titanium BackUp alternative?

Search This thread

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
OK tried to use titanium backup but it keeps force closing, anyone else having the same issue I am rooted. also if others are facing the same what is the best alternative to titanium please. ?

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
Titanium won't work on my play either.
I purchased pro for my hero, and i can install, but the application is just not available in the app draw.

My backup root installs and works fine but i just can't find how to remove the bloatware with it.

I do have root access so what can i use to get rid of what's app, postcard etc ??

NielDK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
Farum
Titanium won't work on my play either.
I purchased pro for my hero, and i can install, but the application is just not available in the app draw.

My backup root installs and works fine but i just can't find how to remove the bloatware with it.

I do have root access so what can i use to get rid of what's app, postcard etc ??

Did you also download the free version? Pro download is only the registration key! You need to install both.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

waz000000

Dec 11, 2006
leicester
See above you don't have to have root to read only to write.

most of the apps you will back up won't need write access check it out on the market or try it yourself :)

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium App

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
See above you don't have to have root to read only to write.

most of the apps you will back up won't need write access check it out on the market or try it yourself :)

AFAIK You need root to read from /system and /data/data/ but maybe im wrong. i know for a fact that you need root to even read /system. go check with a file explorer that dosent need root :)

waz000000

Dec 11, 2006
leicester
your right with what your say but for backup you won't need access you don't need to back up system apps anyway.

Dec 30, 2010
Guys. I repeat. Pro version is ONLY LICENSE that activates the free version. You need to install BOTH.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Correct and also you may need to turn usb debuging on if your having problems.
How to install Titanium backup pro on xperia play
1. Download and install Busyox after rooting
2. Download and install titanium backup
3. Download Pro Version key and install
4. Enable usb debugging (may not be neccessary works on my play without)
5. load program and enjoy

Top Liked Posts