Update to ICS available this morning

Search This thread

ED2O9

Sep 2, 2009
Same issue here. I'm running stock HC with a modified build.prop. I decrypted the posted updates, copies the Gen1 version to my SD card, restored my original build.prop file and rebooted. A second after the ROM flashing animation starts, it jumps to an image of the android with a yellow exclaimation point.
It reboots normally after that, but the update seems to be invalid. I've never used the decryption app before, but it seemed too quick. Approximately 5 seconds after starting the decrytion on a 193MB file, it says it's completed. Maybe that's normal.

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Same issue here. I'm running stock HC with a modified build.prop. I decrypted the posted updates, copies the Gen1 version to my SD card, restored my original build.prop file and rebooted. A second after the ROM flashing animation starts, it jumps to an image of the android with a yellow exclaimation point.
It reboots normally after that, but the update seems to be invalid. I've never used the decryption app before, but it seemed too quick. Approximately 5 seconds after starting the decrytion on a 193MB file, it says it's completed. Maybe that's normal.

The updates are incremental updates (notice the .p files), so the update files require the original version to be exactly what it is coming from (including build prop file). The update hasn't been released for the US gen1 that's available to us on the net. Just be patient or stick to a leak build although I wouldn't be surprised if vache gets a hold of a full gen1 software package soon either...

Sent from my XT860 running ICS

Vaste92

Mar 16, 2012
Padua
The COM update, is an update for this rom version:

acer/vg_gen1/vangogh:3.2.1/HTK55D/1331292158:user/release-keys
pre-device=vangogh

So, who can give me a link for the 3.2.1 HTK55D firmware, please? :D

The rom installed is:

acer/a100_aap_au/vangogh:4.0.3/IML74K/1334283555:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1334283609

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
I was considering attempting the update using the EMEA_GB version posted by Vache but am nervous I might do some damage to my tablet.

My current unmodified build.prop starts with the following...

ro.build.fingerprint=acer/vg_gb/vangogh:3.2.1/HTK55D/<<long number>>

I was wondering whether the <<long number>> that comes after /HTK55D/ must match for the update to work or if it is just a personal identifier?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

pintek

May 10, 2011
It won't mess anything up as far asi can tell when trying to install on mine with a decrypted update.zip

pintek

May 10, 2011
if you haven't read from acers website we won't get the ota in the usa till the 27th an also stated previously its looking for the honeycomb build version so the leaks will not ota update which was a given already.

wssfisio

Apr 14, 2012
Im in Brazil and here first i got a update of 17Mb who updated oficial hc build 2.009 to 2.013 and after this getting the ics update.

Chestanuky

Sep 4, 2011
df
I'm in Mexico city I just got first an update for HC build 2.009 to 2.013 and then the ICS one, its installing as I write.. One strange thing is that it stated that It had no Kobo ap and no flash from adobe, but that one could download them from google play when available...

Last edited:

aeric13

Jun 5, 2011
I am also first getting the update to build 2.013.04 COM GEN1.

I am now downloading a 188.14MB file as another update, which is ICS.

I'm from the Philippines btw. And I didn't flash my device with unofficial ics rom.

AEric13

Sent from my A100 using XDA

kaloyabnoy

Apr 23, 2012
I am also first getting the update to build 2.013.04 COM GEN1.

I am now downloading a 188.14MB file as another update, which is ICS.

I'm from the Philippines btw. And I didn't flash my device with unofficial ics rom.

AEric13

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Dude im from the Philippines too, but i don't receive any updates? need some help here :D

MrCubbins

Sep 26, 2010
Montreal
Can anyone who has got the OTA update in America/Canada please confirm if it is still possible to gain root and whether the bootloader is unlockable?

No update for me here in Canada yet.... I am checking every hour (I am on the EMEA_GB ROM so I am wondering if I will have to wait until the original 03/05/12 announced date) :(

thank you

Last edited:

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Can anyone who has got the OTA update in America/Canada please confirm if it is still possible to gain root and whether the bootloader is unlockable?

No update for me here in Canada yet.... I am checking every hour (I am on the EMEA_GB ROM so I am wondering if I will have to wait until the original 03/05/12 announced date) :(

thank you

I believe the OTA you are waiting for is what ZeroNull has already posted....I was able to root..unlock bootloader...and flash a recovery

proactix

Jan 17, 2011
I am in Cali, just got the update...everything went fine...but no Acer Ring...

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts