[REF][GUIDE] For newbies STOP OVER. ALL IN ONE X10MINI PRO GUIDE.[UPDATE 4/26/15]

Search This thread

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
I decided to make a thread for those who cannot get their X10minipro running custom ROMs and unleashing its full potential because my inbox is almost full :)

Summary:
-Android Dictionary
-Rooting guide
-Installing recovery
-Available ROMs for X10mini pro
-Reference for Custom Rom/Kernels
-Bootloader unlocking
-Custom Kernel installation
-A thread for queries

SO LETS GO!

If you are new to ANDROID world then you might have to give some time reading the ANDROID DICTIONARY.

CREDITS TO nico444164 :) FOR THE INTENSIVE THREAD

FIRST- ROOTING
-Rooting your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android’s software. With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s), install custom themes, increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money (ex: WiFi tethering). Rooting is essentially “hacking” your Android device. In the iPhone world, this would be the equivalent to “Jailbreaking” your phone.

For x10 mini pro there are lots of ways to root this device but I will just be displaying here the simplest way (I GUESS :D )

Here is what you need to do:
-fresh x10 mini pro
-USB cable
-Desktop/Laptop computer
-Super one click app
-Hands and mighty heart

Steps:
1. Download Superoneclick app FROM THIS THREAD (I recommend 1.9.5)
2. Install the app ( there are some cases that the app needs some specific drivers for it to recognize you device)
-Driver are here. CREDITS TO CLShortFuse for the excellent app.
3.Install the app to your computer. And then open it.
NOW IS THE NICE EXPERIENCE :)
4.On your mini pro make sure to put it in debugging mode
-To debug go to settings-->application-->development-->tick USB debugging
5. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable
-MAKE SURE NOT TO MOUNT THE SD CARD
6.After the connection look into the superoneclick app and click "ROOT"
7.The app will run and after it finishes it will ask for testing ROOT ACCESS.
Allow it and if it says successful then WALLLLA! you mini pro is now rooted :) Congrats!

NEXT-RECOVERY
In Android, recovery refers to the dedicated, bootable partition that has the recovery console installed. A combination of key presses (or instructions from a command line) will boot your phone to recovery, where you can find tools to help repair (recover) your installation as well as install official OS updates. Because Android is open and has the recovery source code available, building a customized version with more and different options is relatively easy as well.

Things to do:
-mini pro
-USB cable
-Computer desktop
-xrecovery manual installer
-Root explorer app
-GUTS :D

Steps:
1. Download xrecovery manual installer HERE!
2. Extract the downloaded file on your desktop
3. Connect mini pro to the computer (SD mounted)
4. Copy 3 files on the root of your sd card
5. Disconnect phone
6. Locate the files on your phone using ROOT explorer
-in case you have no root explorer download it HERE!
-using root explorer you can navigate to the system folder of your phone\
7. Copy 3 files to the /system/bin/ folder
8. make sure to hit the correct permission
-correct permission is permission 777
-To change permission just long press on the files and navigate to "permissions"
PERMISSION 777
(all checkboxes should be checked)
9. after doing steps 1 to 8 WALLLLA! you now have xrecovery.
10.To check if you installed xrecovery successfully turn off your mini pro. Note: Turn if on continuously press the back button and you should be booted to the recovery console. Congrats!

for XRECOVERY CREDITS TO zdzihu :D
NOTE:XRECOVERY by the way is the recovery intended for x10 family only.

If you guys DO WANT to install custom ROMs which needs CWM but does not want to unlock the bootloader just to have CWM. You can check this TUT for the nice CWM installation.
(NOTE: There are some ROMs that needs CWM [not xrecovery] to be successfully installed)
[RECOVERY] ClockWorkMod Installer - Windows v5 - Linux v4

CREDITS to rect2409 :) for the TUT and azliazmi :) for the suggestion More pwer guys :D

And also a nice tool here.
[TOOL] [29/07/2012] RecoverX - 1.4.6 - Recovery installer for all xperia devices[/B][/SIZE]

CREDITS to LEDelete :) for this tool.

NEXT- AVAILABLE CUSTOM ROMs/Kernels FOR MINI PRO
custom ROM is a fully standalone version of the OS, including the kernel (which makes everything run), apps, services, etc - everything you need to operate the device, except it's customized by someone in some way.

Here are some available custom ROMs

Android 1.5 (Cupcake)
no available ROMs

Android 1.6 (Donut)
no available ROMs

Android 2.1 (Eclair)
[ROM] 2.1.1.Clean.0.0 v6 by pfonck
[FIRMWARE] Stock 2.1.1.A.0.6 Greek by leajian

Android 2.2 (Froyo)
no available ROMs (not sure but some devs have some problems with Radio)

Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread)
[ROM][NIGHTLY][X10mini] MiniCM7 by nobodyAtall
[ROM] Semc Debrand Engine | 3.0_Beta3 | FreeXperia Project | 6.0.B.0.743 | *Released*byAchotjan
[ROM][10/06/12](CM7.2) FireDroid 2.3 for X10 Mini Pro [nAa-11](Fully bugfree!)byatis112
[ROM]GingerDX pro v21b by Eyama
[ROM]PrimeHD v3 (final) by farazfaraz
[ROM] Flame.GDX ICS (2.3.7 nightly) by Eyama
[ROM]XMP V13 17/05/2012 CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 byTheMiltos21
[ROM] Xperian Blaze V2 Music Edition - Xperia S Style {New} Stock Kernel Only!! by BlazeXperia
[ROM] ArcMini NxT6 [For nAa Kernel] [Tested & Fully Working]byPranav110089
[ROM] MiniCM7-2.2.1 [10/6/12]Gingerbread 2.3.7/CM7.2 unofficial port for the proby nobodyAtall
[ROM] MiniCM7Pro - V21 FINAL + Lite Versions
bypaul-xxx
[Rom] CM7-Mimmi (2012-08-09)[/B]by dams2011
[ROM][NIGHTLY][X10mini] MiniCM7by nobodyAtall

Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
no available ROMs (intended for android tabs)

Android 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich)
[ROM][ICS-4.0.4] AOKP (KangXperiaProject) | Build-40 | 05/07/12 | Releasedby stelios97
[ROM] MiniCM9-3.0.3 [5/7/12]ICS 4.0.4/CM9 port for the Χ10 mini probynobodyAtall
[X10 Mini Pro][ROM] Old Xperia Project Latest (CyanogenMod9)bypaul-xxx
[ROM] CM9mimmi 1.1.2 [18/6/12]ICS 4.0.4-CM9testbydams2011
[ROM] ArcMini ICS-4 [Released] [5/8/2012] byPranav110089
[ROM][NIGHTLY][X10minipro] MiniCM9[/B][/B]bynobodyAtall

Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
[ROM] MiniCM10-4.0.0 [17/8/12]JB 4.1.1/CM10 port for the Χ10 mini probynobodyAtall

MIUI
[ROM]MIUI v4-2.7.13 for X10 Mini Pro |Released| 14/7/12[/B]byresac
[ROM][WIP/Help Needed][X10 Mini Pro][Gingerbread][MIUI v3][Release 1 TEST]bydeba1994

AVAILABLE Kernels FOR X10 MINI PRO
The term kernel comes from Linux, which is kind of the forerunner of Android. All Android phones come with a kernel installed on them. It is the communication link between hardware and software. One of its most important functions is Battery usage and the kernel dictates the life of your phone battery.

Android 2.1.x
[Kernel] Standard U20 kernels + libril files + Dual Touch modules bypfonck

Android 2.3.x
[KERNEL] SimpleKernel - 1.4 Final by paul-xxx
[KERNEL] ZombiePanic v1.63 for all ROM's > Eclair by slade87
[kernel]Fa kernel 01a FIX for MiniCM7 by farazfaraz
[KERNEL] nAa-13 [1/7/12] Custom Gingerbread kernel + CWM Recovery by nobodyAtall

Android 4.0.x
[KERNEL] nAa-14 [23/8/12] Custom Gingerbread kernel + CWM Recovery bynobodyAtall

Android 4.1.1
[KERNEL] nAa-jb-01 [17/8/12] Custom JB kernel + CWM RecoverybynobodyAtall

INFO:
-For custom ROM installation it actually depends upon the ROM that you want. Every thread for each specific custom ROM has its own guides. MY CONTRIBUTION FOR THIS is IF AND IF IN CASE that you have problems installing such custom ROM please feel free to post questions here.

P.S. Do not PM me anymore. Im retired of giving PM support. :D

CUSTOM KERNEL BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING
I actually made a guide for unlocking the bootloader but now we the minipro people are so lucky to have devs who are really great and made things easier for us.
Way back from the ages one member actually said:
Tnx for tut but im still waiting for "one big button" tool :D
And now it already came,
Here is the great tool for unlocking your bootloader.
Reference thread
SE Tweaker Tool v4.0 [16/2/12] Unlock Bootloader+Kernel Guide X10 minipro|X10 mini X8

CREDITS TO faiyyaz :) for the great tool.

NEXT- CUSTOM KERNEL INSTALLATION
WARNING: Install custom kernel only if the boot-loader is already unlocked. Do not install if the boot-loader is not unlocked.
  • it will cook you dinner

Some users actually asked why do they have to have a custom kernel. Custom kernel is just like a gate to a greener place. Basic features of have custom kernel are (e.g. Undervolting UV) If you have custom kernel you are actually freeing your device from its cage.

Here's the list to have:
-Computer
-USB cable
-X10 mini pro
-Kernel file (.ftf file)(this file is available to the threads of the kernels that you want.
-xperia flash tool
-Hands and HEART!

Steps:
1. Download the files that are needed ( e.g flashtool and .ftf file)
-You can get the flashtool from HERE! (the tool is capable of many things like flashing kernels and firmwares) CREDITS TO[/B] Bin4ry and Androxyde for the nice tools
-I highly recommend the latest version of the flashtool. Or if you wanted to be sure what flashtool you need to use just use the flashtool which was tested to be working on mini pro. GET IT HERE!
NOTE: You need to install first the flashtool 0.8.0.0 package before installing the latest version.
-With regards to the .ftf file (kernel) you can get it from the thread of some available kernels for mini pro ( in my case I use nAa's work) :)
2.Install the downloaded flashtool to your computer
3.After the installation the flashtool will automatically create a directory
-c:/flashtool/firmwares and c:/flashtool/drivers
4.You need to go to c:/flashtool/drivers and double click there ggsetup-2.2.0.10.exe (those are drivers for the flashtool)
5.After installing drivers you need to put the kernel (.ftf file) to c:/flashtool/firmwares. The reason for this is for the flashtool to automatically detect the file during the flashing.
6. Open the flashtool program and you should see this.
flashtool.png
7.Click the lightning sign (flash) and then you should see this.
untitled.PNG
8.Choose the file that you put to the c:/flashtool/firmwares directory [it should have (U20i) on the first part]
9.Click OK
10.Now leave the program and start connecting the USB cable FIRST on your computer then next HOLD the back button of your mini pro (NOTE: HOLD IT TIGHTLY) and then connect the USB cable to your mini pro.
11.The flashtool will automatically detect the mini pro YES IT WILL because of the drivers you installed a while ago.
12.You need to make sure that you keep an eye of the flashtool
13.After the flashing, disconnect your phone and turn it on.
14.I KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL FROM THIS MOMENT. NERVOUS ! hahaha!
15.Mate that is fine, the booting process will take long because I think the system is remaking its cache.
16. After doing all the steps WALLLLA! you just installed a custom kernel! CONGRATS!
17.To check if you successfully installed the kernel go to settings-->about phone and see there your kernel version.

TO BE CONTINUED..

Last edited:

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
UPDATES!

[6/3/12] Just updated the list of ROMs and Kernel :)
[6/9/12] Added android dictionary made by nico444164 :)
[6/12/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[6/14/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[6/20/12] Added Link for CWM inistallation and updated ROM list :)
[6/24/12] Just updated kernel list :)
[7/01/12] Just updated ROM and kernel list :)
[7/4/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[7/5/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[7/6/12] Just updated ROM and kernel list :)
[7/9/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[7/14/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[7/15/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[7/21/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[8/19/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[8/23/12] Just updated Kernel list and added other TUT's :)
[8/27/12] Just updated ROM list :)
[4/26/15] Just updated thread :)

Last edited:

SmG67

May 2, 2012
ALL these are working on XPERIA X10 MINI too?(NOT "x10 PRO")

No, the steps to take to root, install recovery, flash and so on are the same for both devices, but the kernels and roms listed are ONLY for the x10MiniPRO.

For the X10 you can look in the x10-Mini development section.
Only 3 custom kernels to choose from (Fa Kernel, nAa-kernel for Gingerbread and nAa-kernel for ICS)
All Gingerbread-Roms for the X10Mini require a custom kernel (Either Fa-kernel or nAa-GB kernel)
The AOKP and MIUI4 ports for the X10Mini are ICS based but run on the nAa-GB Kernel
MiniCM9 which is ICS-based only runs on the nAa-ICS kernel.

So, apart from choosing the roms and kernels for the x10mini yourself, you can follow all other steps in this tutorial.

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
hi there if a newbies that doesnt want to unlocked bootloader and want to taste GB custom rom but required CWM recovery, i think this is helpful

You do not have to worry mate because after installing any custom ROM,CWM will then be present.. xrecovery is just the first step in installing custom ROM. But thanks for the info. I will include this :)

More Power XDA :D

Reactions: azliazmi

SmG67

May 2, 2012
You do not have to worry mate because after installing any custom ROM,CWM will then be present.. xrecovery is just the first step in installing custom ROM. But thanks for the info. I will include this :)

More Power XDA :D

I think CWM is included in the kernels, not in the ROMS, you will still need Xrecovery or CWM to install a custom rom in the first place :)

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
I think CWM is included in the kernels, not in the ROMS, you will still need Xrecovery or CWM to install a custom rom in the first place :)

Thats what you thought. heheeh.. :D

on the earlier age of x10 MP cwm is present just by installing custom ROM even without custom kernel :)

before we were able to use CWM without any custom kernel.

Top Liked Posts