[July 24th] [Sense 3.5] Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense 3.5 build that just works!

Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
hi guys ! i never was and i never will be a fan of Sense interfaces but , somehow i have to admit that these roms especially the last 28/9 is fine . as a curiosity i did exactly what the masters said and ... surprising , despite of all your bad experiencies , i mean , fc`s , missing stuffs , broken dreams , laggs ... whatever ... everything was , as i said , fine . So , i recommand with all of my heart this rom to all those who like to have a mobile which looks like a ... doll , pretty nice and sweet ! no offence guys but it looks like that . anyway , cm7 meakes me feel like a man and you`re right sir nrgz28 , this is not that i`m looking for . good luck , congratulations for your great work but don`t forget , you`re not the only one ! :cool:
-----
my truthful appologise if wasn`t polite enough

So basically my ROM looks like a pretty doll and your CM7 ROM makes you feel like a man ? Hmm.... Maybe I'm gay and never realized it. Funny though, I like women... and blue obviously :)

I have to admit that I like CM7 sometimes, for its sheer speed, simplicity. But then again.. that's NOT why I bought a highend HTC phone.I bought it for the eye candy, animation effects, beauty :) Otherwise I would bought a cheap ass motorola phone or something.

Thanks! Got it working :) I always like to make my phone look like me (nothing wrong in the original bootanimation tough) :)

How do you make your phone look like yourself ? Do you look like an HTC phone ? lol

Hi there

Almost a day with this new rom and i have to say that in terms of speed, stability and battery consumption these sense roms are far from optimal....especially when compared to other non sense roms
Anyway good effort energy, good to see you back in the business...
I am a fan since the days of wm
Alex

Well of course.. these ROMs are not designed to run on these phones. Far from it. The kernels are far from optimized to run on an HD2. Remember, the HD2 never had Android on it natively :)

Sir NRG, any chance of you jumping on the MIUI bandwagon?
good to see you here on the darkside. :)

I like MIUI. I might....

so still no bluetooth audio controls working in sight? I'm kinda surprised no one brought this up besides me. You guys don't drive and stream your music or podcast, and when you need to pause you look down on your phone to find the pause button?

if there's a way to get this fixed, i'm all in. I love this rom back in the winmo days, and even though bt audio controls didn't work then out of the box, core player found a way around it so it wasn't too bad.

It's a known problem with the HD2. I think some of the devs got BT voicecommands working reliably. I'll try to incorporate that in the next ROM. It'll require a kernel change though... tyung's.

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I'm trying to update my signature but I don't have the advanced option above the edit box as mentioned. Any ideas on why from anyone? I'm using Chrome and have tried in IE, but get the same results. I truly hate the small images (like below).

Thanks in advance.

Try it in Firefox, I have trouble with IE and Chrome as well

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

i downgrade to 09-19 ;) because i have some lag and sense reload on 09-28 when i unlock screen...

Try using V6 supercharger, no more restarts. Search this thread and it is posted how to set it up.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

New release has been posted, reading through the thread it apparently greatly enhances the appearance of images. Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1268085

Currently testing now as the initial release didn't work on my computer

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
----------------------originally by nrgz28---------I have to admit that I like CM7 sometimes, for its sheer speed, simplicity. But then again.. that's NOT why I bought a highend HTC phone.I bought it for the eye candy, animation effects, beauty :) Otherwise I would bought a cheap ass motorola phone or something.

... i would like to know how many times people said POWERFULL ROM not NICE ROM and if your aim is how the rom looks so, that`s something that i didn`t know . i feel pitty for those how bought a htc hd2 just for damn eye candy ! i hope your fans wont feel petty for what you said like i do . just have a look on my simple mobile interface ... sorry but mine doesn`t look like a highend phone ... isn`t it ?

Attachments

• screenshot-1317389628963.jpg
    screenshot-1317389628963.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 142
  • screenshot-1317396882249.jpg
    screenshot-1317396882249.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 108
  • screenshot-1316359643598.jpg
    screenshot-1316359643598.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 121
  • screenshot-1317396775428.jpg
    screenshot-1317396775428.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 88
  • screenshot-1317396385442.jpg
    screenshot-1317396385442.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
----------------------originally by nrgz28---------I have to admit that I like CM7 sometimes, for its sheer speed, simplicity. But then again.. that's NOT why I bought a highend HTC phone.I bought it for the eye candy, animation effects, beauty :) Otherwise I would bought a cheap ass motorola phone or something.

... i would like to know how many times people said POWERFULL ROM not NICE ROM and if your aim is how the rom looks so, that`s something that i didn`t know . i feel pitty for those how bought a htc hd2 just for damn eye candy ! i hope your fans wont feel petty for what you said like i do . just have a look on my simple mobile interface ... sorry but mine doesn`t look like a highend phone ... isn`t it ?

wow its pbvious your another one that doesnt read very well it states quite clearly in the OP ......I build my ROMs with four main goals.

Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
Speed !!!
Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
Stability through private beta testing before public release

see there EYE CANDY ......... and its obious you like eye candy also because your cm7 pics you posted are full of eye candy ..i know Tyweens rom comes with the stock look and nothing against Tyweens Typhoon rom cause it is the best cm7 rom out there
so untill you actually know what your talking about please refrain from posting in this thread
and really ..your gonna try coming on this thread and Bash the Dev
so follow your own words and move along this isnt the rom your looking for

pee-wee

Apr 3, 2010
Around Your Connections
Xiaomi Mi A2

Why don't you make thread to get open vote above these ROMs???

And... I just want to ask 1 queation...
Have you build your own ROM for your device?????????

Every developers here has respect each other, note it :)

Sent from my Desire HD

maestropetr

Apr 20, 2007
Southend on sea
wow its pbvious your another one that doesnt read very well it states quite clearly in the OP ......I build my ROMs with four main goals.

Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
Speed !!!
Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
Stability through private beta testing before public release

see there EYE CANDY ......... and its obious you like eye candy also because your cm7 pics you posted are full of eye candy ..i know Tyweens rom comes with the stock look and nothing against Tyweens Typhoon rom cause it is the best cm7 rom out there
so untill you actually know what your talking about please refrain from posting in this thread
and really ..your gonna try coming on this thread and Bash the Dev
so follow your own words and move along this isnt the rom your looking for

I could not say it better m8 nice one

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
... these last two posts ... i was expecting to be in my private message list ... anyway , unless you want to give a warning to those who are grabling all around here ... . i`ve got your message buddy and i will be out of , chill out , and i will think about your ideea with that thread and with that rom of mine ... so long , i move along !

slamming_sammy1

Feb 13, 2007
So basically my ROM looks like a pretty doll and your CM7 ROM makes you feel like a man ? Hmm.... Maybe I'm gay and never realized it. Funny though, I like women... and blue obviously :)

I have to admit that I like CM7 sometimes, for its sheer speed, simplicity. But then again.. that's NOT why I bought a highend HTC phone.I bought it for the eye candy, animation effects, beauty :) Otherwise I would bought a cheap ass motorola phone or something.

How do you make your phone look like yourself ? Do you look like an HTC phone ? lol

Well of course.. these ROMs are not designed to run on these phones. Far from it. The kernels are far from optimized to run on an HD2. Remember, the HD2 never had Android on it natively :)

I like MIUI. I might....

It's a known problem with the HD2. I think some of the devs got BT voicecommands working reliably. I'll try to incorporate that in the next ROM. It'll require a kernel change though... tyung's.
yes you're exactly right, that's what I pointed out on an earlier post, is that some other roms (i noticed the tytung kernel ones) works regarding this BT audio control problem, but funny thing is, most of these roms are very light and there aren't much features/apps built in natively and i have to search all over to download them, etc. and I really like how yours is pretty full featured. anyway, this one works (and also the typhoon cm7 works as well):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905060
NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.1a (GRK39F)(Android 2.3.6)[tytung_r12]

thanks for all your hard work! can't wait for this to be fixed.

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
... these last two posts ... i was expecting to be in my private message list ... anyway , unless you want to give a warning to those who are grabling all around here ... . i`ve got your message buddy and i will be out of , chill out , and i will think about your ideea with that thread and with that rom of mine ... so long , i move along !

why would you expect it in a private message
you chose to openly post in this thread and attempt to bash the OP
i think it is only fair everyone gets to see the responces

Thank You and have a great day

Alex Law

Jun 11, 2008
Battery Question

Hi All

Installed the 9-28 rom for Tmobile USA, I just noticed that my battery stop charging itself after a few minute I plug it in. I thought it has something to do with the battery but it appears not the case after I tried to charge my OEM battery thru my phone.... Does anyone experience similar issue? If so, please let me know. I will try to do a clean install later today and see if that will resolve the issue and report back

Thanks everyone

AL

Jun 14, 2008
i had just flashed 9.28 Energy ROM coming from 9.26 Energy ROM. now i cannot supercharge it! when i use script manager and proceed to the location of the 99supercharger it shows forbidden! it's the first time that it happened to me.

bx10r

Apr 9, 2010
can anyone provide the link for supercharger. Cant seem to find it. Is it hard to install and set up?

spideragos

Jan 23, 2010
Italia
First of all congratulations for the excellent work. Currently I have a rom cm7 and now I want to try this with the sense. For Italy, I have to change some parameter or is it ok?
Sorry for the incorrect English.
thanks

jaedolla

Jul 28, 2006
sad!

xanthrax ... i would like to know how many times people said POWERFULL ROM not NICE ROM and if your aim is how the rom looks so said:
Sorry dude but that rom you are using does not any where close to a high end phone rom.... Haha... Looks like a hot mess.....! Lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New%20Short%20Lineup%20%2828%25%29%20-%20HTC%20HD2%20Sense%203.5%20NAND.png

Welcome to the "Energy" ROM thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC HD2 !

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

ROM Features

• Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
    • Rosie transparency... modded
    • Blue overscroll
    • Blue highlights instead of green
    • Deodexed, zipaligned, tweaked
    • Extra Quick Settings
    • Improved SD card read ahead
    • Busybox + runparts, TitaniumBackup
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipaligns apk's at boot
    • A few HTC Apps removed, like HTC Navigation and some widgets
    • A lot of junk removed
    • clK and MAGLDR supported in ROM ZIP file
    • TMOUS or EU model supported in ROM ZIP file
    • Updated hosts file for ad removal
    • RCMix Tweaks built in!
    • Dr Dre beats support as well as the normal Dolby, SRS and EQ support !
    • A lot more stuff... check the changelog below
    • Fast... Stable.. and GREAT battery life

Please visit this thread for all your questions and answers about this ROM, especially if you can't post here yet!

Please setup a 380MB system partition to use this ROM, on TMOUS handsets.

If you have an EU HD2 (not Tmobile) have a 1Gb ext(2 or 3) partition ready on your SD card and choose the "EU" option when prompted during installation.

Screenshots of the Runnymede Sense 3.5 build

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-43.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-54.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-08.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-28.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-47.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-53-48.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-11.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-26.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-39.png

Downloads and Changelog

• New Kernel from marc version 0.2.3+
    • Fixed SRS sound processing in HTC Music
    • Fixed Robo voice issues (maybe!)
    • GREATLY improved camera recording quality in 480p
    • Increased amount of RAM available
    • Unique MAC address for Wifi (the original mac of your device)
    • Fixed wifi tethering (through external app)
    • Increased sound volume during calls
    • DSP manager still in

• Added touch screen Aroma ROM installer + touch screen file manager in recovery
    • Fixed display of ROM build date
    • Changed a few more framework graphics
    • Fixed playback of WMA and other file formats supported

• Fixed 480p recording with Sense Camera. Now using hardware MPEG4 acceleration.
    • Changed minimum sleep CPU speed to 128Mhz to improve battery life in standby

• Fixed CLK Data issues (stupid build.prop issue)
    • Enabled Smooth Scrolling Mod by disabling scrollingcache in framework
    • Changed CPU governor to SmartassV2 for better battery life
    • Removed OC Daemon and I recommend leaving it off and let the kernel handle that job
    • Added Sense 4 style keyboard
    • Optional Sense 4 clock widget
    • Fixed Polaris Office app
    • Fixed and enabled option to toggle 4G/H icon (default to H now)

• Added swipe to dismiss on notification manager
    • Cosmetic changes to notification manager
    • Fix tabs white text not easily readable
    • New framework graphics for a more consistent/professional look

• SD Card read ahead buffer values optimized
    • Nice DSP manager with more options
      biggrin.gif
    • Sense 4 graphics elements throughout ROM (more to be done...)
    • Revised Tweaks application (mainly remove stuff that didnt work due to RCTeam's taking their addons server down)
    • Black Sense 4 style dialer !
    • Chainfire's SuperSU instead of Superuser for root access..
    • Updated all apps and apks to current releases

• Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Small framework tweaks

March 15th, 2012 (3.15.2012.SensationXL)

• Marc's new 0.2.0 kernel is in !
    • andrev_oc daemon settings slightly tweaked for new kernel
    • Updated all apps and apks to current releases
    • Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Faster camera
    • Small framework tweaks
    • ENJOY! :)

------
    Trimmed !
    ------

• Initial release

Download here

Credits:

- Thread graphics, screenshots made by George McKinnis Jr.! Thanks buddy!
    - to LeeDroid, birgertime, baadnewz, Sergio for great ideas
    - dsixda for his amazing kitchen
    - flemming for his M10Tools
    - brut.all for the apktool
    - langthang for always being a Pioneer!
    - And all other great devs that share their work for free!
    Flashing instructions

Advanced Users:

For the SDEXT version, you need a CWM layout of 5/200/5. If your phone doesn't boot, try a higher than 200 partition.

For the regular version, you need a system partition of 380 MBs.

Begginers:

Follow the instructions below to flash the ROM for the first time.. if you're coming from a Windows Mobile based HD2. It's recommend to have your SDCARD ready with my ROM loaded on it already.

1. Download and install MAGLOADER.

Download and unpack MAGLDR1.13 from (http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/HD2Tools/DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar)

Once downloaded unpack the MAGLDR package with your favorite tool. WinRAR or 7zip recommended. Go to the folder where you unpacked the MAGLDR package and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe. Check the checkmarks and hit next to flash, just like you would flash a Windows Mobile ROM.

The phone will reboot and go to the multi colored bootloader screen. After the flash is complete it will reboot and go IN to the MAGLDR. You'll see a text menu with 12 options. Go to Option 5 (USB Flasher) and hit the Green Send key on your device. It will put MAGLDR in flasher mode and wait for a USB connection. Let it sit on this screen for now...

2. Setup system partition and install Clockworkmod recovery

Download the HD2Toolkit. You can click here to get it > http://nrgz28.sylvester20007.com/HD2Tools/hd2_toolkit_setup.exe (original thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783 )

Run the installer and install it. Now, after you open the HD2 Android Nand Toolkit, it will look like the screenshot at the bottom of this post.

Now... if you have TMobile USA phone (with green/red buttons at the bottom) then choose a custom partition size and just click Repartition in the bottom left corner. After that.. input 380 for size.

If... you have a device with all white buttons at the bottom (an european/asian model) then choose Custom on the left hand side and input 200 in the box that pops up after you hit Partition.

Now you get a green "DFT" screen.

Hit Next until it asks you to put the phone in USB Flasher mode. The phone should already be in USB Flasher mode from step one. The progress bar will go back and forth while the phone is being setup. Hit Finish when it's done.

The phone will reboot on its own and go back to the main Magloader screen with all the options.

3. Flashing the Energy ROM

Now pick Option 8 and go to "AD Recovery". Magloader will load the ClockworkMod Recovery where you can flash your ROM. This is the place to go when flashing future ROM updates or "patches". To get to this screen after you load a ROM, you have to keep the Power key pressed down as you turn the phone on. You don't have to do that now, however.

Now I assume you have my ROM on the sdcard already. If not, take it out and transfer it through your computer or card reader.... and plug it back in to the phone.

If you have a TMobile USA phone, you can skip this section and go straight to installing the ROM below... If you have the euro/asian model continue to read.
    Go to the Advanced menu and pick Partition SD Card. Pick a size of 1024M and let it do its thing. Make sure it doesn't error out. If it didn't, continue to flash the ROM below... Make sure to copy the ROM zip back to the SD card by using the "mount USB storage" feature of the recovery.

Go to
    "Install Zip from sdcard" in the menu options and hit the Send key. Then choose "choose zip from sdcard" using the volume keys on the side and hit the Send
    key again. Pick my ROM from the list and hit the Send key again. Pick "No", hit Send. Now the ROM is flashing...

When it's done, hit the Back key. "Reboot system now" is selected. Just hit the Send key to reboot the phone and boot the ROM !

4. Booting up Android for the first time

The phone should now be rebooting and the Magloader screen will briefly show up....
    Towards the bottom the words Go! GO! GO! will show and then you'll see the NRG logo which means the kernel is booting up. Wait a few minutes and the phone will
    be ready to play with...

5. Enjoy your new operating system !
    FAQ and compilation of useful posts

If you would like to regain the ability to end a call when pushing the red hardware button look at the post below and flash the appropriate file

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18922016&postcount=3780