cm10.1 nightly built

Search This thread

tonyo123

Jan 19, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
10.1 Nightly Issues

Latest 10/6 works well.

Still have a couple of issues that may or may not be related to my configuration:

- had reboot last night and 2-3 reboots on 10/6 today...no recognizable root cause
- for that last 2-3 nightlies have not been able to connect the Note (media) to the PC via USB (removed-reinstalled PC drivers, etc). I get a USB ding up when I connect then I immediately get one down like it disconnects. Can't figure out why. Anyone else?

Frankenbiker

Sep 28, 2012
Might not be the phone. Try a new cable, or a different USB port.

(Mine eats USB cables with alarming regularity.)

-blaine

(Incidentally, 313 hours of uptime on 9/22 + Uber 2.4)

Poriotis

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Latest 10/6 works well.

Still have a couple of issues that may or may not be related to my configuration:

- had reboot last night and 2-3 reboots on 10/6 today...no recognizable root cause
- for that last 2-3 nightlies have not been able to connect the Note (media) to the PC via USB (removed-reinstalled PC drivers, etc). I get a USB ding up when I connect then I immediately get one down like it disconnects. Can't figure out why. Anyone else?
So much for working well ;)
That's one of the major issues with 10.1, stability. Looks like nothing has changed.

Tip: Install a 4.3 ROM. Practically all the 4.3 ROMs I've tried have the bugs I mentioned a few posts back fixed and are more stable.

tonyo123

Jan 19, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So much for working well ;)
That's one of the major issues with 10.1, stability. Looks like nothing has changed.

Tip: Install a 4.3 ROM. Practically all the 4.3 ROMs I've tried have the bugs I mentioned a few posts back fixed and are more stable.

I will do that once I have time to start from scratch...will need to find a day to go to 4.3 ROM as it will take me all that time to reinstall the setup

Poriotis

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
CM 10.1 lives on :)

Nightly 2014-01-12 was released. I tried it out just for ol' time's sake but had some issues with the GPS and reverted to another ROM.

Poriotis

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
After playing with a few of the KitKat ROM's, I finally came back to this version. And you know what? It's been good. This latest nightly release is much more stable than the "stable" 10.1.3 release. I get about every 1-2 days an FR as opposed to 1-2 FR's every day on the stable release. So, if you don't want to deal with the short-comings (camcorder) of KitKat, this is a good every-day-use ROM to have.

BTW, there is a newer nightly version released on 2/16.

Top Liked Posts