HTC Evo 3D won't turn on or charge! :(

Search This thread

jjbarrows

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks! - fixed my phone

...next time just press n hold the camera button then the power button too - should boot then :)

Thanks Mate, I was worried there for a moment,

nothing else would get my phone to start - now though that is the ONLY thing that will start the phone!

if I power up and choose restart, it turns off and only camera+power turns it on
tried vol.down+power for fastboot, nothing happened, and camera+power wouldn't work after that, had to pull battery, then use camera+power.

now i'm worried again - is it hardware failing or recovery image problem (as hellescape claims) ?

-joseph

Reactions: oMtAtXo

vanomania

Mar 18, 2012
This happened to me.
1. take out battery
2. hold down the power button for 15sec with battery out.
3. place battery back in phone and put the back on.
4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.

Thanks! this worked for me.

Reactions: oMtAtXo

lsddoors93

Mar 25, 2012
This happened to me.
1. take out battery
4. try to turn on. If it doesn't turn on try a different charger (this worked for me a few times. this worke dfor me a few times i remember back on at&t when i had the slider windows phone htc 8250 i think it needed a charger with more amperage to start the charge.)
5. If the above doesn't work maybe take it in to sprint if you have the warranty.

Thank you man! You avoided me to wallbang my evo :D

tacodisco

Mar 13, 2012
I don't really get it, what is wrong with EVOs charger or usb port Oo
It's the 2nd time that happens, i get it back wrking pretty fast yeah, but lol...
And this started happening only when i started using one custom rom Oo

Abbey46

May 23, 2009
Steps on how to start Evo 3D

Steps on how to start Evo 3D

1. Take out battery
2. Put battery back in
3. Make Sure the switch for 3D is set to 2D
4. Plug In Power Cable
5. Press Camera and Power button
6. Enjoy

TheMattMercy

Aug 24, 2011
EDIT: Was having similar problems while trying to downgrade... Light wasn't on at all, panicked... Tried to finish tutorial, and it fixed the phone.

All is good now :)

Last edited:

gabriel612

Sep 6, 2007
i had the same problem.
Its a bug in the Recovery ;)

simply reboot-bootloader with ADB and it will charge :cool:

HOW TO

you need The Android SDK on your computer

1.remove the battery
2.Put the battery back in your Evo 3d
3.Connect the phone with your computer
4.Start CMD
5. type "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
6.type "adb reboot-bootloader"
7.your phone should now charge just let it charge for a couple of minutes
8.restart your phone

sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

It works perfect!!!
Thank you very much!:)

Mar 11, 2012
Need Help

It works perfect!!!
Thank you very much!:)

Hi. I notice that when I used backup current rom from ROM Manager it happens. Now it is second time it happened.

It worked for me for the first time but now second time when I am connecting my phone, computer is stuck at "Found new hardware MTP device" and it does not get beyon should i try reloading the bootloader on this.....

Please helpppppppppppppp

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Hi. I notice that when I used backup current rom from ROM Manager it happens. Now it is second time it happened.

It worked for me for the first time but now second time when I am connecting my phone to computer isstucks at "Found new hardware MTP device" and it does not gpt beyon should i try reloading the bootloader on this.....

Please helpppppppppppppp

i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
4.Start CMD
8.restart your phone

It worked for me for the first time but now second time when I am connecting my phone to computer isstucks at "Found new hardware MTP device" and it does not gpt beyon should i try reloading the bootloader on this....

I tried bootloader and it says device not found.

Please helpppppppppppppp

Sorry for repeat post just the despration :confused:

Last edited:

Calvin2234

Feb 9, 2012
couldnt be more correct

your battery is completely discharged. find another battery or buy a docking external charger to charge your battery bro. Been throuhg the same thing

I had this issue a while back letting my phone be off the charger for too long. When the battery dies cause of overuse, the phone wont recognize that there is a battery in it cause there is no electricity running through the phone. You may have to find an external charger to charge you battery, or removing your battery for 10+ seconds should allow it to build up enough amps to push enough amperage through so the wall charger can reach the battery.

Last edited:

vinc3stylez

Nov 9, 2010
I wish this thread was here when it happened to me. I went to radioshack the next day and asked them to chrage it for me and they did. Just tell them u want to see of one of their external chargers work

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

annickverreault

May 21, 2012
i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
4.Start CMD
8.restart your phone

When I do the «adb reboot-bootloader» commands the computer don't find any devices, but my cell is plug but there's no orange light on the cell
And my phone won't turn on, charge or connect to pc and the volume - and power won't do nothing

Help me please!

Last edited:

mo5n

Apr 22, 2012
I had the same problem, left it plugged in for awhile. Then I held the camera button like j4n87 suggested and it booted. Don't know if the 3d switch position makes a difference. Thanks for your help guys. :)

best answer!!

and yes .. 3d does effect .. u need to switch it to 2d > hold camera button > and press power button ..

cheers mate!

Reactions: weazil60

Kaktusman

May 3, 2012
After my battery was empty and my phone turned off, I could not charge or restart it.
Then I tried this, and now it works-

i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
4.Start CMD
8.restart your phone

Thanks for it.

But why does this happen? Is there any way to avoid that this happens again?

My phone is s-off, rooted and I use KingCobra3D-ICS 1.2 ROM

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
After my battery was empty and my phone turned off, I could not charge or restart it.
Then I tried this, and now it works-

Thanks for it.

But why does this happen? Is there any way to avoid that this happens again?

My phone is s-off, rooted and I use KingCobra3D-ICS 1.2 ROM

Your battery got to low I.believe idk if you have the 2.17firmware installed but one of the updates was supposed to stop it from doing that I think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had the same problem.

HOW TO

1.remove the battery
    4.Start CMD
    8.restart your phone

This happened to me.
    1. take out battery
    Plug in the charger and hold the camera button, volume up button and volume down button, then hold the power button. This will be like telling your phone the battery was just pulled and replaced and should re initiate charging
    Tuesday night, I was charging my phone and I left it alone for probably 30 minutes. I checked it, pressed the power button, and it didn't turn on! Today is day 3 of my phone not working. No, it is not rooted. My screen is cracked if that matters. It used to restart it a lot.

Yes, I've tried pulling the battery multiple times. Hard reset won't work either. I've tried volume down + power button, both volume buttons + power, even the camera button + power, charging with the computer, using different USB cords, and it still won't turn on. I took the battery and SD card out, waited 30 minutes.. put it back in, no luck.

Could it be a battery problem? Will a new battery fix it? Is it a hardware problem? If I need to replace it, could the Sprint store still retrieve my text messages and contacts? :( I hate not having a working phone and Christmas is coming up.
    it WORKED!

This happened to me.
    1. take out battery

It WORKED like a charm.
    I have no words to thank you...
    I LOVE YOU DUDE! hahahahaha:D:D:laugh::cowboy::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good: