[ROOT] Verizon Note 10.1 - SCH-I925

Search This thread

drozek

Jun 22, 2007
Streamwood, IL
First and foremost, I did not create this root package.

Just posting it here so people can have it in the forum:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276&page=13

Use the Frodo exploit.

I am working with a dev to unlock the bootloader, donation will be automatically to the following charity:
http://www.pawschicago.org/

The Bootloader is in fact locked.
If any devs need the following:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

let me know I can send them to you right away.

Last edited:

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010

Use the Frodo exploit.

I am working with a dev to unlock the bootloader, donation will be automatically to the following charity:

This worked for me. Thank you for the hint. I have been chomping at the bit trying to figure out how to root this device.

Thank you!

jfvidalc

Dec 2, 2010
Worked for me too. Now I'm a happy camper with my newly rooted Note 10.1 4G/lte.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using xda app-developers app

ddickenson

Dec 4, 2007
Has anyone tried any custom recovery flashes? Does this do what my brothers Verizon note 2 did when I put cwm on it before I realized I had to unlock bootloader first? [Paraphrased] 'Verizon says screw you, this is our device even though you paid for it and you must run our crippled bloated software'

Sent from my SCH-I925 using XDA Premium HD app

drozek

Jun 22, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Has anyone tried any custom recovery flashes? Does this do what my brothers Verizon note 2 did when I put cwm on it before I realized I had to unlock bootloader first? [Paraphrased] 'Verizon says screw you, this is our device even though you paid for it and you must run our crippled bloated software'

Sent from my SCH-I925 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes I have tried it, the bootloader is locked down, working with a team to try to figure it out.

kennyx13

Nov 27, 2012
unlocking

Yes I have tried it, the bootloader is locked down, working with a team to try to figure it out.

I spoke with their verizon's reps before buying their note 10.1 LTE and asked them if it can be used with other network providers and he said, " Yes, DEFINITELY, The note 10.1 LTE is GSM unlocked" To my great surprise when I received my note 10.1, I couldn't get it to work. Will there be a way to get this to work? They say it is unlocked but in reality it isn't. I need help because I really do not want to be on the verizon network because I have solavei that gives me unli 4g data already. Please help me. I dont mind paying someone to get this working for me, I just don't want to pay verizon's crazy fees just for data.

drozek

Jun 22, 2007
Streamwood, IL
I spoke with their verizon's reps before buying their note 10.1 LTE and asked them if it can be used with other network providers and he said, " Yes, DEFINITELY, The note 10.1 LTE is GSM unlocked" To my great surprise when I received my note 10.1, I couldn't get it to work. Will there be a way to get this to work? They say it is unlocked but in reality it isn't. I need help because I really do not want to be on the verizon network because I have solavei that gives me unli 4g data already. Please help me. I dont mind paying someone to get this working for me, I just don't want to pay verizon's crazy fees just for data.

Yes with an unlocked bootloader this will be possible.

Reactions: kennyx13

ddickenson

Dec 4, 2007

Awesome, I wish I could help but my coding skills are in their infancy at the moment. Anxiously awaiting the ability to use nandroid backup again and deodex'd roms. I assume deodex is what it would take to get the multiwindow complete control app to work on the 10.1?

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010
Awesome, I wish I could help but my coding skills are in their infancy at the moment. Anxiously awaiting the ability to use nandroid backup again and deodex'd roms. I assume deodex is what it would take to get the multiwindow complete control app to work on the 10.1?

I am not familiar with Multiwindow Complete Control but Multiwindow Manager works really well with a rooted device.

drozek

Jun 22, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Anyone who used this to root the SCH-i925 does your camera work? This is the first time I tried to use the camera and the unit locks up on me.

MrLoompa

Apr 2, 2011
curious as to why someone would buy this from verizon.....Data? uh, use your phone data tether..Just baffles me as to why someone would buy this tablet from verizon. Im on verizon as well and didnt go this route...

Theres always a reason someone needs somewthing and your condescending attitude gets you nowhere.

Camera works for me. Used it last night in fact.

Camera works fine here also. Front and back, exept the flash doesnt work with the front faciing camera, but i havent looked into it enough to know if its user or software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use the Frodo exploit.

This worked for me. Thank you for the hint. I have been chomping at the bit trying to figure out how to root this device.

Thank you!

No problem, I am working on unlocking the bootloader currently, hope to have it done by this weekend if everything goes well.

Yes with an unlocked bootloader this will be possible.
    Bumping this up. Do we have any choices in terms of root here or are we dead in the water? Really wouldn't mind having a later version of android running on this if there's anything available, 4.1.2 just isn't stable, not to mention the wifi almost consistently disconnects on me.