[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

tatoo069sv

Mar 23, 2013
Thank you so much. I have rooted with the note 2 toolkit. Backed up with twrp. Now I think a rom is next. My first flash is scary as hell lol. After that I will be calm and trying them all.

Regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 13, 2012
Hello everybody. I've got a problem with ROM's not booting.

US Cellular SCH-R950

TL;DR: Installed PARANOIDANDROID with TWRP from GooManager, sticks on boot screen and won't start up.

Rooted with the ToolKit (what a fantastic piece of software, btw. I sent those guys some money. They deserve it.), installed CWM first as I have some minor experience with it. Installed WanamLite, after that it wouldn't connect to the network, and would reboot every minute or two, like you pulled the battery.

Recovered and the rebooting issue didn't go away. Had to flash back to stock with Oden. Never reinstalled Wanam. Tried out Avatar, got it working fine, but just didn't really like it. Went back to rooted stock for awhile.

Then I was poking around and liked the look of PARANOIDANDROID, downloaded that. Went to make a backup with CWM, and it was having mounting issues. Installed TWRP through the ToolKit, and it wouldn't back up either. I searched around here and found that people were installed TWRP through GooManager, I did that and was able to back up.

Now for my actual issue, Installed Paranoid and it won't boot. It loads the boot animation, and just stops there. I let it sit there on the boot screen for about a 1/2 hour. Any ideas what could cause this? I'd really like to try paranoid out.

tatoo069sv

Mar 23, 2013
quick theme query

I finally put my 1st rom on tonight :) lol. I have the Omega v15 rom now running. Could anyine please tell me if their themes are working with this latest version? I'm curious as I would really like to make it look more personal. Thank you.

Regards

juanq214

Jan 8, 2013
I finally put my 1st rom on tonight :) lol. I have the Omega v15 rom now running. Could anyine please tell me if their themes are working with this latest version? I'm curious as I would really like to make it look more personal. Thank you.

Regards

If u are looking for customisation, go with Simplistic Framework. That one offers a bunch of options to personalize your phone. Give it a try, it matches omega quite well. Any questions send me a pm

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tatoo069sv

gexpress

Mar 20, 2013
when I flash a custom recovery Philz touch will it also root my device? or flashing recovery and rooting are two different process?

juanq214

Jan 8, 2013
when I flash a custom recovery Philz touch will it also root my device? or flashing recovery and rooting are two different process?

F
Two different things, first you have to root your device, then the recovery, if you flash the recovery first you may brick your device, be careful

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2

tatoo069sv

Mar 23, 2013
I'm on omega v15 with jellybeans theme. I did a full wipe first and its amazing! ! I'm loving my new look.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

rubennd

Aug 14, 2011
monterrey
how can i remove the cwm recovery from my note 2? y rooted using the odin's method flashing the cwm, i have unrooted it by the full unroot option with the supersu, hope somebody can help me, as fas i have readed options is by flashing the stock firmware again by odin, but i just want to be sure what im doing, im from mexico, im still on stock firmware (from telcel)

Nekronoctis

Mar 23, 2013
how can i remove the cwm recovery from my note 2? y rooted using the odin's method flashing the cwm, i have unrooted it by the full unroot option with the supersu, hope somebody can help me, as fas i have readed options is by flashing the stock firmware again by odin, but i just want to be sure what im doing, im from mexico, im still on stock firmware (from telcel)

maybe you can extract the stock recovery.img from stock firmware or download it from somewhere else and flash it with odin...

UPDATE:
found something on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVyQRdsnaA ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rubennd

rubennd

Aug 14, 2011
monterrey
ok so far as i have been reading all post/threads here, just to be sure of what im going to as im kind of noob with rooting and everything on the note 2, i rooted my phone, then unroot it as i need to take it to warranty, but the counter says 1, and the system update says it has been modify, so here im in the noob friendly thread to ask haha lol, ok, just to be sure that i'm in the right way, as right i dont have root, first i need to be root again, then with the triangle away app make the flash counter back to 0, once that i have done that, i need to make the settings of the phone back to "normal" and not "modified" right? as i need first to make the counter back to 0 to make the settings to normal, once i have done that, now i can install the latest telcel mexico firmware by odin, (without unrooting first? or i need to unroot?) if i dont unroot my phone, flashing the firmware will unroot it and remove the cwm recovery, am i following the instructions correctly or im missing something else?

Cruzfire

Feb 26, 2013
Vitoria
You have to flash stock,root,put the counter at zero with triangle away,flash stock again.Play around for a litlle and now your satus should be official.When you flash stock you get stock recokery to.
Suerte mi hermano.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubennd

rubennd

Aug 14, 2011
monterrey
You have to flash stock,root,put the counter at zero with triangle away,flash stock again.Play around for a litlle and now your satus should be official.When you flash stock you get stock recokery to.
Suerte mi hermano.

thanks, it work, now it says official and it does work the update settings on the phone, about de counter i will reset it to 0 when i take the phone to warranty if needed as i wont be needing to take it for now as i thought, thanks again

Manthan.7730

Jan 22, 2013
Bhubaneswar
OC Kernel

i v instald the oc kernel,
worked fyn bt it desabld my camera
when start it shows me a msg "camera error"
why is it so?
i v flashed the OC kernel on omega rom...

csc1969

Sep 9, 2007
I have the last update on my device. I have root my device and when I trying reset counte with triangle away it's failed and staying count 1.
Can you help me.
Sory for my poor english

Sent from my GT-N7100

csc1969

Sep 9, 2007
I do it I have accept permission of supersu for triangle away app but failed to reset counter

Sent from my GT-N7100

A0_o

Nov 3, 2012
Riyadh
Screen Protectors

Which is the best screen protector have this Features
Anti-scratches
Anti-fingerprints
THANKS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"