S-off discussion

Search This thread

Maxi1984

Apr 5, 2011
Sorry for this (for most of you) stupid question but i really want to know what exactly s-off means.

After i first thouht it means just an unlocked bootloader i realized that it must be something different. I found out that it should be a special part of the rom on a phone which is extra protected and i think i remember from other devices that it is the part where bootlogos etc. are.

But before i never read anything about easier flashing or or easier use of all model version.

So please don't be angry with me, i know you find a lot about s-off on google. But everything i read about was too much theory for me. So it would be great if someone could tell me a little bit about in a simple way!

tanner4137

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
All it is is security off. It makes it where there is no need for fastboot and boot.IMG everything will be able to be done from the phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

mohamed_moscow

Sep 1, 2008
Hi everyone, please tell me am i right about the fact that if the phone is s-off, so i can change the CID to superuser (11111111) and flash stock rom from vivid or velocity?

pod0087

Jun 6, 2011
Not necessarily, but it will work for all devices (vivid, holiday, velocity) with no porting and wou will be able to flash everything right from your phone, no computer needed. :D

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

How will ROMs work for all devices if the radios are different in different devices? Wouldn't you want to keep S-ON and keep your radio, but install the rest of the ROM in a custom ROM?

citsong

Feb 11, 2012
anyone having problems running control bear and it saying the device isn't rooted? I can't see why, I got root

Top Liked Posts