Unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 3 question.

Search This thread

Eyezayah

Jan 5, 2011
Hi Guys, I'm considering purchasing a Note 3 that's currently on ATT and having it unlocked to work on T-Mobile. Once I unlock it, when I am looking to have it rooted, do I follow the steps for T-Mobile root, or for ATT root? Also, when flashing roms, would I use a T-mobile or ATT kernel?

I have a lot of experience rooting devices, but have never tried rooting an unlocked device from a different carrier. Thanks for your help.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Hi Guys, I'm considering purchasing a Note 3 that's currently on ATT and having it unlocked to work on T-Mobile. Once I unlock it, when I am looking to have it rooted, do I follow the steps for T-Mobile root, or for ATT root? Also, when flashing roms, would I use a T-mobile or ATT kernel?

I have a lot of experience rooting devices, but have never tried rooting an unlocked device from a different carrier. Thanks for your help.

Follow the steps for the N900A (ATT variant). By following the directions for another device you're asking for a brick.

Rooting a locked or unlocked device is no different. The only difference may be differences in the EFS/NV items after a unlock which are completely separate from the system.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!

Reactions: Eyezayah

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy

Same here. Just bought an unlocked ATT Note 3 to use on T-Mobile.

To confirm, follow all the steps for ATT only yes?

Anyone have step by step instructions? Best ROM's to use for this scenario (Att Note 3 on TM), kernel links etc...

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You'll need to use everything from the AT&T section.

Edit: Ninja'd ^ :p

Follow the steps for the N900A (ATT variant). By following the directions for another device you're asking for a brick.

Rooting a locked or unlocked device is no different. The only difference may be differences in the EFS/NV items after a unlock which are completely separate from the system.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!