factbook

m1xK

I've been working on this small app in my spare time. It's called World Factbook and, predictably, is based on data extracted from CIA World Factbook :)
    World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.

Data sources:
    The World Factbook 2013-14. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency, 2013.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html

App has both phone and tablet UIs, does not require any special permissions and is completely offline. However, it requires about 15 megabytes of additional space for a database to be unpacked from internal assets. Which is done on the first run, hence a loading message.

Want to test latest features and help develop this app? Join the beta program and receive latest beta builds. Join the beta

Or just fetch the latest public build from Play Store:

Please report which device you tested the app on an whether it had any issues.

App has been tested on following devices:
    • Nexus 4, Stock 4.4.2
    • Nexus 5, Stock 4.4.1
    • Nexus 7 2013, Stock 4.4.4
    • Nexus 10, Stock 4.4.2
    • Asus TF300T, Stock 4.2
    • Galaxy Note 3, Stock 4.3