ebay SCAM! REPORT THIS SELLER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

polo735

Mar 5, 2009
Connecticut
Don't be so sure about that. Just look at the number of stupid posts by people who can't figure out how to drop a folder on their sd card and touch haret.

Somebody should report that guy. He could be taking cash from the pockets of the developers on this site.

Tech Savy

Sep 21, 2009
Sign into ebay and report auction

I can't beleve that he is actually selling them, I mean, people are buying them!!!!! WTF????

:mad::mad:If you have an ebay account, just select auction and hit the report button to ebay, and they will close that auction... I did that to a few of them... When you report the auction, just be sure to include XDA web site so ebay can see that the info is there for free, and those people selling the info is fraud.......:mad::mad:

malex1

Oct 15, 2009
According to his listings he has sold 8 copies so far for US$10.

Also this one selling an SD card with it on for GBP£30
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HD2-ANDROID-I...MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item2c56e0f5ab

I am not an ebay customer, but can he be stopped? He/They are selling a copy of freely available work. Only a chef can stop them if they claim property rights.

Best way is for an ebay customer to look at who purchased a copy, contact them through ebay contact email, let them know they were conned and ask if they will give you sellers name, address and/or email, then add comments to ebay forum.

nicandris

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
i reported his listing on ebay. please report also if possible

Code:
Please note that this is a system generated email; please do not reply to this email because it won't reach us. You can contact the Customer support using the help section from the navbar.

Listing Policy Breaches > Counterfeits and breach of copyright > Other potential infringement > Beta software, test software, or evaluation software

Item Numbers(s):

it is open source and it is illegal to be sold!!

crampedson

Apr 28, 2007
I reported this crook as well. Maybe change your thread title to "eBay Scam" to attract more needed attention.

Spl4tt

According to his listings he has sold 8 copies so far for US$10.

Also this one selling an SD card with it on for GBP£30
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HD2-ANDROID-I...MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item2c56e0f5ab

I am not an ebay customer, but can he be stopped? He/They are selling a copy of freely available work. Only a chef can stop them if they claim property rights.

Best way is for an ebay customer to look at who purchased a copy, contact them through ebay contact email, let them know they were conned and ask if they will give you sellers name, address and/or email, then add comments to ebay forum.

well, this one is not that bad. he tells that the payment is only for the work he does.
he does that only for the ones that doesnt understand how to do it alone
he even writes that every purchase gives a donation to the devs of the hd2 android project and gives credits to the devs.. so i dont know if its really that bad as u say?
i mean, he is not selling the software, the buyers only pay his work

Wildcopper

Mar 12, 2010
Metz
there have been thread after thread about people doing this , and every one came to one conclusion ....let them do what they do ...it makes you look like a hater
It's actually illegal, and making money from someone else's work, which is also thievery.

I can't see why someone would defend such people... unless you are one of them, of course.

whynot66

Jul 17, 2010
Valor
well, this one is not that bad. he tells that the payment is only for the work he does.
he does that only for the ones that doesnt understand how to do it alone
he even writes that every purchase gives a donation to the devs of the hd2 android project and gives credits to the devs.. so i dont know if its really that bad as u say?
i mean, he is not selling the software, the buyers only pay his work

No! This should never be sold, thus community we are all part of is gree, that's what makes it so good, most make donations. But there donations, its wrong if he is making donations then is he making them to the likes of cotulla and his team and all the other cooks that have given us their time! It's crap these guys should be tracked down and banned of xda

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

nicandris

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
i don’t think that someone that cannot do it himself/herself should pay though! We never denied help to anyone around here and personally i even received two phones by mail, unlocked them, flashed a custom rom and send them back ;) so no i will not say "it's ok"

i volunteer if any of those sellers needs help to send me the SD and i will send it back with the Android OS (i don’t believe its necessary though, its some simple steps)

i will try to contact the newswritters abt this issue

hebbe

Feb 21, 2008
It's actually illegal, and making money from someone else's work, which is also thievery.

I can't see why someone would defend such people... unless you are one of them, of course.

why should this be illegal?? if you pay for his work of compiling information, and not for the build itself? he says he'll send instructions, not a file/zip/sdcard/device...

don't get me wrong - i'm not defending this guy. but there's a difference between being illegal and being impolite/unfair/an as*h*le....

to state it clear once again: i personally don't like what the guy is doing, i do not support this inacceptable behaviour.

Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
why should this be illegal?? if you pay for his work of compiling information, and not for the build itself? he says he'll send instructions, not a file/zip/sdcard/device...

don't get me wrong - i'm not defending this guy. but there's a difference between being illegal and being impolite/unfair/an as*h*le....

to state it clear once again: i personally don't like what the guy is doing, i do not support this inacceptable behaviour.

It is always a gray area as eBay sellers only sell the links (most of them don't even compile the instructions themselves), they do not sell the software. It is a shame that this happens (has happened for years), but they clearly state that they are only providing the info on how to do things. I agree that no one should sell even knowledge that is not theirs, but technically speaking, it is not illegal. They are only selling info...

I still reported it though, but I doubt anything good will come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.