[Q] 15 second ADB installer issue (windows 8.1)

Search This thread

Essiar

Apr 12, 2014
SOLVED

Hello,

I have an issue with quick ADB installer found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 (which has ironically rendered it anything but quick). I'm using a windows 8.1 64-bit system. My phone is an LG G2 (D802), though I don't know if that is relevant to the issue at hand at all.

My issue is that the install seems to fail due to some odd 'truncation' error, as shown in the screenshot I have included: http://i.imgur.com/B614sSd.png. On the left is the installation attempt, on the right, the usage attempt.

Of course, I did try googling the error message and it came up with something about 'setx' and changing registry values. Since I'm fairly ignorant of these sorts of things, can someone recommend what I should be doing? Should I indeed have a go at editing the registry values and will that fix things up?

When I check the path variable in the registry, it is indeed maxed out at 1024 characters with much of what looks like crap. My only issue is that I'm concerned about changing something necessary and being unable to fix it (I don't know how these things generally work). The only program that I'm actually aware I use frequently is the first one, MiKTeX.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\FeliCaLibrary;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\FeliCaLibrary;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sony Shared\FeliCaNFCLibrary;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\FeliCaNFCLibrary;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Improvement\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Startup Setting Tool;C:\P

If I go ahead and delete all the junky VAIO improvement and startup setting stuff will I suffer much? What about this odd FeliCa Library business that seems to take up half of the 1024 character allowance? Or would changing this be completely unrelated to the issue at hand?

EDIT: I figured it out. Indeed the problem was with the overpopulated path. I deleted all the Felica bull and the program installed without a hitch.

Last edited: