[KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix

Search This thread

obin.arssy

Dec 10, 2012
White Lines after flashing twrp from auto rec LG G2 D802

This is a thread for devs to use these in their KK Roms. Do not just flash this in recovery with any random KK rom. Wait for devs to release new Roms :)

Hello everyone..
I have bought my Lg g2 d802 few days ago and when I tried to root it and install recovery using autorec the phone screen went black after rebooting into recovery and still in that state.. no led, no download mode , no recovery nothing else just white lines on left corner.... I tried it to get its software repair but they said that the lcd has been fused and need to be replaced ...
I tried to connect it to pc and it is showing marshall london adb interface and in another pc it is showing Android with yellow mark which turned in to Android adb interface after installing drivers from internet
I tried fastboot.exe and adb.exe but no device found error in adb mode but some commands working as fastboot..
I want to know is there a Hardware problem or it is a software issue??
Kindly help me to fix this issue...:(

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 174

pmauzao

Jul 7, 2011
Need help please, after downgrading from LP to kitkat the screen went all white with stripes, i don't see how to enter recovery anymore...
What should i do?

I've managed to enter recovery but its the same, just vertical white stripes...

Last edited:
G

GuestD0025

Hi, @Cloudyfa

How can I flash the JDI kernel when the display is completely filled with the white lines and I cannot see anything?

w6tY2he.jpg

Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name.

For Devs:
You should make another version of your kernel to fix that issue for those using JDI panel. By using this cmdline appending:
"mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_jdi_cmd" instead of
"mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_lgd_cmd"

For Users:
Show your favourite Dev this post and he'll know what he should do in order to fix the issue.
If you're using Stock kernel, flash these kernel instead: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14480

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock KitKat Kernel

Info
    You guys already know our G2's issue with LG's official KitKat upgrade. It forces us to use the new bootloader which is loki-killer, that means no custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz), no custom kernel anymore. Right now there's no way to bypass that new bootloader in order to install those stuff. Anyway we still have a workaround to deal with that issue by patching the new kernel so it can work with the old bootloader (which still has loki support) thanks to @JackpotClavin, @Savoca, @xdabbeb​

Upgrade to KitKat
    For best experience with KitKat, you should follow these steps:
    • Upgrade to KitKat first (KDZ/TOT/OTA)
    • Root by ioroot25
    • Use AutoRec to have recovery
    Then you can flash any ROM you like

*D801 must root before taking KitKat OTA

Return To JellyBean
    It's real simple when you wanna return to your old ROM or your NAND backup (JB base). All you need is downloading the old JB Baseband and flash it, then your ROM / backup. You can find old JB Baseband here in @autoprime 's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451426

White lines issue
    Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name. More info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52414185&postcount=122

Download

*Special thank to all the DEVs here in XDA that involved in the KitKat research.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix, a Kernel for the LG G2

Contributors
    Cloudyfa, Savoca
    Kernel Special Features: Working with Old Bootloader

Version Information

Created 2014-03-14
    Last Updated 2014-05-04
    Stock kernel patched with Knock Code supported:

D802: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14195

I and @Savoca will try to adapt this KC to other variants soon.
    Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name.

For Devs:
    You should make another version of your kernel to fix that issue for those using JDI panel. By using this cmdline appending:
    "mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_jdi_cmd" instead of
    "mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_lgd_cmd"

For Users:
    Show your favourite Dev this post and he'll know what he should do in order to fix the issue.
    If you're using Stock kernel, flash these kernel instead: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14480
    Any chance for LS980??

D803 sources are out on lg

Sent from my LG-D803
    In progress :)
    @Cloudyfa Now that d803 KitKat has been released, can we have patched kernel and new modem as well?
    I have extracted bin files with firmware extractor but don't know how to extract further to img file for submitting here, to save you from downloading 1.6gb file.

Sent from my LG-D803
    Maybe, please pm me the modem.bin and boot.bin you extracted.