Installation Instructions
Boot into recovery
Place ROM zip file in your SD card
Create a backup
Factory reset device and wipe caches
Install zip from SD card
Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
Everything as far as I know. You tell me!

3.2.8 Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?vhdncnnc688ko2f

GApps
http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
Chairface
MIUI.us Team and IRC
iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-11-13-07-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-13-07-09.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 9,026
  • Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-27-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-27-46.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9,312
  • Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-28-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-28-01.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8,971
  • Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-29-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-18-29-17.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 8,593
Last edited:

theMAGNUM

Jun 2, 2008
In your (hs133) or anyone else's opinion that has made the plunge, besides facebook and netflix working, how does this compare to iBot's MIUI ROM as far as tweaks, smoothness, stability, etc?

Edit: Also, do you plan on updating or porting this ROM with each weeks release?

Thanks for a new flavor of MIUI on our devices!

Last edited:

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
In your (hs133) or anyone else's opinion that has made the plunge, besides facebook and netflix working, how does this compare to iBot's MIUI ROM as far as tweaks, smoothness, stability, etc?

Edit: Also, do you plan on updating or porting this ROM with each weeks release?

Thanks for a new flavor of MIUI on our devices!

I have always prefered MiUi Us because of the Tool Box and what it offers with customization. The rom feels pretty smooth right now, but as far as iBot's MIUI. Well he is a pro and I'm still in diapers when it comes to MiUi stuff, but I love to learn new things. I will keep updating as much as possible and more frequently as my porting skills improve. I'm not sure how current I will go at the moment because I believe there are theme issues if I have been reading correctly.

nate_benji

May 23, 2010
London
Everything seems to work smooth.. I did check to see if i'm connected to LTE, and it still says hspa.. I know there's LTE where i live, its worked on other roms. Any idea if there's something i'm missing, or an option i can enable? I checked in the settings/network settings/preferred networks, and LTE isn't even an option

ferrisUML

Jul 9, 2007
Just curious if porting from the i9300 version of miui.us would be easier than the Verizon version. Perhaps less issues with LTE (assuming there are any). Thanks for the work!

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Everything seems to work smooth.. I did check to see if i'm connected to LTE, and it still says hspa.. I know there's LTE where i live, its worked on other roms. Any idea if there's something i'm missing, or an option i can enable? I checked in the settings/network settings/preferred networks, and LTE isn't even an option

You should show the apns under settings, mobile networks and then access point names. Select Lte and you should be good to go.

Have you flashed any kernels in the past that could have effected your radios?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

theMAGNUM

Jun 2, 2008
I didn't use the international unit because the hardware is different and I remember reading somewhere that that could cause problems.

Makes sense... Made the leap to your MIUI version. Only limited time to mess with it but it seems as smooth as ibot's with the added bonus of netflix and Facebook. Great work! Looking forward to your upcoming releases!

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill

You may need to setup a new APN for your carrier....

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Dude. Major major props for this. Working smooth as hell and loving my miui gs3. Unreal. Very good job keep it up and stay current with some updates and a few beers on me are in the works.

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
Thanks for taking the time to port this for us man, really appreciate it. Haven't flashed yet but seeing others posts it seems to be pretty damn spot on, good work!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

kkoshko1

Jul 24, 2010
Lte works fine for me.

Anyone know a way to theme SMS completely ?

Edit: sorry I saw you said you were on bell. I'm on att

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had an issue on other miui rom and now this one with echoing. Is there anything u can do for this? Whenever someone talks to me via phone call they claim to have a bad echo. This issue would make this rom unuseable for me :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For AT&T Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vhdncnnc688ko2f

GApps
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...
    Modified Ktoonsez

Here is the modified kernel..
    Make sure you backup before installing it may be a little buggy..

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ay18s261qm0mkf

Thanks to Ktoonsez for making such an awesome kernel.
    Change log

Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.2.8

Nothing exciting to list....
    I'm working on the 2.12.7 update..i should hopefully have it up in a day or two...
    Heads up guys...I do have build 2.12.7 ready for upload. The only thing not working at the moment is the signal bars. They show full strength all the time. Everything else works such as themes, alarm clock, ect....I'm going to try to get a fix for the signal bars before I upload, but will post it up regardless sometime today.

This build was the first one that I really got into the porting process and built it up from ground zero. With that said the 2.12.14 release also comes out today and I will start work on it tonight. The process should be much smoother since I'm getting used to the process and mods that are required so I should be able to turn the rom out quicker.