sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
New firmware update arriving soon, 8107.12070

The following is a compilation of all known fixes & improvements in 12070:

• Battery drain issue has been fixed
• Lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been addressed
• Auto-white balance issue with the camera has been fixed
• Hardware buttons backlights are now always illuminated at all available screen brightness levels
• Diagnostics app has been updated to prevent users from receiving misleading technical readouts about their device

So why Nokia continued to say there is no battery bug, I do not know, if they claim that there's a new battery drain issue that has been fixed? :confused:

And why do I get the feeling that they've fiddled with the diagnostics to give you the readings you want to see? :D

Reactions: tomstacey

r4ge85

Feb 7, 2011
Nice to see the lack of bass is going to be fixed! Thats my only gripe with my phone.

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague
Discharging is almost about one half smaller..on the network, wifi, flying mode etc

May be I would be able to write it will stand the same as HTC Titan

I send you a picture from a really bad conditions so pls forgive the quaility..

Last edited:

Maszt

Sep 14, 2008
Warsaw
Looks nice! Do you know, when it's going to hit the public?
And does it fix audio problem for real? Because some song sounds really bad...

mikerpalmer

Dec 11, 2006
I downloaded the 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware and compared it to another phone I have running the older firmware. Whitebalance (picture quality) is much better, there is more bass in the music (same volume) and the battery drain seems to be cut in 1/2 at idle (as shown by the diagnostic tool).

Reactions: magic55

danisoufi

Mar 2, 2012
Darmstadt
i squezed 4.5 days (on edge) out of the battery and i use purity monster in-ear earphones and listen to trance, the highs and lows are crystal clear, like Nokia always promisses. i can't complain much about the bass but i'm waiting desperatly to check out the latest firmware. :)

magic55

Jan 10, 2007
I can compare L800 to iP4S and N9. MS should work harder to improve battery life.

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague
Other available product codes for the new firmware 12070
059L975 India Black
059M144 India Cyan
059M145 India Magenta
059N1N1 India White

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OKAY!........ You dont have to be so darn rude. It was confusing on how it was explained. but again thanks.......

I don't think I was rude. I just said you get over it, because you shouldn't need a vid to have prove when I already gave you confirmation. That's it. I thought the smiley made that clear.. Anyway, good luck with the update.

Heathcliff74
    I have a unbranded "Swiss" Lumia. My Operator code is 000-CH. It means OPN swiss.... 000-88 is also a code for open devices. my omnia 7 have that 000-88 code. the 12070 update also have the 000-88 code inside. do you think i can update the next firmware over zune? the 12070 firmware seems to be unbranded, but will it be the same firmware which will be released worldwide for open market phones?´i already flashed my phone with the new firmware, but i don't want to restore my phone after 5 months when the next firmware comes. i'm afraid that my phone cannot be updated over zune anymore. (NOKIA Updates).

The update has 000-88 in the package. But the update does not change that operator code. My device was 000-33 before the update and after the update it is still 000-33. I don't know what operator 000-33 is, but it is also some type of open-market operator code. I got my phone directly from Nokia HQ.

After the 12070, my Nokia finally survives a day of heavy usage (4 push-mail-account-syncs, some calls, internet usage and quite a lot of power-on-time with screen on highest brightness). Going to bed now after a long day with still 10% battery left. Before the update, my phone wouldn't last till dinner on a day like this. :)

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    Hi HeathCliff,

Don't we have to worry about walshing our phones by manually applying this update? Or are language cabs only of importance with OS updates?

Walshing can indeed only happen with OS updates, because they have separate language packs.

Can I flash my branded phone via CAB method? Will it still be branded or unbranded if i can?

Hmmm. Good question. I'm not sure. You can try it. If it doesn't work it will simply get rejected and you will not have the update. No problem. I'm also not sure if this will unbrand your phone, but I think it will in fact unbrand it.

i'm completely new to wp7. how does one go about updating their phone through the cab method? Any tutorials out there?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Can someone who owns the Lumia 800 and is running it with the latest firmware/update tell me when their phone is fully charges, how many hours remaining does the battery saver mode state?

Telecom here have just launched the lumia 800 with the latest 12070 firmware installed, and on 1st day I only got 8 hours use with work email, hotmail, twitter, facebook set to push.

now I have the same setup and infact more apps running in the background on the htc titan and I get solid 2 days.

Users report that discharge is indeed much slower. Apps are not running in the background. They are tombstoned. There are only backgroundtasks for updating live-tiles and syncing mail.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    I want to update via Singapore update 12070. Should I update if my Nokia is OEM factory phone and i live in the USA? Does this update brand the Phone? please send pics or video of startup of Nokia 800. I am just wondering if it brands the Nokia as a Singapore phone?

Dude! Can't you read, or do you just not believe me? I already wrote here twice that the update is not branded. I even pasted details from the update here! I'm not going to make a video for you to prove it! Update it and get over it!

Good luck :p
    Heathcliff74
    So, we are still waiting in EU for Nokia's update but we see that Asias is the first one. cong :)

Ehmmm.. NO! Not waiting! Updating!! Read my post.. Update.. Done!