Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

scoot0073

Mar 27, 2010
Atl. Ga.
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 7T
ST nows offers CDMA byop.
After talking to them apparently you don't have to have you're CDMA phone Flashed.

I entered my IMEI in the compatible field to see if my Evo LTE was supported and it said yes.
I'm going to try it this coming weekend and see how it works.

sent from my HTC Evo LTE cm10.2

User_Name_

Jul 18, 2013
ST nows offers CDMA byop.
After talking to them apparently you don't have to have you're CDMA phone Flashed.

I entered my IMEI in the compatible field to see if my Evo LTE was supported and it said yes.
I'm going to try it this coming weekend and see how it works.

sent from my HTC Evo LTE cm10.2

When you use the byop cdma it will run on the crappy sprint towers and mms won't work. I would recommend flashing it for better service and you will have working mms.

Mrhunter13

May 7, 2013
Chicago
2 donors ...paid cdma workshop ..free software havent done the job for the sprint s4 or s3...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: srh1622

FallenZen

Apr 23, 2011
Like i said, with the exception of Verizon. Verizon is a CDMA carrier. Their only CDMA phones are Verizon branded, that's it. Their BYOP program only works on GSM phones. Sell or trade your Sprint S3 for a GSM S3 (AT&T or Tmobile) and save yourself a lot of hassle and grief.

This is inaccurate. Straight Talk has also contracted with Sprint for use of their frequencies and towers with applicable devices.

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
This is inaccurate. Straight Talk has also contracted with Sprint for use of their frequencies and towers with applicable devices.

No it is not. Show me a Straight Talk Sprint branded phone (that does not involve the murky world of flashing). Geez, just let this die already. Point still stands. Get an ATT or T-Mo device and save a ton of hassle.

FallenZen

Apr 23, 2011
No it is not. Show me a Straight Talk Sprint branded phone (that does not involve the murky world of flashing). Geez, just let this die already. Point still stands. Get an ATT or T-Mo device and save a ton of hassle.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...available-now-for-439-99-uses-sprint-network/
http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...id-phones-will-use-sprints-network/2011-09-09
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=8806

There is a wealth of information out there that says ST has contracted with Sprint for use of their network on some of their devices. Don't ask me to cite my source and then immediately ask that I "let this die already." You can have one or the other, but not both. That said, I agree with your statement that an ATT device is probably the best option from ST as those devices are likely to get the best possible coverage area. The only two network providers I find reliable are Verizon and ATT.

SGTFulmer

Dec 28, 2013
Anyone that can do this sprint s3 to straighttalk deal, please let me know...........I'd appreciate all the assistance!!!!!
Mod Edit: Snipped cloning discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2010
TY for your confirmation on this issue Mrhunter13 :laugh:

Sprint S3 rooted and running CM11 nightly with TWRP recovery.

i decided to port my number over to Straight Talk. once the transfer/port was complete, tech support from Straight Talk instructed me to dial ##72786# to finish the activation (i guess to update the PRL, network, etc).

BUT since it had a custom ROM, my s3 was unable to update and unable to send/receive anything.

SOLUTION:
via Odin; flashed stock 4.1.2 ROM with stock recovery.
updated PRL and all that other nonsense.
confirmed i can make phone calls and send/receive texts.

i WAS going to flash TWRP back on and restore the backup that i had made.. but failed to save the backup on my sd card....
SOOOOOO... i flashed TWRP, grabbed the latest CM11 nightly (sprint s3 variant), gapps, then rooted...

TA DA! done. working s3 with straight talk :)

TetheredHeather

Mar 11, 2014
Sprint S3 is CDMA. Straight Talk is mostly GSM, AT&T and Tmobile, with the exception of Verizon. Not going to work.

Sell your Sprint S3 (or trade it) for either an AT&T or Tmobile S3 depending on which carrier you want to go with when on Straight Talk (you pick one). Their BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) plan only works with GSM phones, either Tmobile or AT&T (no need to unlock either) or unlocked phones with the correct bands. Just insert a respective SIM card.

Not true, many cities use Verizon, including my own. I'm using a Verizon phone on Straight Talk.

Mrhunter13

May 7, 2013
Chicago
Email me at (Mod Removed) ..I flash to straight talk

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodenbour84

Apr 1, 2014
urbandale, ia
s3 on straight talk

Just a little info for some people that may help you out. I took my stock s3 and activated it under straight talk off their website. i already have an account with them so they gave me and network access code and another code that sent me to screen then restarted itself and rebooted with an activation screen, and just like that it ported my number from straight talk. Only bad part of this is that itll only use sprint towers and wont roam, and i travel so you could days without service. but at my house i can still use 4g and it works fine. dont know if this helped anyone or not, hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Definitely possible

http://bit.ly/PnaTTs
    http://bit.ly/VKzMwM

For people like me, where att service sucks, simply using an att phone isnt the solution. Not only that, att theottles their mvnos - I frequently get acces forbidden errors when trying to use data. Google it.

What you are asking for CAN be done. Straight talk offers service for gsm on att and cdma on verizon. Sonce you are coming from sprint - cdma - you will be using verizon towers. You will need to flash the phone. I am attempting to do this today by following on of the above guides.

I will post back how it goes for me.
    thank u for the kind words

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    List of CDMA providers in the USA Courtesy of your local neighbourhood googler....

[EDIT]There are others as well such as Metro PCS, StraightTalk, Cricket just to name a few...

Judging by how you only joined today and have but this one post, it sounds like you're just trying to promote your own service.
    straight talk web site sells verizon tower phones as a free phone...but i dont need to have one of them i can get you working !!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app