[Q] Micromax Fun Book Development?

Should i start a thread with all the procedure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

varunmehra5

Dec 30, 2010
New Delhi
Hello Everyone,

As you all know that Micromax has launched a new android tablet which is actually a copy of Chinese Tablet Ployer Momo9. I have ordered one from Snapdeal for 6499.

The tablet features-

1.22 Ghz of Allwinner A10 CPU, 512 MB RAM, and A Dual Mali 400 GPU.

Other than it is is running Android 4.0.3 on it, My Question is is someone going to develop ROMS and Customizations for this Tablet?
:D

shazmekool

Sep 25, 2008
Someone should really start working on unlocking 3G devices on micromax funbook..ROMs are desirable but it runs latest ICS so not much desired at the moment. Unlocking is a need for now. Hope people find a solution :)

deepsal

Oct 2, 2010
mind telling me how did you went into the recovery mode? and which softwares did you use?

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
pleas help us

some one please develop custom rom....the original rom sucks......full of bugs....plz help us

deepsal

Oct 2, 2010
i can develop a custom rom i guess did one for jetroid years back we had ported android 2.2 on samsung jet :) i tried but i cant get my tablet to go in the recovery mode :)

varunmehra5

Dec 30, 2010
New Delhi
Custom ROMs, Recovery and Root

I can help you people to install CWM 5, Root the tablet and install a custom rom, I did all that to my tablet. But you'll have to back up the original rom and upload it i want that desperately:)

akhilkapila

Nov 22, 2011
New Delhi
The 3g dongle support can be added. I just did some research and found out that its not locked with the tata photon device its just that the drivers of that dongle are present on it. We just have to find a way to integrate other 3g dongle drivers.

Its not an easy thing but i told what i came to know.

Reactions: sspunkky

varunmehra5

Dec 30, 2010
New Delhi
The 3g dongle support can be added. I just did some research and found out that its not locked with the tata photon device its just that the drivers of that dongle are present on it. We just have to find a way to integrate other 3g dongle drivers.

Its not an easy thing but i told what i came to know.

I saw a custom rom with inbuilt list of supported dongles.

varunmehra5

Dec 30, 2010
New Delhi
The tablet is actually OEM of ployer momo9 i have successfully installed CWM5 and gained root using a script i found on another forum. The script is safe to use and enables us to install CWM.

anchit_89

Aug 21, 2009
New Delhi
Plz. Help

using stock ROM micromax funbook... had rooted it successfully using sparkyroot method. Due to fiddling around with the device and loosing the backup i lost root, reset the tab and now unable to root it using the same method... su binary doesnt update, is probably damaged...tab works fine but cant install apps that need root access.

has anyone tried flashing the ROM listed on that page as the user above me has brought to our notice...

new user so cant post link...refer link in above post.

plz. help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news for my fellow funbook users. As i can see there is a lot of demand for the original Firmware. I am going to provide you with the links at last.

Below are the Links

http://www.mediafire.com/?p8erf0m3unewfd1 Part 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycjila50yw0fkdn part 2

Important Things to be mentioned:

1. This is a ClockWork Mod Backup file so no experiment if you nothing about it.
    2. The firmware is intact with just some scripts run which are necessary for me to take the backup.
    3. Last but not the least its your own risk to use this file. Please no blames. I am just helping.( Trust me nothing will happen)
    Hope This Helps all you People.

Instructions to Use if You are new:

1. First Download both the files and put them in the dame directory.

2. Extract the files and it will give you a folder like 2012-04-30.10.03.42

3. Put the extracted folder Into Clockworkmod backup folder so it will look like this

Clockworkmod>backup>2012-04-30.10.03.42

4. Boot into Clockworkmod by first switching off your funbook and then while pressing the Home/Options Key press the power key

5. Navigate into Clockworkmod with the volume keys(navigation Keys) and select the backup and restore option with the power key(Selection Key)

6. Then select the restore option after that and you will see the backup file naming 2012-04-30.10.03.42

7. Select the file and you are done. After the completion of the restore press the back button and select the Reboot Device option.

8. Do a factory reset after the restore for best results.

I hope the instructions are well explained. If you still not know what to do then don't hesitate to ask but do not try until you know what you are doing
    Hello Everyone,

As you all know that Micromax has launched a new android tablet which is actually a copy of Chinese Tablet Ployer Momo9. I have ordered one from Snapdeal for 6499.

The tablet features-

1.22 Ghz of Allwinner A10 CPU, 512 MB RAM, and A Dual Mali 400 GPU.

Other than it is is running Android 4.0.3 on it, My Question is is someone going to develop ROMS and Customizations for this Tablet?
    :D
    If you want development on a device then dig in and do it. The info is out there. This site to help people learn not have things done for them.
    Ohk guys, i am a noob at android, looking for a few answers

1. Why do i need to flash my Funbook?
    2. What does it mean to actually flash a device?
    3. How do i flash my device ?
    4. Will i loose my data ? How should i backup all of it, incase the device creates probs after flashing!

Ans 1 : you only need to flash your funbook when you want to install new Roms

Ans 2 : Flashing a device means installing a new operating system in the device which are called Roms in case of the Android Devices

Ans 3 : There is no need for a tutorial if you dont want to flash your device but if you change your mind you can refer to the links provided in some previous posts regarding the flashing help.

Ans 4 : Yes you wil loose all of your data when you flash your device. In case after a flash your device doesnt work you just need to repeat the process of flashing. This will make your devise work 99%.:):)

Dont hesitate to ask for further help.