Automatic Splash Image Creator (PNG to Flashable Zip in One Click!)

Search This thread

RustedRoot

Dec 7, 2010
Tucson AZ
Amazfit
haha I hadn't seen that.
no it wasn't homework, trust me I avoid it :p last year of law school, I dont wanna read of brief cases.

anyways, I fully finished the MetroPCS one but i've been lazy about it.

check this out. see what you think, make suggestions on it. then i'll move on to the non-branded one.

Good job. I know you've thought of this and it may be the biggest challenge, but it would be great to see the jelly beans flying in one at a time from the top left, but you were very clever in the way you made the jar fill up. I'm sure it's the file size that made the boot time longer. Keep working!

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Some splash screens I mocked up. I did not create any of the images used, they are from some of my favorite wallpapers and images. All credit to original designers, I just mixed and matched the images and colored in some stuff

Click on the titles to download (tested in TWRP Recovery, latest)

Aperture Splash

Aperture.png

Domo Splash

Domo.png

DOPE Splash

Dope.png

Pirate Splash

Pirate.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:

nerys71

May 13, 2008
pure awesome !! time to make a few avatar ones :)

question. I am giving an S2 to my sister for christmas. its running jellybean. if I use a 480x800 png will this work on the S2 ? (I think it uses TWO boot splashes before the animation???)

also. what about the Note II Sprint US ? (yeah I have all three its an addiction!)

I made a quickie at work (only have paint so its not perfect but its really simple)

guess there is no way to ditch that "initial" samsung splash ehh :)

Full Size - http://i.imgur.com/F0Hz6.png

Attachments

20.2 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
This only works on the GS3 with the S4 CPU. It won't work on any other phones. It will brick anything else. It will NEVER work on any other device unless it is a Samsung with the S4 CPU. Any other CPU will cause a brick. The .zip file won't run on anything else to prevent this from happening.

Reactions: Naddict

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
This only works on the GS3 with the S4 CPU. It won't work on any other phones. It will brick anything else. It will NEVER work on any other device unless it is a Samsung with the S4 CPU. Any other CPU will cause a brick. The .zip file won't run on anything else to prevent this from happening.

Thanks for the info... And the tool!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

dugstr

Oct 28, 2012
Help WIth FreeGS3 ROm

I am running the FreeGS3 Rom. I created a 720 X 1280 image in photoshop and saved it as a ,png image. copied the file to the PNGtoConvert folder, ran the PNG-2-RLE batch file, and installed the ZIP file on to the root of external SD card. After the ZIP file has been flashed, during the boot sequence, the PNG image I created flashes for a second, but after the boot sequence I still have the TEAM SONIC splash screen. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks

nerys71

May 13, 2008
Your not doing anything wrong you just don't realize that what you're doing is working you have a splash screen and you have a boot animation this does not change boot animation this changes the splash screen it shows up for just a second before the animation loads so what you describe is exactly what is supposed to happen

Reactions: dugstr

dugstr

Oct 28, 2012
I am a noob, so forgive my dumb questions, but I was under the impression this would change the image on the splash screen.

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
that's what he just said. you change the splash screen. which is then followed by the boot animation. without running your rom, the poster above is suggesting what you think is the splash screen is actually the boot animation from your rom.

oussbaba

Feb 14, 2008
noob question:
is it worked on S3 I9300 international?
i'm on siyah kernel+sotmax rom

flash ok but nothing change on splash

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
Nice job on this making splash screens the old way was kinda a pain in the behind..... :D:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

nerys71

May 13, 2008
use irfanview at irfanview.com

without question of of the most awesome image programs around. tiny fast and powerful and free too :)

Reactions: loumoli

otroguero

Mar 23, 2011
Texas
CM10.1?

Just wondering... As I see a "kernel" folder in the .zip file - has anyone verified this with 4.2.1 (CM specifically)?

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
So just to be sure will this splash screen be moddable on my sprint sgs3? If so can anyone make me a splash screen of a sharingan from Naruto Shippuden? Pleeeeeeaaaaaase :)

SGS3 Sprint
Jellybomb Jellybean 7.0.0
TWRP 2.3.1.0
Kernel-LJ7
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/518Loans/Publication5.png

Works on sprint, I won't be making a splash lol. Someone else might.

Just wondering... As I see a "kernel" folder in the .zip file - has anyone verified this with 4.2.1 (CM specifically)?

Someone on AT&T said it didn't work. Probably because they changed some crap around. I'll look into 4.2.x support next week.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This DOES NOT work on the i9300/note 2 and never will, please stop asking about it.

Please take all questions/discussion to the d2_vzw thread HERE because it is the only one I'll monitor!
    Thanks to the work of invisiblek and some Google searching I was able to come up with the following tool:

This tool takes a 720x1280 .PNG image and converts it to a recovery-flashable splash screen in a single click.

A video so you can see what this changes: http://youtu.be/XXaBJTVQ2Sw

How to use:
    Making your own splash screen:

0) Download and extract the .zip file
    1) Make a 720x1280 .png image you want to be your splash screen (this comes in-between the boot animation and the quick Samsung logo flash)
    2) Name it "initlogo.png" without the quotes
    3) Place it in the PNGtoConvert folder
    4) Run the "PNG-2-RLE.bat" file
    5) You are finished! A "flashthisinrecovery.zip" will appear in the same directory as the batch files. Just flash it in recovery and enjoy your new splash screen!

Note: If you want the .RLE and not the whole flashable, it can be found as "initlogo.rle" in the "kernel" folder or you can pull it from the kernel folder inside the "flashmeinrecovery.zip"

Converting an .RLE that you made back to a .PNG for editing:

0) Download an extract the .zip file
    1) Copy the "initlogo.rle" you want to convert to a .PNG to the RLEtoConvert folder. It must be named "initlogo.rle"
    2) Run the "RLE-2-PNG.bat"
    3) PNG will be in the PNGtoConvert folder named "initlogoOUTPUT.png"

Other notes:
    I have included the stock initlogo as a .PNG named "initlogoSTOCKBACKUP.png" for your reference/backup purposes. If you want to test the tool with it, remember to rename it to initlogo.png
    If you flash a new kernel/rom the splash will revert to stock. To get it back, just flash the "flashmeinrecovery.zip" again. You don't need to reconvert it or anything.

This has only been tested with the d2_vzw but will work with all USA (S4 CPU) variants!

Credits:
    invisiblek for the recovery zip scripting
    Yagya Gaire @ http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com for the original conversion tools

Download Here: http://d-h.st/F2A

As always, even though this tool has been tested, nobody is responsible to damage to your phone except yourself!
    here we go. without the logo and with the Galaxy S logo.

splash1.png

splash2.png

splash3.png
    Some splash screens I mocked up. I did not create any of the images used, they are from some of my favorite wallpapers and images. All credit to original designers, I just mixed and matched the images and colored in some stuff

Click on the titles to download (tested in TWRP Recovery, latest)

Aperture Splash

Aperture.png

Domo Splash

Domo.png

DOPE Splash

Dope.png

Pirate Splash

Pirate.png

Enjoy!
    Anyone wanna create a sick Team Sonic Splash screen? :D
    here we go. without the logo and with the Galaxy S logo.

Thanks. Now the next step, obviously, is to create a bootanimation from this png with the Android head tilted open and the jar filling up with jelly beans then Android's head closing. Who's gonna do this?