0nebukadnezar0

Nov 15, 2010
OnePlus 3
Hi Pawitp,

no, I cannot get the device online with adb:

d:\_software\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
015c7d7a4623fc07 offline

I've tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers, but nothing help. Also with adb over the network the status is offline.

The logcats have been recorded with catlog, and no, I wanted to wait if you could find something in the logcat before to wipe the data, but I have no other choice now.

But through my different test, the random reboot has something to do with WLAN, most of the time, directly when WLAN is activated, the tablet reboot.

Did you record the logcat using adb on your computer? You must use adb as that is the only way to get the latest log before it reboots.

Also did you try wiping/factory reset?

Last edited:

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Hi Pawitp,

List of devices attached
015c7d7a4623fc07 offline

I've tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers, but nothing help. Also with adb over the network the status is offline.

The logcats have been recorded with catlog, and no, I wanted to wait if you could find something in the logcat before to wipe the data, but I have no other choice now.

But through my different test, the random reboot has something to do with WLAN, most of the time, directly when WLAN is activated, the tablet reboot.

Try to upgrade your Android SDK / ADB to the latest version, there were some ADB modifications with Android 4.2.2 :)

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hi Pawitp,

List of devices attached
015c7d7a4623fc07 offline

You need an updated version of adb to use with Android 4.2.2's secure adb. If you have the new adb installed, when you plug the device in, there will be a message on your device's screen asking if you want to allow the computer to connect or not.

atamig

May 23, 2011
Berlin
Please try replacing the files from a working build like I've said earlier and tell me if it solves the problem or not.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes, i have the same problem. Every Morning I have a SOD with the latest CM nightlys or RCs. I have installed the Rom on a A701. I have then no 3G but it is Ok. This problem have I not with the first nightlys from CM.

Now I have installed a first Rom from (from 13/03/17) Odiv. Here has I not the problem.

Gesendet von meinem A701 mit Tapatalk 2

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Yes, i have the same problem. Every Morning I have a SOD with the latest CM nightlys or RCs. I have installed the Rom on a A701. I have then no 3G but it is Ok. This problem have I not with the first nightlys from CM.

Now I have installed a first Rom from (from 13/03/17) Odiv. Here has I not the problem.

I'm not sure if this is compatible with the A701...

Vote for i9300 support in next cm version: http://xplod.fr/poll/
Tapatalked that shiznit.

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok

Can you find what what is the latest nightly that doesn't have the problem? Odiv's build doesn't count since he doesn't release source and thus I don't know what he has put in there.

atamig

May 23, 2011
Berlin
I check this.

Edit :

I have installed the version from 13-03-03. In hope I have in the next morning no BOD.

Last edited:

0nebukadnezar0

Nov 15, 2010
OnePlus 3
Hi Pawitp, have updated to the latest addition add version, but the tablet was still offline. Now I have wiped the data, and my a700 works like a charm. No issue anymore with WLAN, no random reboot after one day of use.

You need an updated version of adb to use with Android 4.2.2's secure adb. If you have the new adb installed, when you plug the device in, there will be a message on your device's screen asking if you want to allow the computer to connect or not.

Sent from my A700 using XDA Premium HD app

atamig

May 23, 2011
Berlin
Can you find what what is the latest nightly that doesn't have the problem? Odiv's build doesn't count since he doesn't release source and thus I don't know what he has put in there.

With this Rom I have after 8 hours standby an BOD: cm-10.1-20130303-NIGHTLY-a700.zip

I want test the next Rom but I cannot find this. Can you tell me another download location?
Thanks....

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

taiz

Jun 21, 2005
BKK
Last time I flash. I was change recovery from stock recovery to CWM 6.0.1.5
SOD problem and my tablet hang many time some time during WiFi activity running
Today I will try flash stock recovery back and
flash later (1306) build.

I'll post result after test a few day/

I was test on build 1306, SOD problem not occurs.
for my experience
last time I flash my recovery version 6.0.15
my A700 has a problem with SOD , ramdom reboot , hang on some activity.
I was rollback to stock recovery and flash using CWM v6.0.3.1 non-touch version via
"fastboot boot <recovery-image>" ,now every work find for me right now.
I play a lot of embedded devices like rasberry pi,other linux board using UBOOT.
I know recovery and bootloader use only boot time but this case I don't know why?

now I try today build (1706) and post result later.

Thanks.

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
If anyone has issues tethering to a phone running cm10.1 like I did, Trunkam posted a solution on the cm10.1 i9300 thread:
Just download jtether
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jaconet.fixtether
Works a treat for me! This tablet has always been able to tether, the issue was with my phone running cm10.1, somehow the app gets it to work the same as it would on original stock firmware. Hopefully this information may be useful to anyone who had the same issue.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Grann0n

Nov 9, 2007
Hi all,

I need some help :silly:

I done the job to put the last CM10.1 on my device (I got it for my Galaxy S2 and I love it) from the recovery boot (cm-10.1.0-a700.zip + gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) but after the reboot, I got the circle CyanogenMod running and running whitout ending :(

What can I do (to flash for a nighly one or go back to Acer ROM) ?

Thanks for help

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Hi all,

I need some help :silly:

I done the job to put the last CM10.1 on my device (I got it for my Galaxy S2 and I love it) from the recovery boot (cm-10.1.0-a700.zip + gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip) but after the reboot, I got the circle CyanogenMod running and running whitout ending :(

What can I do (to flash for a nighly one or go back to Acer ROM) ?

Thanks for help

Try going back to recovery and do a factory reset, that should solve it. It will take a while to boot after that but shouldn't be longer than a minute or two.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

switchgott

Jan 22, 2007
Could someone post the tabletUI patch for stable release please?
Wont work for me :(

error: failed com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindowManager.smali in android.policy.jar cannot be remedied

mortenna

Nov 20, 2007
Fail flashing CyanogenMod

Hi
I am trying to flash the newest nightly.
But during flash/validating the error: "check.partition.size=__prop_undefined" comes up, and flashing stops.
Why is that? Is my external sd card too big, 32 gb.

I am new to this on my ACER, but i've had several HTC phones which i have been flashing roms on.

But this really sets me out.

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hi
I am trying to flash the newest nightly.
But during flash/validating the error: "check.partition.size=__prop_undefined" comes up, and flashing stops.
Why is that? Is my external sd card too big, 32 gb.

I am new to this on my ACER, but i've had several HTC phones which i have been flashing roms on.

But this really sets me out.

That's a strange error. What recovery are you using?

twinkybot

Jun 22, 2008
5 sec and then screen locks?!?!?

Hi,

although I set the timeout for the automatic lock of the screen to 30s it always locks down after 5s. Has anyone noticed the same behaviour?
I noticed this sonce nightly 2013-06-13
What can I do?
Can this be a side effect of an installed app? I only installed two video players to test and deleted them already. But the screen still locks after 5s :(
Sucks when reading...

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

WARNING: I've bricked my tablet into APX mode around the 10th time of flashing this ROM (recovery froze and it rebooted into APX). The new (Update 1) recovery should be safer than the old one, but flash at your own risk!

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device-specific source code for the Acer A700 are available from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_acer_a700 and https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

Downloads
    Latest Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=a700
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation
    1. Install CWM recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165 (note that the old touch version will not work because of incorrect default.prop from CWM builder)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Changelog
    A rough changelog is (will be) available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.1/a700 or http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=a700

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Note to Official JB Users

Jelly Bean bootloader is only supported on 201212023-EXEPRIMENTAL and later NIGHTLIES.
    @pawitp Is Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Android 4.3) realistic for our a700?

Sent from my rooted Acer Iconia A700 running IconiaN with Tapatalk HD

It'll probably eventually get it. I just don't have the free time right now to port it.
    Re: [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A700

I'm aware of that. did you already tried it and how does it look? does the image gets upscaled and filtered or how?

Run this from adb shell or root terminal

Code:
    am display-size 1200x800
    am display-density 160

Then reboot. Use this to restore original setting.

Code:
    am display-size reset
    am display-density reset

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
    Thank you for the logcat! I've triggered a test build with the fix. Please test if it works or not.

http://get.cm/get/jenkins/33597/cm-10.1-20130706-EXPERIMENTAL-a700-fcfix.zip
    Has anyone had success tethering to a phone? I've tried tethering my A700 to my GT-i9300 both running cm10.1 and though they connect using Wi-Fi hotspot and bluetooth tethering, internet only works when the i9300 is using Wi-Fi from my router. If my i9300 is on data and I try to open a browser or internet reliant app like Facebook, Gmail etc., on the A700, it tries to load unsuccessfully. I know others on the i9300 cm10.1 discussion thread have had success with other tablets. I couldn't find a tethering setting when on stock (A700) but would expect it to work if it works when my phone has a Wi-Fi connection to my router!

I tether from my Galaxy S1 just fine. Have you tried your accessing I9300's internet from another device (e.g. laptop) to verify that it is indeed providing a connection?

Has anyone tried LagFix/FStrim on their device running this version of CM? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grilledmonkeydonate.lagfix&hl=en

As a side note, any idea if it is possible, in the works, etc to get TWRP working on our device? Is it possible or easy to port it? I find it more user friendly for flashing the nightlies along with the Chrome Desktop patch, Sony Certificate Installer etc that I do along with every update.

FStrim will have no effect on our device since I've disabled TRIM support within the kernel, as it is this command that causes bricks on our device. (There is a bug in Samsung's EMMC firmware.)

Porting TWRP should be fairly easy to do.

EDIT: Attached. Not creating a new thread for this since I won't really be supporting it.

Code:
    DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 1920x1200
    RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
    TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/data/media"
    TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "data"
    TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/external_sd"
    TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "external_sd"