Kindle fire root for 10.2.6

Search This thread

patel989

Jul 6, 2005
THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work

1. Turn your Kindle Fire on and swipe down the top bar and tap on More+
2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
3. Go back and then goto Security and turn on the “enable ADB” button
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:

8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
11. Turn on your kindle and plug it into the PC
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

13. Download Bin4rysroot from here http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
14. download Quemu root from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
16. THE ROOTING PART NOW!!
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
18. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter
19. Copy and past (or type this into the window) runme.bat then hit enter
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
23. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\Qemu then hit enter
24. Copy and past (or type this into the window) rootqemu.bat then hit enter
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
Thought this was great, could finally get my mum's Kindle rooted and put Play Store on it....... Then found that it says I've reached my download limit and that I need to register and pay...

Back to the drawing board.

snoopdujour

Oct 3, 2006
THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work

2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:

8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both

I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.

Wilkinsss

Dec 26, 2012

Step 2 - Exploiting...

What else can be done?

Thank you.

This happened to me. And I googled extensively about the problem. Honestly.. the only thing to do is keep running the script.. worked for me after about 20 tries. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

mindmajick

Account currently disabled

Step 2 - Exploiting...

What else can be done?

Thank you.

Nothing. It's normal and doesn't mean anything. Root still works even with the error

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

snoopdujour

Oct 3, 2006
Rooting Kindle Fire 10.2.6

I was able to get my Kindle Fire .v2 rooted. I ran through the process again. This time going back to the beginning.

I wasn't able to get it to run, so I refreshed the files, and ran it again. It took 2 attempts to get the first script to run. I thought it didn't run, so I was searching for a reason why. Then I looked up, and the script had finished. Then it took 3 times for the second part of the script to complete.

After getting the the launcher I wanted installed (APEX failed, so did Novo and a few others) AWD worked, but I was unable to get it to be the default launcher. (the kindle launchers 'default' settings were grayed out.

I then went into /system/app and renamed Launcher.apk to Launcher Default.apk and the com.awd.launcher-1.apk to Launcher.apk.
the system didn't respond when I pressed the home key, so I took a chance and rebooted my kindle.
When it rebooted, I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, so I clicked set as default, and clicked on AWD.

All is good now. Thanks

Reactions: DarkModzHD

blythefam5

Apr 16, 2010
help

i keep getting a runme.bat is not recognized as a internal or external command , operable program or batch file

rkerrddd

Mar 21, 2011
hadley
when i select 1 and hit enter i'm not getting the restore screen on the kindle it just says that it couldnt' push busybox and superuser and then it asks me wich superuser i want too install 1 or 2 and when i select one it just goes back too prompt. any ideas drivers are all good adb good cant figure it out

Reactions: sudhirmhrj

Vitaliy7

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone, need help :)

I've got Amazon Kindle Fire HD, the version is 10.2.6. Want to unlock it. I follow this instructions step by step, then i stumbled on the 18 step.
It says "Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter" I type everything as written and system says that it is not able to find the reqested path..( What should I do? Maybe I should type same exact address instead of ..\.. ? Thank you for your response in advance.:angel:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I've got Amazon Kindle Fire HD, the version is 10.2.6. Want to unlock it. I follow this instructions step by step, then i stumbled on the 18 step.
It says "Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter" I type everything as written and system says that it is not able to find the reqested path..( What should I do? Maybe I should type same exact address instead of ..\.. ? Thank you for your response in advance.:angel:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2075959

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rooting Kindle Fire 10.2.6

I was able to get my Kindle Fire .v2 rooted. I ran through the process again. This time going back to the beginning.

I wasn't able to get it to run, so I refreshed the files, and ran it again. It took 2 attempts to get the first script to run. I thought it didn't run, so I was searching for a reason why. Then I looked up, and the script had finished. Then it took 3 times for the second part of the script to complete.

After getting the the launcher I wanted installed (APEX failed, so did Novo and a few others) AWD worked, but I was unable to get it to be the default launcher. (the kindle launchers 'default' settings were grayed out.

I then went into /system/app and renamed Launcher.apk to Launcher Default.apk and the com.awd.launcher-1.apk to Launcher.apk.
    the system didn't respond when I pressed the home key, so I took a chance and rebooted my kindle.
    When it rebooted, I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, so I clicked set as default, and clicked on AWD.

All is good now. Thanks
    when i select 1 and hit enter i'm not getting the restore screen on the kindle it just says that it couldnt' push busybox and superuser and then it asks me wich superuser i want too install 1 or 2 and when i select one it just goes back too prompt. any ideas drivers are all good adb good cant figure it out