Invisble shield hard to apply, TIPS?

Search This thread

xboxhaxorz

May 23, 2006
Olympia, WA
I had it on my herald and it went on easy and looked great. Putting it on the fuze its alot harder and it looks pretty bad, i got the full protection, but just screen coverage alone gave me alot of issues.

Any tips?
I followed the instructions carefully

Thresher

Aug 9, 2006
Did you watch their youtube videos? They have them on their website. I have a feeling (waiting for mine to arrive) that this will not work out for full protection. I should have watched the videos earlier.

You have to seriously molest the shield to make it attach to the corners. There is a penalty for spending too much time or not enough time on molding it. There is also a penalty for finger oils, too much liquid, not enough liquid, blah blah blah. This is no Shamwow!

I will try to record me putting it together on mine for the first time so we can share in the fun.

Their videos are like step 1...step 2...step 154,987...hahaha

I love knowing that we are about to spray a plastic product with a bunch of liquid and then adhere it mere millimeters away from the warranty voiding pink water sensitive tabs.

Man, Im a negative SOB on something I have never tried. Sorry Zagg I will correct myself if needed.

Perhaps I should have gone with one of the brands I used for my 8125 or my x61tablet.

Last edited:

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
Hi:
Can someone who has applied an Invisible Shield to a Touch Pro/Fuze, please post a good quality, up close picture of how it looks after installation? I have looked at their site, but all the pics as fairly small.
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
i installed mine 2 days ago and at first i was like ****ttttt cause it had lots of bubbles and looked just awful but they do work themselves out and now i have only one that has coninuously gotten smaller but of course its right in the path of sliding in tf3d hopefully it moves out as well
havent tried the back yet

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Umm, but what about the PTT button? Doesn't look like there's an opening for it.

According to InvisibleShield there doesn't have one either. Just had a buddy of mine order one from them. All they have right now is the TouchPro. I guess just wait it out until they have with the PTT already cut out. I am going to modify mine when I get it. I'm not that picky about it. Just trying to save people the trouble of ordering from Zagg. Probably the worse customer service I had ever experienced.

bilbobrian

Mar 26, 2007
big D
I just ordered a full body kit from ghost armor, it should be here in a few days. Any one ever used it? I assume they are all about the same as far as installation. I have just the screen protection from body gaurdz right now, it has a lot of drag on the screen (stylus doesn't slide very well):)

Last edited:

xboxhaxorz

May 23, 2006
Olympia, WA
Contacted Zagg they approved my return. Im assuming the guardz is the same type of material as Zagg uses? Reason being, on the touch screen it provides a much better feel that other screen protectors.

Cant really explain it buy it sort of gives you a light grip its an amazing feel compared to a bare screen or a normal screen protector in general :)

You should all return your InvisibleShield and buy a real full body kit with BodyGuardz.

Way better then the crap you get from Zagg and BodyGuardz give you 2 full kits.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/HTC_Touch_Pro_p/htctouchpro.htm

To be fair, I have used InvisibleShield's on my Tilt, MDA, Nintendo DS and Sony PSP and those things are indestructible! After 1-3 years, they are all still going strong.

Cant really explain it buy it sort of gives you a light grip its an amazing feel compared to a bare screen or a normal screen protector in general :)

I agree.

jjwoznia

Nov 15, 2008
...boxwave

I'm curious to see how well the invisibleshield went on the back of the fuze. I was thinking of getting it, but just for the back. I use on all of my devices with screens the boxwave anti-glare. Some ppl argue that it dims the screen, makes it look less sharp, and I disagree. They make all my devices from my Palm Lifedrive down to my Sony PSP usable outside, and that's a biggy for me. So the first thing I'm doing when I open my fuze box is going to be taking the already unwrapped boxwave and putting it on, before I even turn on the device.

But the back worries me, it seems like a scratch magnet, and I want to get that protected too. Anyone want to post pics from their installs? How hard was it with all those facets?

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
To be fair, I have used InvisibleShield's on my Tilt, MDA, Nintendo DS and Sony PSP and those things are indestructible! After 1-3 years, they are all still going strong.

Well they might be strong but there customer service is compared that of Raiders offensive production this season. Abysmal.

I have never in my life been so admiment about asking for a return. I have dealt with mobile providers customer services, which by industry standards is always pretty bad, but Zagg has reached a new low.

I never said they had a horrible product by any means, but there Customer service was enough to make me post, not only this post but numerous others about the company. Whoever is running the company needs to make a serious adjustment on the way they handle customers. I ordered a InvisibleShield or I should deem it "The Shield that never came to be" on Saturday the 15th. The informed that the Shield would be shipped in 3-5 business days. Never heard a response after 5 business days. When I e-mailed the company asking them about it. Nothing. No response for 2 days. When I asked the "Customer Service Represenative" about where the order was all the could tell me was that it was processing.

When I called for further clarification all I could get was the same answer and the lady on the phone told me "I have no idea why it hasn't shipped yet" When I told her my complaints about the company all she said in response was, "I'm sorry to heard that." Not, how can I make this better for you. Or I will check on your order right now and make sure that it's shipped out today. I immediately there after cancelled my order and sent my money else where. Of course I have to wait 3 - 5 business days for my money to be returned to my bank account. Funny that it took less then 12 hours for them to take the money but takes 3 - 5 business days for the money to be put bank into my account. Funny how that works.

If you are happy with InvisibleShield, then so be it. I just wanted other people on XDA to know about the horrible customer service that I experienced.

A side note. Another fellow XDA member purchased a invisbleshield the day after I ordered mine. He received his order last Wednesday. How does somebody who ordered the same exact product in the same state one day after me get the product before me. What's funny about though is that he received a invisibleshield for another phone not the Fuze.

Once again another stellar example of the applitude of people running Zagg.

Last edited:

ramontrotman

Retired Moderator
Mar 5, 2006
brooklyn
Well they might be strong but there customer service is compared that of Raiders offensive production this season. Abysmal.

I have never in my life been so admiment about asking for a return. I have dealt with mobile providers customer services, which by industry standards is always pretty bad, but Zagg has reached a new low.

I never said they had a horrible product by any means, but there Customer service was enough to make me post, not only this post but numerous others about the company. Whoever is running the company needs to make a serious adjustment on the way they handle customers. I ordered a InvisibleShield or I should deem it "The Shield that never came to be" on Saturday the 15th. The informed that the Shield would be shipped in 3-5 business days. Never heard a response after 5 business days. When I e-mailed the company asking them about it. Nothing. No response for 2 days. When I asked the "Customer Service Represenative" about where the order was all the could tell me was that it was processing.

When I called for further clarification all I could get was the same answer and the lady on the phone told me "I have no idea why it hasn't shipped yet" When I told her my complaints about the company all she said in response was, "I'm sorry to heard that." Not, how can I make this better for you. Or I will check on your order right now and make sure that it's shipped out today. I immediately there after cancelled my order and sent my money else where. Of course I have to wait 3 - 5 business days for my money to be returned to my bank account. Funny that it took less then 12 hours for them to take the money but takes 3 - 5 business days for the money to be put bank into my account. Funny how that works.

If you are happy with InvisibleShield, then so be it. I just wanted other people on XDA to know about the horrible customer service that I experienced.

A side note. Another fellow XDA member purchased a invisbleshield the day after I ordered mine. He received his order last Wednesday. How does somebody who ordered the same exact product in the same state one day after me get the product before me. What's funny about though is that he received a invisibleshield for another phone not the Fuze.

Once again another stellar example of the applitude of people running Zagg.

what you done realize is, the minute your hit purchase you had your invisiheild. You can't fault them for not shipping you something you had all along. i think if you look hard enough you miiiight...juuuust miiight see how inviable this shield really is. and when you see your inviable shield, you'll enjoy it that much more! here here for invishield...a job well done!

lordmaxx

Nov 20, 2008
You should all return your InvisibleShield and buy a real full body kit with BodyGuardz.

Way better then the crap you get from Zagg and BodyGuardz give you 2 full kits.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/HTC_Touch_Pro_p/htctouchpro.htm

The point of getting the Zagg is I dont Need two kits...

Ill post pics of mine should get mine in the mail today or tomorrow. I've applied Invisible shields to almost a dozen devices and I've only had it come out with extra bubbles once when I wasnt as careful with my Sansa Fuze (my phone and mp3 players are both Fuzes now...neato)

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
what you done realize is, the minute your hit purchase you had your invisiheild. You can't fault them for not shipping you something you had all along. i think if you look hard enough you miiiight...juuuust miiight see how inviable this shield really is. and when you see your inviable shield, you'll enjoy it that much more! here here for invishield...a job well done!

The point of getting the Zagg is I dont Need two kits...

Ill post pics of mine should get mine in the mail today or tomorrow. I've applied Invisible shields to almost a dozen devices and I've only had it come out with extra bubbles once when I wasnt as careful with my Sansa Fuze (my phone and mp3 players are both Fuzes now...neato)

Like I said. If you are happy with your product then so be it, but just don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh and Rzanology it did say HTC Fuze when I ordered it not HTC Touch Pro so once again it's Zagg fault.