[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Search This thread

madmack

I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
./system
./system/bin
./system/bin/qcks
./system/bin/sec-ril
./system/bin/qmuxd
./system/bin/efsks
./system/bin/diag_uart_log
./system/bin/netmgrd
./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
./system/bin/ks
./system/bin/rild
./system/bin/qmiproxy
./system/bin/secstarter
./system/etc
./system/etc/gps.conf
./system/lib
./system/lib/hw
./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
./system/lib/libqdp.so
./system/lib/libdsutils.so
./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
./system/lib/libqdi.so
./system/lib/libqmi.so
./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
./system/lib/libidl.so
./system/lib/libril.so
./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
./system/lib/libdiag.so
./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
./system/lib/libgps.so
To remove !!! Moi importante !
Code:
./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
Code:
replace
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
with
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.

Last edited:

madmack

Attachments

• 13541135240120.jpg
    13541135240120.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 11,587

drakeymcmb

Jun 22, 2012
Tinley park,il
does signal and lte work ?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

can u please upload the ported android revolution thanks

Reactions: willy077412

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Thanks for this...are you looking at porting over imilka's CM10 build?

my day just got better

I don't think that will be possible until we have an cm10 kernel built for our device first, can't switch in a TW kernel for their cm10 kernel without possibly bricking our phones

And to the OP of this thread:
Great work man, I know they were having a little trouble getting the roms to port on our IRC channel, hopefully this opens the flood gates for more rom possibilities :good:

madmack

Thanks for this...are you looking at porting over imilka's CM10 build?

my day just got better

I don't think that will be possible until we have an cm10 kernel built for our device first, can't switch in a TW kernel for their cm10 kernel without possibly bricking our phones

Great work man, I know they were having a little trouble getting the roms to port on our IRC channel, hopefully this opens the flood gates for more rom possibilities :good:

I'm going to port the standard CM10 that is available at github.com/cyanogenmod Once this is completed, then we can incorporate that to all AOSP based roms.

The kernels are actually pretty close to each other. (have a look at the defconf for details). What's different is the initramfs and the userland binaries/libraries. I'll have a look at it but I need to get this audio going on TW roms first.

MonsterBandit

Dec 10, 2010
New Jersey

Thats, what I thought, but he said he was gunna try CM10...I've been trying to learn more about Kernels all morning, and I understand we have a Qualcomm modem, but idk what would be needed to build a kernel for say CM...any thoughts?

Sorry for the OT OP.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I'm going to port the standard CM10 that is available at github.com/cyanogenmod Once this is completed, then we can incorporate that to all AOSP based roms.

The kernels are actually pretty close to each others. (have a look at the defconf for details). What's different is the initramfs and the userland binaries/libraries. I'll have a look at it but I need to get this audio going on TW roms first.

awesome...I'm very new to the development world, and I'm learning as much as I can to be able to help and maybe dev my own stuff

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
PHONE CALLS..

FIXED

HOW U LIKE DEM APPLES amigos

lemme update the OP.

edit: done. OP's list of files to add/replace is updated to reflect this change. basically a bunch of libaudio* files and their dependencies.

Damn man you work too quickly, at this rate we should have CM10 in like 2 hours :p

nuwayman

Aug 21, 2006
portland, OR
Madmack, you sir are a freaking genius. Now I'm glad I didn't get the international version cause I have lte in my area. Can't wait for more ported roms and aosp goodness. Thank you sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

MonsterBandit

Dec 10, 2010
New Jersey
lol. it'll be a while til we get CM10 running. I've just quickly looked at the differences and have an idea where to go from here but that's about it.

It all depends on how much free time I get here at work.

I'll gladly set up a Google Code Page for you...I'll do the same thing I did for randomblame and his original Jellytime Project...link to that project page is in my sig.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
    ./system
    ./system/bin
    ./system/bin/qcks
    ./system/bin/sec-ril
    ./system/bin/qmuxd
    ./system/bin/efsks
    ./system/bin/diag_uart_log
    ./system/bin/netmgrd
    ./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
    ./system/bin/ks
    ./system/bin/rild
    ./system/bin/qmiproxy
    ./system/bin/secstarter
    ./system/etc
    ./system/etc/gps.conf
    ./system/lib
    ./system/lib/hw
    ./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
    ./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    ./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
    ./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    ./system/lib/libqdp.so
    ./system/lib/libdsutils.so
    ./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
    ./system/lib/libqdi.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi.so
    ./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
    ./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
    ./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
    ./system/lib/libidl.so
    ./system/lib/libril.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
    ./system/lib/libdiag.so
    ./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.so
    To remove !!! Moi importante !
    Code:
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
    If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
    Code:
    replace
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
    with
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.
    CM10 RILD. Done. :victory:

:good::good::good:
    For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?
    apn works now. LTE is a go.

I'm done for the day. Have a good night guys
    guys, AUDIO IS FIXED !

Whaaat up

Lemme try to document the entire thing into my github account. That should be the easy part.

So far, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Audio, RIL.. all works in AOSP.

I think we got some issues with the stylus (like its completely broken) but who cares about that right? j/k