[Q] Sprint Flex stuck on Fastboot.

Search This thread

panduhcub

Feb 9, 2014
HI ALL,

I have successfully rooted my HTC and Samsung devices before but I am very new to LG phones.

I did root with ioroot22 (worked perfectly).
Then I attempted to install CWM with flashify app.

But in the process I flashed CWM incorrectly (I think)

When I boot phone I am just stuck in fastboot black screen.

Am I screwed? Seems like Sprint TOT or KDZ files are not available yet.

Anyone know what I can do to get phone working again. Any help is very much appreciated

Please note I can get into CWM when I press - & power but can't really do anything beyond that.

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
So you are actually able to get into recovery and use it? What happens when you try to make a back up? Does it let you? I know these questions don't help you. I could probably upload the factory recovery and we can try to put it back on in fastboot mode

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Seems you should be able to get your kdz file from LG.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Repace xxx with your 15 digit imei.
resultant page has a url about half way down. Use that and it downloads your firmware from LG.

Haven't tried but you could maybe use this installer to reflash:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2134192
Best of luck

there is a thread for return to stock with full instructions and links for files & tools courtesy of hyelton:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50308273

Last edited:

panduhcub

Feb 9, 2014
Re: Phone is back. Up and Running!!!!. Thanks wolfgart

So you are actually able to get into recovery and use it? What happens when you try to make a back up? Does it let you? I know these questions don't help you. I could probably upload the factory recovery and we can try to put it back on in fastboot mode

Yea that didnt work, i think i damaged my my OS.

To the other poster, mrphil101, putting my IMEI didnt work on that website. Dont think LG has publicly released the kdz file yet.

Regardless, i was able to bring life back into my phone with the help of a member name, wolfgart. He was able to somehow provide me both the .tot & .dll for my sprint variant.

If you guys need any help on LG phones, he is the man.

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
How were you able to get in touch with him? I think he is banned from trying to sale the tot files. I would gladly buy the tot file so that we could all have it

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yea that didnt work, i think i damaged my my OS.

To the other poster, mrphil101, putting my IMEI didnt work on that website. Dont think LG has publicly released the kdz file yet.

Regardless, i was able to bring life back into my phone with the help of a member name, wolfgart. He was able to somehow provide me both the .tot & .dll for my sprint variant.

If you guys need any help on LG phones, he is the man.

to bad...T-mo just released their phones too. Must be a sprint things. ISP's sure can hose things up with their firmwares, all that bloatware crap and untimely updates. I have been on nexus's for a long time; firmware and bootloader locks, I had forgotten how much of a pain they make it. But that said, this is the most satisfied I have been with a stock phone.

AldairGFlex

Feb 16, 2014
lets solve this out!

I have this same exact issue but with the att g flex. right after rooting my device i also tried the recovery and this black screen came on. i freaked out but after a few times it finally booted up. then i stopped messing with custom recovery. but the other day a software update came on my screen and it did not let me pick whether or not to update it just did it on its own. and said software rebooting. after that is was stuck on the same screen again.

[460] Fastboot mode started
[460] udc_start()
[570]--portchange--
[570]--reset--
[730]--portchange--
[950] fastboot: proccessing commands

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
if you are rooted you should never take an OTA update..

Mine updated without asking me I pulled my phone out of my pocket and the screen said your phone successfully updated I thoughts oh **** but all was fine still rooted and I'm running the 10l update. I'm on att though.

Sent from my LG-D950 using xda app-developers app

legnaz

Jan 7, 2012
stuck on fastboot

Pleas help. I am stuck on same fastboot screen. Holding power plus volume down doesn't work. Computer doesn't recognize it when connected. What can I do? Thanks. Oh and it's tmobile.

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Pleas help. I am stuck on same fastboot screen. Holding power plus volume down doesn't work. Computer doesn't recognize it when connected. What can I do? Thanks. Oh and it's tmobile.

Sounds dumb but I'll ask anyway have you tried holding power down and volume UP?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

killa7806

May 4, 2010
recovery help. sprint variant

I tried to flash twrp for my sprint variant g-flex. it will not boot into recovery so therefore i do not have a recovery i need the offical tot and .dll files so that i can reroot and start from scratch if anybody is willing to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you are rooted you should never take an OTA update..