[Kernel][4.1.2]B18c1 from ATT LGOG

Search This thread

jiexi

May 1, 2012
Ran antutu, battery dropped to 1% and restart , would black screen after lg logo afterwards. Short recharge, power up, a little bit more blackscreen, and it booted back up just fine. Just a warning. No oc besides what was done to gpu by default.

Didn't need lgpnt. No brick.

BrockFerens

Jun 17, 2010
Kelowna
My battery is all over my the place, will drop 30% in 5 minutes, than when I plug it in go up 2% at a time, and charge 50% in 10 minutes. Not sure if it is relevant just sharing my experience.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
Ran antutu, battery dropped to 1% and restart , would black screen after lg logo afterwards. Short recharge, power up, a little bit more blackscreen, and it booted back up just fine. Just a warning. No oc besides what was done to gpu by default.

Didn't need lgpnt. No brick.

My battery is all over my the place, will drop 30% in 5 minutes, than when I plug it in go up 2% at a time, and charge 50% in 10 minutes. Not sure if it is relevant just sharing my experience.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

Yep...it does seem that there's something wrong with this kernel w/ regards to the battery readings.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Just note that there's been quite a few updates... Haven't given it a try yet. Thought you would like to know.

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
I'm waiting for the official source from lg for my device. With this I'll merge all the sources n will be able to compile correctly for all the devices. When this is done this should most of the errors you international guys have

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mk_ln and l337krew

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
indeed it does, but there still seems to be an issue with the battery reading; sometimes it'll read near 0 and just shut off and will only start when I attach the phone to a charger and will then report the proper reading (>20%)

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
indeed it does, but there still seems to be an issue with the battery reading; sometimes it'll read near 0 and just shut off and will only start when I attach the phone to a charger and will then report the proper reading (>20%)

This is a strange issue n isn't something I can't debug. One thing I suggest is charge the phone to 100% then wipe battery stats in recovery and let the phone fully discharge. If this doesn't solve the problem then I'm not sure what to do.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto

It does that on all Optimus G, whether stock or custom ROM.

This is a strange issue n isn't something I can't debug. One thing I suggest is charge the phone to 100% then wipe battery stats in recovery and let the phone fully discharge. If this doesn't solve the problem then I'm not sure what to do.

CWM doesn't have Wipe Battery Stats option though :(

jiexi

May 1, 2012
Inaccurate battery stats seems to be an issue on other phones running Jellybean as well. Definitely happened on my epic 4g touch.

Knoxinabox

May 7, 2013
Worked on my E971 Rogers :) The over clock at least from a quick check I just ran.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm waiting for the official source from lg for my device. With this I'll merge all the sources n will be able to compile correctly for all the devices. When this is done this should most of the errors you international guys have

I tried running quadrant. didn't do anything weird. Scared to try antutu now.

Did you get your phone working?

ok, so what happened was while (after?) KDZing, the phone would bootloop while still plugged into computer. After unplugging, the phone wouldn't respond to anything; no boot, recovery, or even factory reset. So I then tried to factory reset while plugged into computer and it did give me the prompt and I went ahead with it...but the factory reset sequence never happened, i.e. no android pic, and the phone would continue to bootloop. I then plugged the phone into an outlet and the power button allowed the phone to boot up, but as soon as I unplugged it, the phone would shutdown again. But upon second boot up, which actually still required the phone to be charging via outlet, it seemed to be fine as I was able to unplug the phone and the phone remained on (battery was about 85% so the sudden shutdown from earlier made no sense). Anyways, I have factory reset the phone and all seems well...for now. *knock on wood*

---------- Post added 28th March 2013 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th March 2013 at 11:48 PM ----------

seems someone else had a similar issue w/ boot up:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39627793&postcount=146
    Sorry figured it out I'm running 4.2.2 ROM is there anyway to run your kernel with the vrb 4.2.2 ROM?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Well,

4.1.2 kernels should not work with 4.2.2. Unless modified for it.

I'll read a bit more in this thread to be sure, but in general, all kernel made for 4.1.2 will give force closed errors on 4.2.2, bootloops and such.