[Q] green vertical lines on camera view [ViperX]

Search This thread

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
Hello,
Using ViperX Rom and lyapota kernel. (this issue was also present before I flashed lyapota kernel)
Since the flash at times the camera would work fine but then when I would run it, it would display green vertical lines and taking a picture would show the same
, the front camera works fine always. And if I switch to video recording the camera app would just quit, on CameraFX same happens at times and switching to recording would give an Error could not connect to cam.
At times when I hit up camera it would display an old display like the last time I took a picture of and it would be moving forward and back (one odd frame)
Attaching screenshot for better idea.
I did flash the Rom over and again but following the correct method and everything else works fine

The search brought some fixes of green coloured images.. But that doesn't apply in my case.
great Rom otherwise.

Thanks.
P.s. I did search

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-20-19-43-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-20-19-43-46.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 90

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
This is quite a common problem. Either the camera is broken or the mainboard is.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
This is quite a common problem. Either the camera is broken or the mainboard is.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the feedback
But this issue wasn't there with the stock ROM before I had it flashed with viperX ...and if camera/mainboard is broken shouldn't it always not work why would it work at times ..
Let see what others have to say ..

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Thanks for the feedback
But this issue wasn't there with the stock ROM before I had it flashed with viperX ...and if camera/mainboard is broken shouldn't it always not work why would it work at times ..

Ok if you not sure flash ROM close to stock and see if the camera working or flash your nandroid backup

Reactions: Dr-Hack

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
MaximusHd is with stock kernel it is hardware problem but if you want try AOSP

i am only flashing the ROM , not the Kernel using lyapota kernel which i did few days prior ..will do one more sense rom then go with AOSP also mix match this with a Stock Kernel before heading for Repairs

thanks for the info and help ..i wonder why i couldnt find this issue on the forum before

Reactions: Thant

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
i am only flashing the ROM , not the Kernel using lyapota kernel which i did few days prior ..will do one more sense rom then go with AOSP also mix match this with a Stock Kernel before heading for Repairs

thanks for the info and help ..i wonder why i couldnt find this issue on the forum before

good luck:good:

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
partial fixed

I have found a way to know how to use it .. i dont know why thing worked but it seems to work now ..

1. I have used UV -10
2. Dont use the Stock Camera App
3. if the camera is running and the screen times out it will again get stuck so dont let that happen
4. when i open the camera i keep it vertical ..

all of this pretty much makes no sense .but I am able to use the Camera without the Glitch and old stucked Image issue :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the feedback

Ok if you not sure flash ROM close to stock and see if the camera working or flash your nandroid backup
    But actually I am sure , the stock ROM had the camera working .. it never glitched on stock ROM. Still I should try another ?

yes try another rom close to stock to be sure it is hardware or ROM problem
    Flashed MaximusHD 21.2.0 - same glitch :( . .out of three tries cam worked all fine just once ..
    Should i give AOSP based Rom a try ?

Men, i flash venom rom and lyaopota uv kernel, but still the same problem.
    Im doing right???
    Thanks Dr.!
    i have moved on to HTC M8 and in my particular phone the issue was a hardware one .. IC issue was causing it .. maybe you should also get it checked ?