[MOD] Google edition Boot Animation [Flash]

Search This thread

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
The LG G2 uses the standard bootanimation.zip format and can be easily replaced.
You require root and recovery to flash this zip.
Use at your own risk!

Download attached file and flash in recovery
Reboot
Enjoy!

This should work on all variants.
This will not remove the boot sound, however that can be manually removed with a root file browser.

I did not create the zip file, had it around from my S4 days. Credits to original author that created it, who ever you are! :cool:

Attachments

• GoogleEditionBootANI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 15,165
Last edited:

zxrax

Feb 22, 2011
(Northeast Georgia)
Very nice. But is there a way to get rid of or change the sound? I still hear the att boot sound, which is ****ty IMO.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
Very nice. But is there a way to get rid of or change the sound? I still hear the att boot sound, which is ****ty IMO.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Pretty sure it is located in /system/etc/poweron.ogg

Rename or move to get rid of boot sound.

Someone correct this if it is wrong. That was the first thing I did with root and can't remember the exact location.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan

Someone correct this if it is wrong. That was the first thing I did with root and can't remember the exact location.

system/media/audio/ui/poweron.ogg and poweroff.ogg

I'm gonna try renaming them and see if that works. Haven't TWRP'd yet so I can't install this boot anim. Soon.

EDIT: renamed them to poweronx.ogg and poweroffx.ogg with Root Browser, no more boot sound.

Last edited:

a400meter

Aug 22, 2009

I'm gonna try renaming them and see if that works. Haven't TWRP'd yet so I can't install this boot anim. Soon.

EDIT: renamed them to poweronx.ogg and poweroffx.ogg with Root Browser, no more boot sound.

You don't have to install TWRP (or any recovery) to utilize the boot animation. Just extract the file in the OP and replace/overwrite the phone's 'system/media/bootanimation.zip' with the one located in the OP's zip. ('GoogleEditionBootANI.zip\system\media\bootanimation.zip')

Of course you do need root to apply this, but not a custom recovery. Just an FYI for those who may not know...

mouf32

Oct 13, 2012
Des Moines
www.twitch.tv
You don't have to install TWRP (or any recovery) to utilize the boot animation. Just extract the file in the OP and replace/overwrite the phone's 'system/media/bootanimation.zip' with the one located in the OP's zip. ('GoogleEditionBootANI.zip\system\media\bootanimation.zip')

Of course you do need root to apply this, but not a custom recovery. Just an FYI for those who may not know...

Works flawlessly on my VZW G2.

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan

Thanks, done! Cool boot animation, much nicer than the white Verizon one.

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
The LG G2 uses the standard bootanimation.zip format and can be easily replaced.
Use at your own risk!

Reboot
Enjoy!

This should work on all US variants.
This will not remove the boot sound, however that can be manually removed with a root file browser.

I did not create the zip file, had it around from my S4 days. Credits to original author that created it, who ever you are! :cool:

i've F320K variant , do you think could be fine ? Tell me if can i upload you some stuff of my rooted phone to check it

and

do you delete the annoyng operator boot logo too ?

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
Use at your own risk!

Reboot
Enjoy!

This should work on all US variants.

works Great on F320K korean variant !

Update you threadcompatibility ;)

Reactions: bri315317

ZiggSVO

Which carrier are you using?

Will do,thanks for the confirmation!

Was getting to ask this myself. Im using AT&T

Edit: Wow...so used to samsung devices and there stupid qmg or whatever boot animation format that i missed the first part of the thread saying it used a standard bootanim.zip file! thats awesome!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use at your own risk!

Reboot
    Enjoy!

This should work on all variants.

Flashed on VZW G2, confirm working great! Thanks, I hated the verizon bootup.

Thanks for the correction. :thumbup: