Trying to port a rom to my device, need some help.

Search This thread

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Hello all, Im in the process of learning how to build a rom from source, I've got a good Xubuntu setup running, got my android enviroment setup, and the source downloaded, now im having problems figuring out how to extract all the files need from my device (flo) to start building.

I was wondering if anyone out there with the knowladge had any time to spare to a hungry mind. I've googled a few pages, and videos, but none of them are working. Well, hopfully someone out there has the time, and is bored enough.:laugh:

a2441918

Inactive Recognized Developer / Senior Member
Jan 1, 2011
New York
anybody? maybe point me in the right direction?

Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

Sent from my SOKP powered Galaxy S 4 i9500.

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Download your device specific sources by addimg your device to a local manifest. Generally for nexus 7 i guess u need to add arnd 5 vendors nd a device tree nd kernel nd sync em up. Btw what rom r u trying to build?

thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source

a2441918

Jan 1, 2011
New York
thats what ive been trying to find, everything i try gives an error or just doesnt work, im trying to build evervolv, but they do not support flo, I was hoping to get some help porting, just to note, im doing this to gain some experience with source

Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

Reactions: Andromendous

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Do one thing. Go to galaxy s4 general forum. Page 2 nd search for x10 forevers. Go to the thread. U will have all info u need.

thanks for the help, however, i guess im just not experienced enough to know what to do, i would probably need someone to help guide me through this, unless someone is willing to help me, i think im just gonna call it a quits, thanks for the help though:confused:

a2441918

Jan 1, 2011
New York
thanks for the help, however, i guess im just not experienced enough to know what to do, i would probably need someone to help guide me through this, unless someone is willing to help me, i think im just gonna call it a quits, thanks for the help though:confused:
If you are really interested, ping me. I will give u my teamviewer id and password. Maybe u can see a hands on build of carbon rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.