[DECOMISSIONED] Windows Mobile VI Pro - Black 2.0 [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jasjamming

Nov 7, 2006
In the Basement
THIS ROM IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED AND FUTURE BLACK ROMS WILL NOT BE RELEASED PUBLIC ON XDA_DEV. READ FROM POST 3 to REALISE WHY!

One thing noobs that have migrated from HOFO must realise - YOU CANNOT HAVE YOU CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!

Windows Mobile VI Pro – Black Edition 2.0
......................................from late night BOOTY CALLS to late night ROM Development

Only 10 hours sleep in the last week!

A BIG thanks goes to: walshieau (my late night ***** who can’t hold his drink), shogunmark, lollypop, ahlok_hk, pof, tripledes, mousey, oli, dutty, LegolasTheElf + the many testers !!!!

BETA’s are a thing of the past – Welcome to the REAL Dark Side of the World!
Build: 17740.0.2.0
AKU: 0.2.0
CE: 5.2.968
HEX EDITED ABOVE TO: CE 5.1.195 (17740.2.3.0) to enable Goodlink and BBconnect compatibility

So what is Black 2.0?
1. Firstly, Newest MOFO Build Available!
2. Windows Mobile Live (syncs also via WiFi)
3. New HTC Boot Splash
4. New WM VI Black Boot Screen
5. VOIP enabled
6. Removed Windows Customer Experience Annoyance (this piece of crap wasted ROM space, program memory, cluttered the registry and was also in the notification list – mofo!)
7. NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH SPB software as it’s a new Build
8. Removed Transcriber (we got a keyboard, so who needs this, but its in a cab if you do)
9. TaskMan + RegEdit, HTweakC, Softkey Manager, SMS Backup, and VJ utils still remain
10. Registry Hacks from v1.2 remain
11. Removed Windows Update
12. Removed MagicSS Screen capture due to popular demand.
13. 3G Video Dialer (enabled and disabled through HTweakC dialer skin option)
14. Default Pagepool of 6MB

See
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1180792&postcount=1 for differences compared to v.12.

Optional Applications for 2.0 (attached to this post)
1. WM VI Black Cyberon Voice Dial
2. WM VI Black Cyberon Voice Commander (taken from Dopod ROM) - this is similar to MS Voice Command except that it also reads emails
3. WM VI Black Pocket IE Card Cache
4. WM VI Black Transcriber
5. WM VI Black REMOVE CUSTOMER FEEDBACK ICON patch
----------------------------------------------------
To install, run the (.exe).

This is an OS ONLY upgrade, IPL/SPL/EXTROM/RADIO is not included.

Disclaimer: NO warranties! LETS keep this thread clean and only post messages regarding Black 2.0.

Dont know what you are doing? The see MRVANX upgrading guide
----------------------------------------------------
SICK OF READING, then DOWNLOAD ALREADY!!! (please mirror)

MAKE SURE YOUR WINDOWS XP MACHINE HAS .NET 2 FRAMEWORK INSTALLED. if not, download it from Microsoft and install it first before ROM Upgrade.

Don’t be afraid to make donations, they will be well spent on buying HARD LIQUOR and GETTING ****FACED (maybe get the wife some shoes too :) )

Black2-1.jpg

Last edited:

jasjamming

Nov 7, 2006
In the Basement
Here is a FAQ (kudos to Dean) for all you newb's, if yot ask a question that has been answered here you will be flamed (reminder, this is not HOFO, so dont make it seem like it is with useless posts):

mrvanx's install guide http://www.mrvanx.myzen.co.uk/hermes_guide/black/Black.html

Q: Can I install this rom on another PDA other than a Hermes?
A: No

Q: Will I lose everything when I upgrade?
A: Yes, Backup any files you need to your PC or SD card and write down any settings you may need.

Q: Can I do a full restore from a backup after I upgrade?
A: No, Its best to install all your apps again.

Q: Is this build RTM
A: Yes

Q: Can you build me this rom in X language?
A: No, look into this yourself or wait for a cheif to cook one in your language.

Q: Is WLM the beta release that has expired?
A: No, its the full release.

Q: Why the old pin pad?
A: Its a tradeoff for the cleaner H, 3g, E and G icons.

Q: Where is the transcriber?
A: Not installed to save space, CAB can be found on Page 6 #58 and post #1 above

Q: Where are the office apps?
A: By default on the start menu, to move them into programs goto settings|menus and untick Office Mobile

Q: How can i fix the wifi bubble prob and the commbutton vibrate toggle?
A: CABs posted on Page 9 #83 although there is an updated bubble fix floating about

Q: Where is Batti?
A: CAB posted on Page 9 #88

Q: Where can i find a fix for Slingplayer
A: Link posted on Page 10 #94 http://www.bestsharing.com/f/aeqzF240399

Q: Does pocket plus and weather work ok?
A: Yes

Q: How do I stop the X button closing my apps instead of minimising programs?
A: Use Task Manager in Settings|System

Q: Where is the GPRS disconnect button?
A: You can enable it in HTweakC

Q: How do I fix the Calendar softkey error?
A: Regedit \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112 from windows/lsk/htccalendar.exe to windows/calendar.exe

Q: I have Olipro's latest HardSPL but get an error during install "please be aware the flasher is intended solely for SPL 1.11 only and you must have 1.11 hard-SPL installed in order to flash any unsigned file"
A: Continue through this warning.

Q: How can i fix the new SMS softkey error?
A: exctact the exe from the zip file posted on page 26 #253 and copy it to the windows folder.

Q: I can no longer use Bluetooth DUN in this rom.
A: Use WM6's internet connection sharing instead.

Thanks Dean, now if you have questions, real questions or issues then post them in this thread, if not, then dont!

squirrel.jpg

Last edited:

2sheds

Jan 17, 2005
Sydney
Woohoo!!! After Black, I can't go....

Funny - I have been using Windows Mobile since the first WinCE devices which were....ummm....black and white...

remigi

Mar 7, 2007
so awesome... living in Australia... we get it first :):) well there goes the uni assignment for tonight! ahahha

Thanks mate! good old aussi thanks from the biggest city Adelaide.. hahahah

Just uploaded the file including all the three add one's to another mirror server for those who need speed!

http://www.trcit.com/the_new_black_by_jasjamming.rar

Credit to the original author called jasjamming.

Last edited:

tugas2khas

Dec 15, 2006
huhu... just finish upgrading/installing all the apps on .3des v2...
DOWNLOADING...

I don't care... because i believe this is the best meal i ever had... who can resist the new ham..eh. new rom

tugas2khas

Dec 15, 2006
super sweet. thanks. been waiting for this to give me phone a fresh install. are you going to do an installer with a radio/hardspl built in to it at some point soon?
I've just finish upgrading the .3des v2, using the guide from mrvanx; meaning to say, i have upgrade to HardSPL and radio v1.38... all with no problem...
Now, just reloading the page and say what??... In the few minutes... i'll be using the DOGPOOH IN BLACK!
Thanks jas...

pasper

Jul 10, 2006
Transcriber

I loved the transcriber - please bring it back in black....
Thanx for the great job!!

sjoerdvo

Apr 2, 2007
Windows Mobile 6 for I-mate SPL

Hello

How can I install windows mobile 6 on my I-mate spl?

Status
Not open for further replies.