Motorola Razr M Flash To PagePlus?

Search This thread

fuego_w8

Jan 10, 2013
Hey, I'm a bit of a noob to all this but I have been trying to flash my Razr M to use with pageplus for about 12 hours. I have read through this forum as well as several others and I seem to be stuck at the part where I use the CDMA program. The problem is that I can't find the COM port for the phone in diag mode after booting with BP tools. The phone is running 4.0.4 ICS and I do have the drivers/device manager installed. The only thing is my PC (Win 7 - 64bit) says that my drivers aren't installed correctly when I boot with BP tools, otherwise when its not booted with BP tools it connects fine and the device manager pops up. I have tried looking for solutions to this problem over a vast number of threads and webpages, to no avail. If anyone could could help me out and tell me how I might proceed in finding the COM port when connected to my PC that would be great.

Much thanks

Last edited:

billa

Mar 30, 2006
i'll give that a shot. thanks

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

i did as you said, but the subscription mode keeps reverting back to 0. Am i doing something wrong? its on ICS not JB.

I use root explorer, make sure its r/w not r/o
copy the file and paste in same folder
use SQlite to edit subscription_mode from 0 to 1
save and go back to root explorer
delete the original settings
rename the copy to what the orinal one was
reboot and use CDMAWS.

nothing sticks and when i go back into SQlite to look at the file the mode is back to 0

------------------------------------

so i noticed the phone is on 4.1 and i did it again as per your 4.1+ instructions. but still reverting.

What i did find interesting is regardless of where i make a copy/paste of settings.db it will show up in the other folder. I.E if i do the copy/paste in the data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases it will show up in the data/0/user/ side, and vice versa

I just did a full reboot, and went back in through SQLite and checked it shows subscription_mode - 0 but if i use root explorer to make a copy of settings.db and go into SQLite to look at the copy version, it says subscription mode - 1

i'm doing a bit more fidgeting and i think somehow everytime the phone turns on, it double checks inside settings.db and make sures that the value is 0. Because what i ended up doing was renamed the one that was holding the value at 1 to settings.db and made the one that didn't hold to value to settings1.db. After that i toggled airplane mode and the value switched back to 0 right away. Phone is on 4.1.1 if it makes a difference.

As a thought, after writing the value in settings.db try changing the file prop to read only (r/o) and see if that might help retaining its value during bootup.

@fuego_w8 Search for the pre-release moto driver v5.9.1 it's has the correct BP Tools drivers but only for 32bit systems.

Reactions: fuego_w8

schmittyd

Jan 16, 2013
Hi..here's the solution. (only for rooted Ics, not available for razr m/hd with OTA Jelly bean)
1. If you are on Jelly Bean, return to stock ICS.
2. You MUST root the phone.
3. Download Sqlite Editor from Play store. (Available for purchase)
4. Download ES Root Explorer from Play store.(Available for purchase)
5. Using explorer, go to data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases
6. find Settings.db inside the folder, copy and paste this file in the same folder.
7. Open the new file(settings-copy.db) with sqlite editor.
8. Find Preferred CDMA subscription, change the value from 0 to 1, save and exit.
9. Delete the original settings.db files, then rename settings-copy.db to settings.db
10. Return to home screen. Restart into boot loader. Choose BP tool to program.

11. From this point, you can do Nam programming on your phone with dfs/cdma-ws/qpst and the value will stick.

This method works on new Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD with Rooted ICS only. Not working with Jelly Bean OTA, because there's no pref.cdma subscription inside the settings.db. Maybe we have to wait for full stock JB file.

Happy flashing guys..

Anybody know if this (flashing to PagePlus) also works on phones running Cyanogenmod?

fuego_w8

Jan 10, 2013
Ok, so I have my Razr M activatd on pageplus and I can text and call but have no mobile data. My mobile data is only active when I am connected to a wifi network. If I turn wifi off and leave data on it displays no mobile data signal and I have no access. Also I got a blank SIM card to put in it but when I have it in it *22899 autodials about every 5 minutes. Any insight as to how to get mobile data working, how to make my phone pick up signal without a wifi network and and specific directions on what to do with a blank SIM card and if I need to get another one.

Last edited:

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Ok, so I have my Razr M activatd on pageplus and I can text and call but have no mobile data. My mobile data is only active when I am connected to a wifi network. If I turn wifi off and leave data on it displays no mobile data signal and I have no access. Also I got a blank SIM card to put in it but when I have it in it *22899 autodials about every 5 minutes. Any insight as to how to get mobile data working, how to make my phone pick up signal without a wifi network and and specific directions on what to do with a blank SIM card and if I need to get another one.

Instead of a brand new sim card put in a used one which will get rid of the constant activation attempts.

There's an interesting alternative solution by flashing it to GSM found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1984265

Reactions: fuego_w8

prr pwnz

Jan 30, 2013
Ok first let me say thanks. This is a push in the right direction I was able to get voice and text working. Razr M XT907

Followed the steps laid out but after changing setting to nv_only "done" was still grayed out when phone rebooted.
Booted phone back into bptools and using dfs checked setting sure enough nv_only had taken. So I manually pushed the min/mdn, cdma system id
after restarting the phone and going back to the user activation screen the fields were populated and the "done" button was available so I was able to write the settings to the phone.

After phone reboots settings have taken but the strange thing is when I try to activate the phone I get an Alltel activation that fails.
Not sure what is happening here but phone appears to be on Alltel network instead of Verizon as expected.

I booted back into bptools and manually loaded a new pageplus prl. Reboot the phone prl it is set to new one.
Then the phone dials out *28899 trying to activate on verizon but it also fails. Tried dialing *22800 to activate but the screen comes up
with " A Verizon Wireless SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities".
Doing a quick check of my setting and my cdma system id and prl have been changed. cmda 1015, prl 52952.
So it would seem that after the *28899 tried to activate it changed my settings.

Anyway to make a long story short voice and text work but cant get 3G to work, and apparently the phone is not activated
and the *28899 is dialing at random trying to activate. I have gone and changed my cdma back 443 and that seems to keep the
*28899 from coming up as often that could be my imagination.

Sorry if this rambles first time flashing a phone if anything needs clarification let me know I will try to explain better.

Is ES Root Explorer still available on Google Play? The closest thing I can find is ES File Explorer and when I use that the .providers file does not show up. FYI--The phone has been rooted.

prr pwnz

Jan 30, 2013
NV mode?

At first I set the phone to NV only mode, then followed one of the many guides online for Droird Razr flashing to page plus using CDMA workshop. After setting all the values in CDMA and EDVO, I had calls, texts and 2g data. Then, I put in a blank Verizon 4g sim and called *228, and clicked 1 to program. Once it was done, i restarted the phone and 3g started working.

Would someone please explain to a novice how to set the phone to NV only mode? I've tried a variety of google searches and can't really find what it is let alone how to accomplish it. Most on this particular thread say they must do it first, but not how. Thanks!

wardcst

Jan 14, 2011
Milbank SD
batmobilewireless.com
Here is how to get it to flash nv only
You need to read the posts and it was answered you will also need the Drivers which were kindly posted back in this thread.

Hi..here's the solution. (only for rooted Ics, not available for razr m/hd with OTA Jelly bean)
6. find Settings.db inside the folder, copy and paste this file in the same folder.
8. Find Preferred CDMA subscription, change the value from 0 to 1, save and exit.
9. Delete the original settings.db files, then rename settings-copy.db to settings.db

11. From this point, you can do Nam programming on your phone with dfs/cdma-ws/qpst and the value will stick.

This method works on new Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD with Rooted ICS only. Not working with Jelly Bean OTA, because there's no pref.cdma subscription inside the settings.db. Maybe we have to wait for full stock JB file.

Happy flashing guys..

Last edited:

prr pwnz

Jan 30, 2013
Here is how to get it to flash nv only
You need to read the posts and it was answered you will also need the Drivers which were kindly posted back in this thread.

My apologies. I've read through the entire thread probably 5-6 times, but I did not realize that droidan's step to mod the settings.db file was considered "putting it in nv only".

ZaYAC-ua

Jan 21, 2010
Dneprodzerzhinsk
NV_only on JB XT907

I managed to set the NV only on Android 4.1.
To do this:
1. Flash the modem driver from Android 4.0.4. yadi .sk/d/AehMbEDt2nAW2 (remove space in link)
2. The file settings.db at \ data \ data \ com.android.provider.settings \ databases to install 13 point "substcription_mode" to "1"

I have described in detail in our 4pda .ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=403669&view=findpost&p=19112888 (remove space in link) the example Intertelecom Ukraine.
P.S. I did not know English and I use google translate, but I hope you understand me and it will be helpful to you.:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-02-05-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-02-05-56.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Screenshot_2013-02-22-02-07-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-02-07-13.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 261

neelhow

Dec 14, 2011
I tried this on my razr m. As far as i could tell the modem flashed but the settings would not stick maybe i did something wrong.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gurrumino

Feb 28, 2009
To do this:
1. Flash the modem driver from Android 4.0.4. yadi .sk/d/AehMbEDt2nAW2 (remove space in link)
2. The file settings.db at \ data \ data \ com.android.provider.settings \ databases to install 13 point "substcription_mode" to "1"

I have described in detail in our 4pda .ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=403669&view=findpost&p=19112888 (remove space in link) the example Intertelecom Ukraine.
P.S. I did not know English and I use google translate, but I hope you understand me and it will be helpful to you.:)

Hey, ZaYAC, you are the man! This method works on Razr HD too. Thanks for sharing!

This is GREAT NEWS!!!. So i just simply flash de radio/modem of the razr M XT907 that ZaYAC-ua is providing into my razr HD?. Or do i need to find a special one for the Razr HD XT926?.

Thank you!.

recon56

Sep 9, 2010
Can anyone confirm ZaYAC-ua 's method for 4.1.1 on XT907? I have given it a try on my phone and I can't get the 1 to stick. I tried the link he gave as well as, the modem off of I took the modem off of the "VZW_XT907_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S1-36-10_CFC" flashboot. Whenever i reset the phone the subscription_mode seems to be deleted and readded with "0", i say this because it reappears at the end of the list with a new id number.

EDIT: Here is what fixed it for me. Take out the SIM card! I had left it in thinking it made no difference, I was wrong

Last edited:

Wojei

Dec 13, 2010
Can anyone confirm ZaYAC-ua 's method for 4.1.1 on XT907? I have given it a try on my phone and I can't get the 1 to stick. I tried the link he gave as well as, the modem off of I took the modem off of the "VZW_XT907_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S1-36-10_CFC" flashboot. Whenever i reset the phone the subscription_mode seems to be deleted and readded with "0", i say this because it reappears at the end of the list with a new id number.

I haven't tried yet, but did you follow step 8 on the linked website:

Copy this file to replace (\ data \ data \ com.android.provider.settings \ databases), and agree on a replacement. Check the owner and set "1000-system" in both paragraphs. And putting permission rw-rw ----. And of the three files in the folder.

The permissions seems like the only thing that could keep it from changing from 1 back to 0.

Let us know if you get it working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NV_only on JB XT907

To do this:

Happy flashing guys..
    Alright guys, sorry I don't have the guide ready yet. The good news, is that I have been able to reproduce and document my results without too much trouble... smooth stable 3G on JB. The bad news, is that this will require a donor after all.

I mentioned earlier that the HA/AAA keys were coming from OTA programming... actually that's not true, they were coming from my donor. I thought all this time that the M.IP and NAM settings were totally locked on the XT907... turns out that they are write-only. Very strange... so you can't read them, but you can write to them.. OK... but since the keys aren't coming down via OTA, we'll need a donor and then we can write them.

I think I've figured out a way to use DFS for this, so you won't have to spend $108 on CDMAws at least. Also, I can help people via PM and send them their 3G keys if they don't have a donor.
    Thanks to all
    Guide

Alright, here is my guide. Let me know how it goes. (Posted at HoFo since there is a larger PPC following there)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ellyBean-on-PagePlus-VOICE-SMS-MMS-3G-WORKING