NRG Weather 3.0 - "The pretty version..."

Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Is it normal not to have the current days high and low temp? I attached a screen cap.. Mon has no information below it..

It does that after the second half of the day usually. It's because weather.com doesn't provide the info anymore. You'll notice the same behaviour on the forecast panels as well. So that's.. normal I guess :)

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Yeah, there's a setting I missed in there. If you know what you're doing, add a registry key under HKLM\nrg\chomewethersettings called "Autoupdate" and set it to "N", for now.

Yep, that did the trick, for those in the same case the registry is HKLM\software\nrg\chomewethersettings.

Thanks Org

pyrotech

Jun 14, 2008
Columbus
It does that after the second half of the day usually. It's because weather.com doesn't provide the info anymore. You'll notice the same behaviour on the forecast panels as well. So that's.. normal I guess :)

yeah was going to post saying it showed up now.. but its now tuesday morning.. but thats stupid on yahoos part.. lol. oh well

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Yeah, I don't have an explanation why weather.com chooses not to display today's high lows after a certain time..but oh well... I can live with it :)

Here's the clock panel I just finished. I will be releasing this tomorrow, as an option, just like the LCD font based CPRs.

Attachments

• newclock3.jpg
    newclock3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 109

pyrotech

Jun 14, 2008
Columbus
Yeah, I don't have an explanation why weather.com chooses not to display today's high lows after a certain time..but oh well... I can live with it :)

Here's the clock panel I just finished. I will be releasing this tomorrow, as an option, just like the LCD font based CPRs.

looks really nice man.. does having it on the clock panel help for anything? or just another place to put it?

I am still having problems with the reload home screen.. it shuts off my phone service.. any idea why it would be doing it?

if the auto reload homescreen is off.. does that make the auto refresh weather useless? since it doesnt update the homescreen you need to do it by manually refreshing the weather.. so it seems kinda pointless to have it auto update weather if its not displaying the updated stuff

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
The reload the homescreen option is ONLY for the forecast panels. Your weather will update, even if you turn that off. And yes, the info on the clock panel IS just another place to put it :)

tf442

Sep 11, 2007
He's seeing that error because I commented out the "ErrorLevel" command for debugging purposes as I was rearranging the code. But if you get an error 502, that's usually a server error (bad gateway), not an error with my code. Are you connecting though a proxy.. like tzones ?

OrganicM.

Thanks again for your hard work on this great app. I am getting the error message quite a bit and is getting annoying. The update stops at 50%. If I try to update again it says I have no internet connection. If I go to internet explorer and open a web page and then go back and update, it works. This is using EDGE and having a good signal. Most days it will update fine 2 times and then it will error out on the next update.

Thanks

johmann

Jan 18, 2008
Hey Org! It's Tuesday . . . 45 cent wings all day :D Sorry, but I love that appointment that always shows up on your tuesday screen shots . . .

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
OrganicM.

Thanks again for your hard work on this great app. I am getting the error message quite a bit and is getting annoying. The update stops at 50%. If I try to update again it says I have no internet connection. If I go to internet explorer and open a web page and then go back and update, it works. This is using EDGE and having a good signal. Most days it will update fine 2 times and then it will error out on the next update.

Thanks

I know dude. It's been happening on mine all day yesterday. It seems that weather.com server is having issues. There's nothing we can do about it unfortunately. :(

kyniemxotxa98

Dec 10, 2007
Why would you try storage card when it specifically says NOT to install to the storage card, in the first post ? Post a screenshot if you can, otherwise I have no idea where to point you...

it just does'nt update the layout after i change it, i have it installed in the main memory. and the home screen is set to "sliding panel with weather".

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Well my app is specifically designed for the Excalibur. I am currently working on NRG Chome MINI Weather which is slimmed down a lot, and will only have ONE layout.. the 6 day layout. It will also display current temp and today's high lows in the Clock panel. But the cab size is 1/4 of what chome weather currently is. The app is done, I just have to debug it a little bit today as I walk around..... ;)

kron2

Mar 30, 2008
if thanks are being given out can I have some to I helped with the cpr. file lol

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2213693&postcount=230

no you thanked me and I love this app it works great on my phone just don't update like it supposed to but I can live with it
the 5 day weather is what I was looking for and I can't go to the clock slide it won't work with my new theme thx for all the hard work