Other device and upgrading phone discussion

Search This thread

Dannar

Nov 29, 2011
Re: Off-topic other device and upgrading phone discussion

Still considering this device. Would have pulled the trigger on the return deal, but the line I'm going to use didn't have an upgrade yet. I sorely missed out on that one.

I'm still debating what to get though. N2's bigger battery and 720p screen will probably make for a device that lasts longer than the S4's smaller battery and higher res screen. Who knows hoe it'll turn out when we get our hands on the device, but it stands to reason that the N2 won't be beat in the foreseeable future (read: until the N3).

If another deal comes along, I think I'd spring for the N2. But if it's still 200 plus contract, I may as well go for the S4.

Duely blundered from my thunderdolt.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
note 2 will be here tomorrow....
So your gonna be stuck with me Kenny.......Joe said it's okay...LOL....g

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
its about time you upgraded...

as great as the note 1 is/was, this phone puts the OGnote to shame...you WILL be blown away...
Thanks brother...

Were it not for the good graces of ATT (amazing but true)...I would'nt be here yet...But it seems I'm less than 24 hours away from joining the dark side of the note world...LOL
I've been bouncing around in here, and it seems I know a few folks ...(grin)

I'm excited to dig into the note 2, and see what she can do....g

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
I'm not going to get a different phone for a while. ..I'm having too much fun with my Note 2 right now and see no reason to change.

A higher resolution screen would be nice. .but not really necessary. ..After all if you can already see 720P clarity on it...make the colors better than a retina 2 with the new Perseus kernel. .1080p isn't that big of a deal. breaker ..since it does great out to the big screen.

Now a better camera. ..I'm all for that. .but not enough to change phones right now or any time soon to be honest. Camera's always improve with time any way. .

As been said. .new software will be available for it soon. .new roms, new themes, heck new kernels too. ..all will make this phone still be the best there is still...all while whats new and shiney freshly released will have to be run stock and bloated....lol...lol...lol

Mac

stiffi2011

Oct 10, 2011
Blasphemy

Hello,

I need some help with a decision. I was able to get the Note 2 from ATT without using my upgrade, but for the $299 price. The details are note important, but suffice it to say, I got a good deal.

Now, I am really excited by some of the "potential" features of the upcoming phones. The HTC One, the Nokia EOS (Lumia 1000) and even the Galaxy S4 all have me interested, mostly for the improved camera features.

My plan was to sell the Note 2 now and maximize the profit on the resale. Right now, I could probably almost Double my profit based on what I paid. I only see the value going down as newer models come out. I even went so far as to pick up a Razr HD and honestly, I like it almost as much. The battery is nearly equal to the Note 2 and the build is quite nice. It's even water resistant. The only negatives I see are the camera quality and obviously the size. In truth, though it's nice to have something that actuallly fits in my pocket without looking like I'm carrying a Fraternity pledge book in there all the time.

So, realizing I'm preaching to a bunch of Note enthusiasts. What do you think?

Thanks for the time.

force70

Re: Off-topic other device and upgrading phone discussion

Keep the note 2 and just buy whatever other phone you want?

Also i just bought my note 2 last week,brand new from a private seller and only paid $450. Yours is used so i wouldnt assume you will get a ton of money for it , not worth it to sell IMO.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
I will be buying the S4 and giving the Note 2 to my son who has the S3 right now. we are a couple of tech heads, and love our new devices.

berdo

May 7, 2009
I have a note 2 and I absolutely love it but the inability to use it with just one hand is starting to be a pain. I don't use the spen much anymore so that's of no benefit to me. I am starting to think I may want to downgrade in size to a HTC One. The phone looks beautiful and has all the specs required. Worried that the decrease in screen size might be too much. Has anyone had hands on time with the One or gone from the note 2 to a smaller screen?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

force70

I have a note 2 and I absolutely love it but the inability to use it with just one hand is starting to be a pain. I don't use the spen much anymore so that's of no benefit to me. I am starting to think I may want to downgrade in size to a HTC One. The phone looks beautiful and has all the specs required. Worried that the decrease in screen size might be too much. Has anyone had hands on time with the One or gone from the note 2 to a smaller screen?

I was using my gs3 over the weekend while the ghost armor on my N2 set and the screen felt sooooo tiny.I was glad to get back on my note.I was dead set on getting the s4 as well but I'm afraid the screen is going to be to small now, my note has spoiled me!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Last edited:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
the S4 is 5 inches, the note 2 is what 5.5, the note 1 was 5.3 right?

i do like the bigger screen, and will be getting the note 3 when it is dropped...but for now a .5 inch size reduction in screen is not worth not getting the S4 to me anyway.

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
the S4 is 5 inches, the note 2 is what 5.5, the note 1 was 5.3 right?

i do like the bigger screen, and will be getting the note 3 when it is dropped...but for now a .5 inch size reduction in screen is not worth not getting the S4 to me anyway.

Half inch is a big difference. U can ask my wife. :eek: lol
But when ur taking about a phone display.... half inch is alot!! You'll find out and you'll be back regretting dropping that kind of cash on a device u have no interest in. No pen or pen features. I wouldn't give up my note if someone offered me the only s5 on the planet running key lime pie. But IMO....U WILL BE BACK

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Bajanman

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
But when ur taking about a phone display.... half inch is alot!! You'll find out and you'll be back regretting dropping that kind of cash on a device u have no interest in. No pen or pen features. I wouldn't give up my note if someone offered me the only s5 on the planet running key lime pie. But IMO....U WILL BE BACK

+1 LMAO :good:
No I'll keep my pen and all of its features! S4 Naw not worth it. Unless your stuck with a S3? But as far as using the phone with one hand, not a problem for me at all. Thanks to large hands :laugh::D.
If ya can't touch the home button & the pull down with your thumb from one hand, then the phone is going to be a lil big for ya! :eek:
As a previous poster stated...

Just my 2¢® :cool:

Reactions: softballjunkee13

HAYDENB

Jul 25, 2010
Right now there is no phone to make me switch from my Note 2. I find the 5.5" screen just the right size and the battery life for such a big device is awesome. The only phone i will probably upgrade to is the N3. The Galaxy Mega is just too big at 6.3". I don't think that there is much they need to do to the S3.

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
Right now there is no phone to make me switch from my Note 2. I find the 5.5" screen just the right size and the battery life for such a big device is awesome. The only phone i will probably upgrade to is the N3. The Galaxy Mega is just too big at 6.3". I don't think that there is much they need to do to the S3.

Amen to all that^^^^^^^

Reactions: wase4711

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011

I am not getting rid of my Note2.....lol WTF Nooooooo

i am getting the S4 ontop of keeping my note 2, if i do not like the S4 my son can have it and i will continue with my note 2 until the Note 3 comes out. i LOVE my new devices ( thought short lived, they are fun)

AC2020x

Feb 22, 2013
The S4 doesn't really have any big new features that make it worth upgrading to. There are a few small things.. but most of them aren't really practical, just kinda cool to mess around with a couple times and then done. I'm def sticking with my note 2... Especially since it will get key lime pie!

cardinalryan

May 31, 2012
I'm currently a happy Note 2 owner. The size is a little bit of a drain though and I am thinking about getting the HTC One simply based on the beauty of the hardware. Can anybody offer any thoughts on the HTC One? Considering that I am happy with the Note 2, would the One be a downer?? Any help in making a decision would be appreciated!

berdo

May 7, 2009
I'm currently a happy Note 2 owner. The size is a little bit of a drain though and I am thinking about getting the HTC One simply based on the beauty of the hardware. Can anybody offer any thoughts on the HTC One? Considering that I am happy with the Note 2, would the One be a downer?? Any help in making a decision would be appreciated!

I am in the same boat. I couldn't really find anyone that could give a solid answer. Aaron @phonedog did a 30 day challenge on the HTC One. He is a Note 2 user and said at the end of the challenge that if he had an AT&T model he would have switched from the Note 2. The lack of LTE in the international version was the only thing that kept him from switching. That and the review at BGR set me over the top. I have one on pre-order.

If I don't like it I can always return it and go back to the note 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The sensor is what matters, not the megapixel count.

That is a huge misconception

THIS is 1000% true, dont be misled by stupid megapixel numbers..
    Iphone 5 S/C humor

Sure some of you have seen this but I really got a kick out of it. Some weekend humor. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1407915812759060
    Note 3 Details

This will probably get lost here, but I didn't want to make a thread for just this.

I was at my local Best Buy checking out the Samsung kiosk they just setup; When I was introduced to the regional manager for Samsung, who was there teaching the Best Buy people that were manning the kiosk selling point details.

He tried REALLY hard on me to get me to pick up an S4 (still thinking about it), but I explained that my main love for my Note 2 is that is doubles as my in car GPS and was very easy for me to select tracks and channels while driving (due to the large screen size).

He said he totally understood (having a Note 2 himself) and that I should wait until later this year for the Note 3.
    Here are the details that I got:

1.) Note 3 will be out towards the end of the 3rd quarter
    2.) Note 3 will have a 6" screen BUT keep the same footprint as the Note 2 (They are eliminating most of the bezel).
    3.) The features that are in the S4 will all be in the Note 3, plus a few that he couldn't talk about yet.
    4.) The CPU will most likely be a 2ghz. (I am saying this because of his explanation of the S4 quad and octo CPU - he said that the Note 3 will "make waves")

I know it isn't much, but it was enough to make me want to just wait for the Note 3.

Oh, and he also explained:

1.) The US S4 only got the quad because of the lack of LTE in the octo.
    2.) The Octo is really 2 CPUs, one clocked at 1.9ghz and the other at 1.2ghz.

I didn't know that and just thought I would share.
    My email said the device would ship between 9-11 and 9-13. I can post a picture of it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running SkyNote 9.3.

Hopefully it's not a mistake. Would be awesome to be one of the first to receive this bad boy before any one else. I need to wait till February for my upgrade. Which is fine. It'll give enough time for the devs to do there thing in case the bootloader is locked. And for some great Roms to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    and, 6.3 inches will not fit in pants pockets, the way the current one does...in this case, bigger is NOT better..