[MOD]DI14 Eclair No Clock in Status Bar

Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
****THIS MOD IS FOR DI14 ECLAIR ONLY****

For those of you that use a clock widget like me and are annoyed by there being a clock in the status bar too, here's a handy mod to remove it. For those of you that are already using the ESKBL mod, this will nuke it, so I went ahead and made a batch of combo mods also. If you want to flash back, I also uploaded an undo package as well.

Here's an image
statusbar.jpg

As always, I am not responsible for what you do to your phones. You know the drill. Disable lagfix. Make a backup. Flash in recovery. Wipe Dalvik. Extra long boot time. If your erection lasts for more than four hours, seek medical help immediately!

Mesmerize:
NoClock
NoClock/10SecESKBLcombo
NoClock/20SecESKBLcombo
NoClock/32SecESKBLcombo
UndoNoClock

Showcase:
NoClock
UndoNoClock

I'll get the combos put up as soon as I get them working correctly.

Last edited:

droidzach

Dec 23, 2010
Monroe, WI
just installed this working great. I only did the no clock part took no time and now no double time haha... that was bad I know...

Swyped from my Mesmerize using XDA app

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
works like a charm...now only 1 clock!!! this makes using the clock widgets useful:D

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I can't seem to get this to work did I miss a step?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

You should just have to flash the package. Possibly wipe Dalvik cache if it's giving you problems, and reboot. It's just a modified services.jar for your framework. Which one are you trying to flash?

wmedlin

Nov 28, 2010
RockyMount
You should just have to flash the package. Possibly wipe Dalvik cache if it's giving you problems, and reboot. It's just a modified services.jar for your framework. Which one are you trying to flash?

I booted into recovery wiped delvik cash then installed the first no clock zip and still not working? I'm running the voodoo kernel but running stock rom for the most part.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I booted into recovery wiped delvik cash then installed the first no clock zip and still not working? I'm running the voodoo kernel but running stock rom for the most part.

OK, that's the problem. You have to be running a deodexed ROM. It can be completely stock, but it has to be deodexed. You can do this one of two ways. One, you can deodex your phone yourself using xUltimate v2.2.2. Two, you can use the Pick-n-Pack ROM and just install all of the extras and you will have a stock, deodexed ROM. Personally, I would just deodex your own phone so you don't have to go through a full flash. If you need help with that, I would be more then happy to help out.

wmedlin

Nov 28, 2010
RockyMount
OK, that's the problem. You have to be running a deodexed ROM. It can be completely stock, but it has to be deodexed. You can do this one of two ways. One, you can deodex your phone yourself using xUltimate v2.2.2. Two, you can use the Pick-n-Pack ROM and just install all of the extras and you will have a stock, deodexed ROM. Personally, I would just deodex your own phone so you don't have to go through a full flash. If you need help with that, I would be more then happy to help out.

That would be awesome if you have time.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
OK, this is working for the Showcase now. It seems that it always was, but I can't follow my own instructions sometimes and make sure my testers are running a deodexed ROM. lol

SO, make sure you are running a deodexed ROM or this won't work. PnP or super clean will work for sure.

C

Cimer

Hello, I was turned on to this thread via the XDA home. I was wondering if this would work on others phones?

Or would I just need to be a Guinea Pig? lol

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Hello, I was turned on to this thread via the XDA home. I was wondering if this would work on others phones?

Or would I just need to be a Guinea Pig? lol

It definitely would not work for other phones. The mod is made using part of the framework of the individual phones. In this case, I've used the Mesmerize and the Showcase.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****THIS MOD IS FOR DI14 ECLAIR ONLY****

For those of you that use a clock widget like me and are annoyed by there being a clock in the status bar too, here's a handy mod to remove it. For those of you that are already using the ESKBL mod, this will nuke it, so I went ahead and made a batch of combo mods also. If you want to flash back, I also uploaded an undo package as well.

Here's an image
    statusbar.jpg

As always, I am not responsible for what you do to your phones. You know the drill. Disable lagfix. Make a backup. Flash in recovery. Wipe Dalvik. Extra long boot time. If your erection lasts for more than four hours, seek medical help immediately!

Mesmerize:
    NoClock
    NoClock/10SecESKBLcombo
    NoClock/20SecESKBLcombo
    NoClock/32SecESKBLcombo
    UndoNoClock

Showcase:
    NoClock
    UndoNoClock

I'll get the combos put up as soon as I get them working correctly.
    Another great little tweak...thanks man!

No problem. Glad you like it.
    Where did you get that lock screen?

Widget Locker... it's a paid app in the market, but well worth the $2(?). I also run this app and it's great as it allows you to place widgets and apps on your lock screen