[Q] White Xperia Mini Pro Keyboard Issue - How bad is it?

Search This thread

Eddnav

Apr 23, 2012
Hello xda-developers community, I'm about to buy a new phone since my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music is just not cutting it anymore, and I have my eye on last year's Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, I fell in love with the white version but I've been reading about some sort of issue with the keys not being very easy to read under certain lightning conditions (backlight is white too), for those who have a white Xperia Mini Pro, how bad is it? does it make the keyboard unusable? lighten me up please :), the other complain I hear is the cover not being like the black's soft touchey surface, instead its glossy, but I dont have a problem with that since my phone already has that kind of surface on its back and I don't like the fact it gets smudged like hell, thanks in advance for your replies.

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Hello xda-developers community, I'm about to buy a new phone since my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music is just not cutting it anymore, and I have my eye on last year's Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, I fell in love with the white version but I've been reading about some sort of issue with the keys not being very easy to read under certain lightning conditions (backlight is white too), for those who have a white Xperia Mini Pro, how bad is it? does it make the keyboard unusable? lighten me up please :), the other complain I hear is the cover not being like the black's soft touchey surface, instead its glossy, but I dont have a problem with that since my phone already has that kind of surface on its back and I don't like the fact it gets smudged like hell, thanks in advance for your replies.

I used to have the white one, now I have the black. Wish I stuck to the white one. Looks nicer. The keyboard on the white is not unusable. It is just a bit harder to read during the daytime compared to the black one. You'll memorize the keys eventually.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

o0o.paw

Dec 31, 2011
Perth
White

Definitely get the white, it really does look so much better. Not being able to read the keyboard in certain lighting conditions does grate one the nerves a bit ( What was Sony thinking !!! ) .. if you can't see the letters just tilt the phone.. after a while you do remember where the keys are.
Having the keyboard is freaking great.. I won't get another android phone without one.. Love the size of the mini too.

miniProBhashi

Apr 24, 2012
Kandy
well, i have a black mini pro and i most surely dont have any problem with the keyboard. dont bother much cause you'll eventually get used to typing without looking at your keyboard like in a pc :)
p.s.
i'd preffer the black one though :D

kunnusingh

Dec 26, 2010
Sony Ericsson

To much problem, I don't know which mad person made Charger and useless white keyboard.

I face this problem with every Sony Ericsson phones.

1. Charger (Either wire is to small, different type of port so If your charger port broken then you need to visit to Sony Ericsson Company)
2. Low Quality Battery

I have a Xperia mini pro and I face this problems.
  • Can't read keyboard text in day light.
  • Charger wire is too small..
  • Poor Battery
  • Out-Dated Information - I read user manual and send a email to them and they reply me "This is Sony Department, please visit here to contact Sony Erricsson", I visit and can't find a way to send a email..

Sony Erricsson sucks, next time I will purchase only Samsung Mobile.
  • I purchase a Sony Ericsson from their offical shop and I receive only Bill without signed/authorized Warranty card..

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

P.S - Sony Ericsson Mini Pro - Made in China.. :mad::(:confused:

mail2parun

Apr 14, 2012
have my xmp white since a month and am loving it...white looks good and the glossy scratch proof back case is really good looking..yes battery back up WAS a problem for me till i logged onto xda aft that unlocking,installing custom rom and viola now battery life is really good...kudos to xda team developers..

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

dont worry abt the things u hav mentioned it wont be problem..u ll learn to type with ur eyes closed aft a while ;)if u lov the phone and its looks and plannin to get a phone in the same budget then don think twice jus get it ;)