Mime USA Ghost Glass for the HTC One [Review & First Impressions]

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of these glass screen protectors over something like a zagg which I am using now? The zagg will never scratch since it is self healing, plus lifetime warranty. Why would someone want a glass screen protector?

Because of the feeling. With a glass protector it feels like the natural glass. I tried one of the glass ones but got dust under it so I took it off. Too expensive if you mess up the installation. I usually just stick to the SGP Crystal protectors

I hate Zagg and protectors like that(Skinomi etc) because they make the screen have this almost rubbery feel to them.

Reactions: jeremyhilton

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Does anybody know if this is true, or if this is a typo?

If it even compares to the hardness of the Glas.tr at this price and thickness, then this is a great bet.

Most tempered glass is 8-9H, and on the Brinell scale glass is like 1550-1560 from what I remember from school. Seems legit.
Just a number really. No two will be identical on a microscopic level.

Last edited:

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of these glass screen protectors over something like a zagg which I am using now? The zagg will never scratch since it is self healing, plus lifetime warranty. Why would someone want a glass screen protector?

Self healing? Hah. That's a good laugh. I have the zagg on my phone right now while I'm waiting for my Mime Ghost Glass to arrive. I have a nice scratch running the width of the screen that has been there for over a week.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Ordered mine last Friday night. Got an email Saturday that it's on backorder. Hopefully it will still get here next week at the latest.

jeremyhilton

Jun 17, 2010
Ferndale, WA
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yup. But I am sure it'll will be worth the wait. They have truly great products and their customer service is outstanding.

I've heard the same but never used their products, I can't wait to try it out though. Hey what's your opinion regarding skins for our phone? I'm really leaning towards DBrand but looking for advice?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I've heard the same but never used their products, I can't wait to try it out though. Hey what's your opinion regarding skins for our phone? I'm really leaning towards DBrand but looking for advice?

I'm not sure how I feel about skins yet. I have had them in the past for different phones and they are good but not really my style. Definitely minimalistic though.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Alright I hear ya, I've always had bulky cases on my phones but really want to show off the ONE...

Yeah I don't blame you for that. I just have a nice hybrid clear case. Minimal bulk with enough protection to make me feel better.

jeremyhilton

Jun 17, 2010
Ferndale, WA
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yeah I don't blame you for that. I just have a nice hybrid clear case. Minimal bulk with enough protection to make me feel better.

I have a clear case as well that I intend to use with the skin at times as well, I will post pics of my finished project on here when I get it all setup...

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I have a clear case as well that I intend to use with the skin at times as well, I will post pics of my finished project on here when I get it all setup...

I look forward to seeing the final product. I'm always interested in new ways to change up the look of my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mime USA recently released their "Ghost Glass" screen shield for the HTC One. I have received and installed mine onto my phone.

[First Impressions]
    Let me start off by saying wow, this screen shield is superb. You honestly cannot tell it's on your device when you're looking at your screen. It is crystal clear as all glass shields should be. The oleophobic coating on this shield makes your screen feel outstanding. It feels smoother and more silky than the naked screen of the HTC One. Your finger quite literally just glide across the screen while you are using it. It's a truly incredible sensation. I can't really say how please I am with this shield right off the bat. Mime USA did an outstanding job on every aspect of this product from the packaging to the included content to the shield itself. Everything is outstanding. Shout out to Mime USA for doing their job so very well. (Link to product at bottom of post)

bute9aqa.jpg

a7abaze4.jpg

e9a8ygaj.jpg

yry8e4e5.jpg

egyna7an.jpg

As you can see in the pictures, the "Ghost Glass" features rounded edges to prevent chipping and only adds a mere 0.32 mm thickness while retaining a surface hardness of 9H. You may notice some small areas on the corners where the glass doesn't appear to have adhered to the screen. Mime USA says that these and any air bubbles you can't squeegee out will disappear within 2-3 days. Honestly I can't say I'm worried about those little bubbles on the corners. Even if they don't fully disappear, they are so small I don't even notice them while using my phone. Honestly I cannot find a single thing to complain about with this product and am very satisfied.

Hopefully this sort of mini review/first impressions will help anyone who is undecided about this product. And if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask them and either myself or someone else with this product can try to help you find an answer.

Thanks guys,
    Pure+

Here's a link to the product page- http://mimeusa.com/product/htc-one-ghost-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

Just so everyone knows they allow codes to stack

empire 5%
    12238 free ship
    42637 free ship + 10%

Sent from my M7 using xda premium
    Mine has officially arrived. Can't install right now as I am at work. I will post pics in my original posts and a mini first impressions review along with the pictures.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    Thank you for making this thread, Pure+.

I had never tried a glass screen protector, but I was intrigued when I first saw this thread go up. My Mime protector arrived yesterday and I applied it last night. As Pure+ mentioned in his review, it was extremely easy to install. I removed my Realook screen protector (which I wasn't too fond of), wiped the screen down, used the sticky film to make sure there were no lingering dust particles, and I simply laid down the Mime.

I can confirm that you can indeed peel the Mime back up (at least initially) if needed. I wanted the alignment to be absolutely perfect, so I had to shift it once.

Overall, this is much better than Skinomi or Realook. Air bubbles were almost nonexistent. Additionally, there is no rubbery feeling (duh!) and it is almost impossible to discern that there is any screen protector on the One at all. Just moving my finger across the screen feels like a substantial improvement over traditional screen protectors. :good:

Of course, finger prints are still an issue, but they wipe off much easier than they would on a traditional counterpart.

Self healing? Hah. That's a good laugh. I have the zagg on my phone right now while I'm waiting for my Mime Ghost Glass to arrive. I have a nice scratch running the width of the screen that has been there for over a week.