Working Google Wallet for Sprint GNote 2!

Search This thread

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Did it to school an extra fair to my phone worked good
Well that didn't make sense.
*edit*
Did this to add another feature to my phone and it worked well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Last edited:

thorkon

Dec 23, 2008
Just tested it at cvs where I used to use wallet on my other phone and it asked me to ask cashier if it went through our try tapping again. Did it twice with no luck and had to use cash:(

EDIT: just worked at BK. So it's not perfect but it is working to some extent, which is better than nothing!

Last edited:

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks, I was going from the steps in quote but when I followed the video it worked and installed :D (still have to try it in store tomorrow). Thanks again :D. I know when I did it with my EvoLTE and the walgreens machine didnt work I looked like a fool at the register slapping my phone against the paypass. I went across the street and it worked at CVS and I looked like a goddam wizard ha

Yeah Walgreens doesn't work. Just because the pos terminal has the hardware doesn't mean the stores software uses it. Worse than that, usually you can tell when not to bother trying nfc because the light isn't lit on the nfc part, but at Walgreens one of the leds IS lit. There's some other store that even makes the phone chime but then it just says "contactless transaction denied" or similar.

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Youtube video

I was following all the way up until it was time to copy the build prop. Now I keep getting this error message stating that "unfortunately nfc services has stopped" and it keeps freezing my phone! :(

Just saw the post about rebooting the phone. I will try that!

Last edited:

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
:angel:Ive done everything successfully according to the youtube video but after changing the build props as he directed on the video, my phone kept booting over and over again. I had to go back into twrp to restore my backup. Can someone tell me what I did wrong please?

Ok...Ive successfully reinstalled everything and no boot looping! Yay me! Is there an icon that should be up there to let me know its active or do I just go to the store and try it?

OK. I did use my phone at Walgreens and it allowed me to tap it but when it say tap again to confirm, nothing happened. I still had to use the pad to complete the transaction and I received a paper receipt....

Last edited:

bojackr1

Oct 19, 2010
Brooklyn
:angel:Ive done everything successfully according to the youtube video but after changing the build props as he directed on the video, my phone kept booting over and over again. I had to go back into twrp to restore my backup. Can someone tell me what I did wrong please?

Ok...Ive successfully reinstalled everything and no boot looping! Yay me! Is there an icon that should be up there to let me know its active or do I just go to the store and try it?

OK. I did use my phone at Walgreens and it allowed me to tap it but when it say tap again to confirm, nothing happened. I still had to use the pad to complete the transaction and I received a paper receipt....

Sometimes you have to select the credit option or tell the cashier that you're using a credit card so that you won't have to go through the BS. You should always receive a paper receipt and a electronic receipt from the Wallet App.

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
For anyone who has this totally working, have you tried using app from play store? Did it break the hack?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
For anyone who has this totally working, have you tried using app from play store? Did it break the hack?

What do you mean? You don't use the google wallet nfc app in the play store. You just use google checkout the same as always like all the phones before nfc existed. My google wallet and play store both work, but the two don't have anything to do with each other.

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
What do you mean? You don't use the google wallet nfc app in the play store. You just use google checkout the same as always like all the phones before nfc existed. My google wallet and play store both work, but the two don't have anything to do with each other.

I meant did anyone upgrade the wallet app to the version from the play store.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
I meant did anyone upgrade the wallet app to the version from the play store.

You are specifically not supposed to do that. The original guide and LuCkyCn's post say you're supposed to install wallet from market briefly but then you're supposed to manually delete the market installed .apk and manually copy the patched r87 apk in /system, without uninstalling wallet in app manager, and that's the way you leave it. Running the patched wallet apk from /system until further notice.

albe070

Sep 23, 2010
just got my note2 and was trying to get this to work, but when ifollow the steps and it tells me to open google wallet after i put the hacked app, the first promp I get is that the version I have is no longer supported and to update from market. any way to get by this?

EDIT:well i was able to get it passed that first error, I went ahead and did all the changes to the build.prop and when i open the app that i downloaded from the market as the instructions state i get another error saying something along the lines that the device is not supported or not available for my carrier.

Last edited:

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012
Thought it was odd... worked before but now it won't even open with galaxy nexus props... same error as post above

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Sesrch the forum, wallet was just recently updated. So these directions are for r87, tbut there is a new r96 out and it's already been patched. Do the same steps in the same order but use the new r96 apk instead of the r87.

What's happening to you is you're installing r87 and android immediately sees that r96 is available in the market and wants to upgrade to it automatically.

I'll find the other posts and post links here.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/dow...roid.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13.apk

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2126033

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I just flashed the MA5 leak last night and now Google Wallet from the Play Store works WITHOUT any hacks, changing of build props or anything special done to it.

Reactions: kingdazy

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
I just flashed the MA5 leak last night and now Google Wallet from the Play Store works WITHOUT any hacks, changing of build props or anything special done to it.

Can I please get a link to this MA5 that u are using caus there is so many of them.
Thanks in Advance

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia

I had ignored the wallet app, since installing it, didn't work, didn't want to jump through build.prop hoops to get it, whatever.
THANK YOU for you post, would have never realized it works now.
still can't find it in the play store, but since I already had it installed, started it up, configured, going to find a way to test it today, will come back with info if I can find a retailer that uses it.

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I had ignored the wallet app, since installing it, didn't work, didn't want to jump through build.prop hoops to get it, whatever.
THANK YOU for you post, would have never realized it works now.
still can't find it in the play store, but since I already had it installed, started it up, configured, going to find a way to test it today, will come back with info if I can find a retailer that uses it.

I was the same as you I did not want to jump through all the hoops just to get Google Wallet working.

I just used it at McDonalds and went off without a hitch.

Reactions: kingdazy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    another workaround that i cant get to work properly. the last one came a the cost of my s-pen, which was a no go. i fear by the time we find a cut a dry work around google will have released the official update.

Mine works perfectly. My Spen works just fine too.

Here are the build props: that you'll need to change

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

After changing the build props, reboot.
    1 Use Root explorer or Es file explorer
    Go to system/app/delete com.google.wallet
    2 Open Market and download the legit Google wallet
    Complete any task asked (It should work)

6) Once you are prompted with a list of accounts to re-setup Wallet close the app

7) Delete the Wallet apk from data/app (DO NOT uninstall Wallet, JUST delete the apk) and put the modaco patched r87 into system/app and set permissions (notice the legit was in data but the new one goes in system)

8) Reboot device

9) Run Wallet and this time it should let you set everything up, even though you are now using r87 which previously crashed

10) Once Wallet is working and your cards are registered reboot and make sure it still works

11) If Wallet is now r87 and it still works after the reboot put your build.prop back the way you found it and enjoy!

I did restore my build prop and everything is working :D took me 2 hours to figure out though...

Thanks to WarlockLord and tpmwr and the OP for the finding.
    For all who haven't seen this guide, this is working perfectly on my Sprint Galaxy Note II.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127
    Can you detail your method so I can try to replicate? Thanks.

Sure, all I did was install Wallet from market.

DO NOT open it, afterwards I installed Xposed via Easy Installer and then I installed the update and reboot device. (It might give some error but ignore it, as it didn't affect me I still gave superuser permissions and reboot.)

After reboot, I installed the Xposed wallet patcher via easy installer and then I went into Xposed framework and enabled the wallet patcher module, reboot device again. (Again it may give error but still just give superuser permission if it asks and reboot.)

Afterwards I fired up Wallet, go through the usual setup and I was on 3g instead of my home wifi if this matters. It took a while to verify on wallet can't remember how long and it was successful and I was able to add my debit card that I already had setup on Google Wallet.

As I said, I am on AOKP rom, I plan on trying this again on touchwiz base MC2 rom or either Whompasaurus I have backed up in recovery to see if I can get it to work.

Good luck, hope this helps and you get it to successfully work for you. :)
    Finally just now worked for me.

Stock rooted ma7 with a lot of sprint and samsung junk removed. Mc2 modem and firmware. Garwyn 0.3.0 kernel.

Wallet from market installed at least a week ago.

Xposed and wallet patch. Installed and activated at least a week ago.

I have made no changes since then. No reset of the wallet app. Since around a week or more ago the only thing I have done is open Wallet and try to do the final setup step. It didn't reset by itself or reinstall or say anything unusual when I opened it today. The final setup step just took a little extra long and worked.

I was on WI-FI.

My device has shown up as nexus on the web site in the past but shows up as sph l900 ever since the last time I restored build.prop. A week or so ago when I updated Wallet I deleted all devices from the web site (it was showing 4 or 5 devices active because of my ltevo + gn2 and loading different roms and different build.prop edits on each device over the last year or so) and now it just shows a single sph l900.

This negates a few theories floating around about what you have to do. It doesn't matter if you're on wi-fi, you just need internet. It doesn't matter if you're on ma7 or mc2. Xposed doesn't break it even if it might no longer be strictly necessary. (Personally I dislike the warning message so as long as it's possible to erase it I will).

As far as resetting wallet, well if it does it on it's own I guess it must have needed it, but it doesn't look like you doing it will change anything.

Clearly from reading the last few weeks of this thread, google has been doing something on their end and updating or repairing accounts individually, and they just get to yours when they get to yours, and all you need to do is just retry that final step however often you feel like. I was down to checking once every few days.

FYI, Google wallet is now working without the work around with the latest MA5 leaked Rom...