Help with listing ROMs with 2G/3G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Hi guys, could you please list the ROMs you are on and let me know if they support the following:

1. 2G/3G toggle
2. Working bluetooth
3. AM/PM in status bar clock

None of the OPs mention 2G/3G toggle. I am still on Zeus Beta, and want to change to a different ROM. Tried a couple, but they don't have the toggle. So posting here...

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I can look into what it takes to add one, but I would have to lose the lidroid and hand code them all into the system yo. It can be done, one wouldjust lose the ability to choose the toggles they want and the ability to move them around.

Are there not apps on the market that would serve that function?

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I can look into what it takes to add one, but I would have to lose the lidroid and hand code them all into the system yo. It can be done, one wouldjust lose the ability to choose the toggles they want and the ability to move them around.

Are there not apps on the market that would serve that function?

I tried to find, but couldn't find one. And I am on Zeus Beta now. I have customized toggles option, plus the option to switch between 2G and 3G. In the couple of latest ROMs I tried, this switch isn't there in network settings. I can give up on the lock screens for this, since the only one I use is the pattern lock.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I have got it done on vagabond by replacing phone.apk from zeus 6 ics. Now i have 2g and 3g toggles under network settings .:D.

Thank you Dman. He has put really nice hidden stuffs in his Roms. Exploring and learning slowly :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Aha... So its in Phone.apk, and not in libs. Good to know.

Qkster, probably you could use this in your ROM to get the toggle, if not there already.

Reactions: qkster

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Is bluetooth working on Vagabond? All I need it is for calls.

BT works.

The catch is that after an overnight charge, occasionally, the toggle won't respond. It'll come back after a reboot. The other work around is leaving it on all the time.
It happens on Entropy's kernel but not the stock kernel...I don't know why, though. I've given up after restarting from scratch several times.
I think it's the kernel but I'm not sure.

I also attached a phone.apk from Zeus 6.0 for you. CWM flashable. Use on any rom you want to have 2g/3g option.

You can thank dman for it...

edit: removed attached..wrong file

Last edited:

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
BT works.

The catch is that after an overnight charge, occasionally, the toggle won't respond. It'll come back after a reboot. The other work around is leaving it on all the time.
It happens on Entropy's kernel but not the stock kernel...I don't know why, though. I've given up after restarting from scratch several times.

I also attached a phone.apk from Zeus 6.0 for you. CWM flashable. Use on any rom you want to have 2g/3g option.

I got it QK, from your scripts thread. I installed it, fixed permissions, and it worked like charm.

And I do thank you for making the scripts to make life easy for us common folks :)

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Qk, one question: I think the phone.apk in the blue theme has the 2G/3G toggle. When I flashed 6 base, I didn't see that option, and so on went back to beta release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have got it done on vagabond by replacing phone.apk from zeus 6 ics. Now i have 2g and 3g toggles under network settings .:D.

Thank you Dman. He has put really nice hidden stuffs in his Roms. Exploring and learning slowly :thumbup:

You are right, diablo.
    Apparently the phone.apk in zeus 6.0 is different from the phone.apk in the ICS theme of Zeus 6.0.
    Not just the icon or theme, but also the actually program.

Odd...

Ok...Here is the phone from the ICS theme in Zeus 6.0
    Is the picture what you mean when you say 2g/3g?
    lol..then you have found your home. :)

This was forcing me from not moving to any other ROM in months..!! I was very skeptical..!!! But am now very happy I have both. I just hope the BT too works on this since that's a must *fingers crossed*. Thanks Qkster.
    Is bluetooth working on Vagabond? All I need it is for calls.

BT works.

edit: removed attached..wrong file

Aha... So its in Phone.apk, and not in libs. Good to know.

Qkster, probably you could use this in your ROM to get the toggle, if not there already.