Search This thread

rashad1

Jun 22, 2010
New York
Wrong sub forum that's why!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352163
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

He's not asking for screenshots.

I took these in Zürich last week. These are straight off the phone, no compression, no editing.

EDIT: After many cries I resized the pictures, although I believe providing full sized pictures would give more of an accurate representation.

img20111208175938.jpg

img20111208181136.jpg

img20111208180829.jpg

img20111208154149.jpg

Last edited:

kwurky

Dec 25, 2010
Yea umm, the next posters need to resize their pics before posting otherwise potential GNex owners might get the wrong impression.

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Sorry, but I tend to agree with the other posters. Those pics are a horrible representation of the camera. I've taken much better night shots with the GNex, and I also have better night shots in Zurich that I took with my EVO a year or two ago. Awesome city though. The train station during Oktoberfest was very cool.

Edit - sorry, didn't mean to be so negative. I have to say that I've taken plenty bad pictures with dedicated point-and-shoots. I'm not really a photog type, but I have friends that are so I can honestly say nothing short of a nice DSLR and plenty of time playing with exposures, etc is going to get you a nice night shot. Even a very nice camera will take bad shots. Starting to ramble...that second pic is walking straight out of the train station though, right? Wow, it's very crowded. Anything in particular going on that night?

Last edited:

Red John

Jul 22, 2010
Better, yes. Just got mine and I haven't taken a picture yet, but I'll miss the stellar camera in the SGS II. This is almost the same module as the Nexus S, correct? Perfectly usable camera in decent light.

kinggheedora

Jul 23, 2010
I haven't used the camera app on gnex much yet, but I took a quick look yesterday. I couldn't find anything in the menu to adjust the resolution or picture detail (e.g. fine, super fine) like there was on my Captivate. Is there any way to adjust that in the settings?

case0

Feb 5, 2010
I haven't really had a chance to take many pictures yet.

This didn't really come out very well because of the lighting, the whole bottom half is just black :(

img20111207151422.jpg

Reactions: Tahde and TheAlp

[GO]Bobster

Jul 28, 2005
Dorset
www.rjwhetton.co.uk
i've been meaning to go out and test the pano feature! did you take this with arms out stretched or in close to your body, and how did swivel around?

its not a bad little camera, it gives better results than my 3Gs did
IMG_20111211_170358_1.jpg

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
i've been meaning to go out and test the pano feature! did you take this with arms out stretched or in close to your body, and how did swivel around?

its not a bad little camera, it gives better results than my 3Gs did

arms stretched out and just swivelled round

to be brutally honest, the nexus camera doesn't cut it. The SGS2 and iPhone 4 camera is much much better. I remember when I first got the SGS2 the camera was very poor, and it improved drastically with firmware updates, so I am hoping for the same with the Nexus.

Reactions: [GO]Bobster

[GO]Bobster

Jul 28, 2005
Dorset
www.rjwhetton.co.uk
arms stretched out and just swivelled round
cool, thanks
to be brutally honest, the nexus camera doesn't cut it. The SGS2 and iPhone 4 camera is much much better. I remember when I first got the SGS2 the camera was very poor, and it improved drastically with firmware updates, so I am hoping for the same with the Nexus.
interesting, i hardly ever take photographs with my phone, but im quite happy with the results from the Nexus for a camera phone, and if they can improve it with updates over time, all the better..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think I deserve a thanks for this one lol :D

1338872719-picsay.jpg
    for those who are always criticizing the camera phones, I recommend buying this new phone.

Before buying the GN I had a SGS2. I really don't understand how people tell so many good things about GN camera.
    Unfortunately, when compared to SGS2 and iPhone4 it is total crap.
    This thread helps us to confirm that.

Hi troll. Gtfo.

Sent From My Toro+ via SkyBlue Tapatalk
    Thread cleaned
    It was stated by a moderator not to post screen shots
    Arguing such or doing so would be considered failure to cooperate with a moderator
    Name calling is right out, childish and rude, also considered flaming.
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    It's absolutely kills me when people complain about a camera on phone. If you want a camera for christ sake go buy a camera. If you want immaculate pictures go buy a camera. if you want a real smart phone buy a galaxy nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium