[MOD][How to] CWM On Every Boot w/GPS Working

Search This thread

shamsud

Jan 20, 2008
mumbai
It does work on ics just flash init.d (see post 17)
after flashing create init.d folder in system/etc and follow the above steps

Reactions: socialx

socialx

Apr 15, 2012
It does work on ics just flash init.d (see post 17)
after flashing create init.d folder in system/etc and follow the above steps

let me try again.

I tried . It now does boot the recovery everytime I reboot the phone but the GPS is still missing and there is system updates everytime I reboot the phone. I think there are somethings wrong of the setting but I won't deal with it until the next update. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

shamsud

Jan 20, 2008
mumbai
let me try again.

I tried . It now does boot the recovery everytime I reboot the phone but the GPS is still missing and there is system updates everytime I reboot the phone. I think there are somethings wrong of the setting but I won't deal with it until the next update. Thank you very much.

will check gps later but no system update problem here

darchrnep

Mar 23, 2008
i am having the same problem
whereby i am sure i flash the init.d script...
but i am getting an error
cp: can't create '/system/etc/init.d/99cwr : no such file in directory

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

i am having the same problem
whereby i am sure i flash the init.d script...
but i am getting an error
cp: can't create '/system/etc/init.d/99cwr : no such file in directory

found the problem...
sorry for time wasting:angel:

sharingan92

Jun 2, 2012
Invercargill
tried to flash zip but got E: cant open /sdcard/download/pb-2dot0_final_fixed (1).zip
(bad)
installation aborted

any ideas?? i have init.d and rooted stock rom

sharingan92

Jun 2, 2012
Invercargill
all working fine now thank you but figured out powering off from recovery will cause it not to boot into recovery wen device is turned on again

A

Ashwasash

Installed busy box v 1.19 . Where to type d commands ? I don't see anything called emulator here!

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

A

Ashwasash

Ok sorry for d qsn . got it now.:)

Last edited:

41rw4lk

Working Method for ICS (4.0.4) Leak?

I tried to set this up on the ICS leak. The procedure works, but the settings won't stick. I assume it's init.d related. Any advice or suggestions? The init.d support zip previously mentioned is a no go, most likely incompatible with ICS?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
It should be as simple as enabling init.d support, or at least that's what I would think

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
It should be as simple as enabling init.d support, or at least that's what I would think

I guess it's not so simple...
- first tried it straight off the shelf, step by step in the OP (except I installed the newest version of busybox 1.20.xx) - no go.
- enabled init.d by installing M.O. (which did not work), but it installed init.d folder with permissions, then again, no go.
(removed all of the 00optimize and .ko modules it installs, but left the init.d folder)
- installed the moto init.d support zip from tekahuna with the install-recovery shell script - nope.
- retried with busybox 1.19...
nothing sticks...

The folks with RAZR's have a new method to boot into recovery (as seen here). I PM'd the developer to see if it might work on the A2, but not likely - but it may be a start for us. Apparently, the original J.Y.Daddy Razr Bootstrap is now useless with ICS...

Last edited:

lukensteinz

Aug 29, 2011
www.garagearcades.co.nz
I guess it's not so simple...
- first tried it straight off the shelf, step by step in the OP (except I installed the newest version of busybox 1.20.xx) - no go.
- enabled init.d by installing M.O. (which did not work), but it installed init.d folder with permissions, then again, no go.
(removed all of the 00optimize and .ko modules it installs, but left the init.d folder)
- installed the moto init.d support zip from tekahuna with the install-recovery shell script - nope.
- retried with busybox 1.19...
nothing sticks...

The folks with RAZR's have a new method to boot into recovery (as seen here). I PM'd the developer to see if it might work on the A2, but not likely - but it may be a start for us. Apparently, the original J.Y.Daddy Razr Bootstrap is now useless with ICS...

I'm going to see if I can redo the package for us. I had the defy boot menu working on my phone earlier, except it drew a garabaged screen.
I also know some scripts need tweaking and a few non working things removed.
Will try tonight when I get home

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cogeary
A

Ashwasash

I followed all d steps here and was able to get d cwm working on ma phone. But when I boot it , it goes the normal way. I don't get into cwm. Sorry if that's noob but do I have to press like the volume keys or something to get to d cwm ?

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
I followed all d steps here and was able to get d cwm working on ma phone. But when I boot it , it goes the normal way. I don't get into cwm. Sorry if that's noob but do I have to press like the volume keys or something to get to d cwm ?

Nope. It's not sticking on every boot.
We'll get something working soon though... to put it optimistically..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM ON EVERY BOOT WITH GPS WORKING

What Is This??

This is a mod to achieve ClockWorkMod Recovery on Every reboot/boot with a fully functioning GPS. So far this is the only method to have CWM On boot without breaking GPS.This methos uses IBMc PowerBoost 2.0.

Things you will need:

1. Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer (download on market)
    2. Download PB-2dot0_final.zip and place on sdcard
    3. Terminal Emulator (download on market)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step 1. Reboot into CWM using Atrix Bootstrapper and

Step 2. flash PB-2dot0_final.zip and reboot

Step 3.
    Once rom loads up , uninstall AtrixBootstrapper or set permissions in SuperUser for it to "denied" (i would uninstall AtrixBootstrapper after quickly setting to deny,you wont need it)

Step 4. Download Jrummy16's Busybox Installer from market,open it,and click install. You want to install latest 1.19 Busybox over 1.17 that you probably have. looks like this:
    1z56ut4.png

Step 5. Open Terminal emulator and type the following one line at a time,hitting ENTER after each line is typed:

su

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

chmod 755 /system/xbin/powerboost

powerboost

now you should see this:
    3502m8x.jpg

Step 6. It will ask you if you want it to install Jrummy16's BusyBox Installer,just type N for "No" and hit enter as we already installed this.

Step 7. Now it will Prompt you to select a number. type in 5. "CWR On Every Boot"
    2jd5fl2.png

Step 8. After "Installation Complete" only takes about 2 seconds, you will type 8 for a Reboot,and type Y for yes.
    2n7eh0.png

Step 8. Enjoy!

If you like my work,hit the thanks button,if not,hit the back button : P

If you plan on using this in your projects all i ask is for you to simply credit me in your OP.

CREDITS: BMc08GT (creator of the PowerBoost Script)
    I typed it just as it is, and even done it in adb shell with copy and paste, but it would never create the init.d folder or the 99cwr script. So I opened root explorer to see what was going on. The system was mounted as rw, but it just wouldn't create it. So I made the init.d folder myself and ran powerboost again and it created the 99cwr script, but still, normal bootup. I guess it needs to be called during boot or whatever, but idk where to set that. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks

It's because the stock ROM doesn't have init.d support. Flash this then try again.
    Im looking into it today.one thing at a time.only thing ive done so far is deodexed.

62e1046f-e3bf-59da.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong I keep getting powerboost access denied. I'm using stock 2.3.6 rooted

I have never used powerboost but based on your screenshot, You are missing spaces between objects in your commands.

The first is:
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

The second, as mlcraig58 already pointed out, is:
    chmod 755 /system/xbin/powerboost
    yea but if i install a rom and it frezes on there logo, there is no BMM for me more :/ dont know why, i have only the fastboot.
    on fastboot there are 4 steps:
    Reboot > Don't elp on soft brick.
    Recovery > an open droid with a red triagle
    APfastboot > need PC > what is really annoying if im testing every rom and fails often.
    and something like BT Tools or so, cant remember. > don't know what that is (maybe someone explain?)

You shouldn't be losing BMM while flashing because it will reinstall itself. Which roms are you trying to flash?

Brought to you by time and relative dimensions in space.