[Q] No sound in speaker HD2

Search This thread

fsv

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks Guys!

I have to say I had the exact same problem and I didn't believe that your solution of bumping the phone on something hard worked. With disbelief I started doing it and guess what? It's fixed!

Thank you guys so much for this great tip :D

atricio

Apr 20, 2008
deerfield beach
'Bump Fix' was a miracle for me. I just realised today that my speakers are not working after missed many calls as it was not ringing. I just played back some songs and made sure it was a speaker issue and found this thread.
But I was not sure if this was just a joke or how hard I must bump. I just banged it on my sofa and did not work. Then just shake bit hard and I noticed that I heard something ( a part of song). Finally I gave a good 'Tap' on the speaker and it worked. Here are my steps and hope some one will be helped.
1) Play any music file
2) Turn the backside of the phone
3) Spot the speaker (left to the camera)
4) Use your thumb and middle finger (or any fingers to make it as a Carom shot) and hit hard.
5) Its ok to hit hard as long as you use your fingers. But make sure you do not damage the camera.
6) After few (for me 2 shots) shots, you will get your speaker back.

This is a good try before you take any hasty nasty actions like un/reinstall programs/drivers/ROM or do physical repairs.

Cheers !!!

Thank you very much bro you saved my life and my phone! !!!!!!!

treddi

Oct 20, 2011
The ''bumping on a hard surface'' method worked !!! Thanks guys!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

oops675

Mar 19, 2010
Cool..this bump therapy works.

I dropped my 2.5 yrs old HTC HD2 on a hard surface and the speaker stopped working. I gently pressed and applied thumb pressure on the speaker and it started to work.

Thats called durability :)

jeffreyvh

Jan 18, 2013
'Bump Fix' was a miracle for me. I just realised today that my speakers are not working after missed many calls as it was not ringing. I just played back some songs and made sure it was a speaker issue and found this thread.
But I was not sure if this was just a joke or how hard I must bump. I just banged it on my sofa and did not work. Then just shake bit hard and I noticed that I heard something ( a part of song). Finally I gave a good 'Tap' on the speaker and it worked. Here are my steps and hope some one will be helped.
1) Play any music file
4) Use your thumb and middle finger (or any fingers to make it as a Carom shot) and hit hard.
5) Its ok to hit hard as long as you use your fingers. But make sure you do not damage the camera.

This is a good try before you take any hasty nasty actions like un/reinstall programs/drivers/ROM or do physical repairs.

Cheers !!!

I thought this was a joke, but it actually worked fro me :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) Play any music file

Cheers !!!
    Hi!
    If the speaker are broken, can i repair it by my self?
    Is´t difficult to open the HD2? Manual on the net?

Thanks for any help!

Q1. Yes you can repair it by yourself. Cost is very cheap too.. :) check on ebay for part.
    Q2. Not difficult at all. Just follow the HTC guide on youtube on opening a HD2. You will need a blue plastic lever and Torque screwdriver.
    Tnx for reply!
    I read in another forum "bump the phone to a hard thing" and i started a mp3-song and try bumping.....
    And YES the speaker started sounding !!! WOWWWW!

I just wonder: Are the speaker broken or only dirt in it? Will it stop again ?